We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
The world is my oyster and I love to travel and experience all that it offers. I have travelled extensively throughout the world and the kindness and warmth of the people I have met will stay with me forever.
Moments that I will never forget:
- The sound of ice calving at the Hubbard Glacier in Alaska.
- Sailing through the Panama Canal - hundreds died in the buidling of this canal and the scenery is just amazing as you pass through each lock on your journey.
- Visiting a Viet Cong cemetery in Vietnam and hearing the story of a family torn by this war, with one brother fighting for the north and one fighting for the south. A very moving country with charming people.
- Shanghai, a mix of old and new with a tremendous buzz!
- Devils Island, French Guyana - remember the film Papillon? This is a part of history that is rapidly eroding, so visit soon before there is nothing left to visit. It is an amazing place.
- Cape Town, The Winelands and Garden Route - take me back now!
Earned by reviewing a place that wins a Travelers' Choice Award in 2015. The Travelers' Choice Awards honor the best hotels, attractions, restaurants and destinations worldwide, based on millions of traveler reviews.