If you can’t beat them, join them – right? As snow and ice blanket much of the US, the team at Viator is featuring a selection of destination activities that will have snow-lovers smiling. From Salt Lake City, Utah to Sapporo, Japan, travelers in search of a snow-capped trip will find plenty to choose from with Viator.
Beautiful winter scenery, magical icy lakes and welcoming alpine villages swathe many European cities. Travelers seeking the frostier side of the region will enjoy everything from the Ice Flyer chairlift in the Swiss Alps to a snow hotel in Lapland.
- Travelers can take an unforgettable Apline tour to the top of Europe – literally – with the Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip from Zurich.
- The Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich includes a guided tour of top Lucerne attractions, a ride on a revolving cable car and a soaring journey on the Ice Flyer chairlift.
- Visit Finland’s spectacular frozen hotel carved anew each year and spend the night in a stunning private snow room with the Overnight Lapland Experience at the Snow Village Snow Hotel from Levi.
- The Northern Lights Experience at the Snow Village from Levi combines a visit to the icy village with an exploration of the Northern Lights (both multimedia and the real deal).
- For the chilliest of expeditions travelers should try the Lapland Wilderness Snowmobile Safari from Saariselkae with Ice Fishing and Snowshoeing.
CANADA and The USA
Some of world’s best wintry moments can be had in destinations across North America’s snow-blanketed wonderlands. A selection of the region’s skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, snowshoeing and other snow-inspired pursuits are available from Viator this time of year.
- Take in the remnants of the last ice age during the Athabasca Glacier Snow Trip from Banff with a personalized small group tour through the awe-inspiring landscape.
- Enjoy a stress-free ski or snowboard day with the Snowbus from Vancouver plus Whistler Blackcomb Lift Ticket, featuring luxury transport and a full-day lift ticket.
- When the snow falls and transforms the city into an idyllic winter scene, the whole family will have a blast with the Montreal in Winter Ice Skating Snowshoeing and Sledding on Mount Royal.
- The Whistler Snowshoe Adventure and the Whistler Wilderness Snowmobile Run are two spectacular ways to explore the Callaghan Valley, site of the 2010 Winter Olympic Nordic games.
Ski and Snowboard
- The Hunter Mountain Ski Resort Day Trip from New York City with Optional Ski or Snowboard Lesson gets travelers onto the slopes with lift ticket, skis or snowboard, all the gear and even an Uber credit for first time users.
- The Ski Salt Lake City Super Pass Discounted Lift Passes Rental and Free Transport provides savings of up to 20 percent on rentals and lift passes as well as free transport.
- Escape the crowds on a fun, informative and suitable-for-all-ages snowmobile tour with an expert guide during the Rocky Mountains Snowmobile Tour.
- For anyone who loves the chills and the thrills, the Snowmobile Tour From Anchorage spends the day winding through open fields, beaver ponds and frozen waterfalls across Alaska’s backcountry.
- With easy-to-follow techniques and snowshoe gear provided the Guided Snowshoe Hike in Yosemite is suitable for beginners and experts alike.
- The Mt Hood Snowshoe Adventure from Portland brings travelers to the National Forest that features Oregon’s highest mountain, for a scenic, fun and educational snowshoe adventure.
It may be best known for its beer, but Sapporo’s next claim to fame is its frosty winter season. Host of the 1972 winter Olympics, Sapporo embraces the winter wonderland of its colder months with outdoor activities and events like the world-renowned Sapporo Snow Festival (Feb. 5 – 11, 2015).
- Let the glittering stars and sparkling lights enchant during the small group Night Snowshoe Tour from Sapporo and Asahiyama Memorial Park.
- Venture into the snow covered mountains of Japan during the Snowshoe Hiking Tour Including Lunch from Sapporo.
- Participate in one of Hokkaido’s most popular winter activities: ice fishing for smelt on the frozen Barato River during the Ice Fishing on Barato River from Sapporo
For more information on these and thousands of other amazing travel experiences as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, visit www.viator.com or follow Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and Twitter (ViatorTravel).