This contest ended on July 11, 11:59pm EST.
To celebrate TripAdvisor’s first Travelers’ Choice® awards for Rentals, we’re giving away an incredible bucket-list trip to Bali, voted the world’s best destination by TripAdvisor travelers! You and a lucky companion will get free flights, dates of your choice, and a 10-night stay in one of the award-winning properties right in the heart of Seminyak.
About the Award-Winning Villa Ziba: Your Balinese Paradise
You could win a 10-night stay in the luxurious Villa Ziba, along with return flights and airport transfers for two. Travelers have called the rental “pure bliss,” “absolutely perfect,” and a “little piece of heaven.” Villa Ziba boasts a contemporary style, mixing strong Balinese and Scandinavian influence throughout. Stunning materials like volcanic lava stone, massive teak wood, and hand-woven ikat textiles create a beautifully modern environment. The open-plan layout allows one room to spill gracefully into the next, as calmness and tranquility seep into every stone. The two master bedrooms overlook a large overflow pool, lush garden, and lotus pond. Picture yourself relaxing on the sun deck with a good book, or simply gazing out across the Lotus pond.. Villa Ziba is a luxury retreat in every sense of the phrase. There’s even butler service included—so no need to worry about cooking, ironing, or cleaning! The location of this property can’t be beat. It’s a short 10-minute walk to the Seminyak beach and less than five minutes to shops and dining.
Bali: The World’s #1 Destination
There’s a reason Bali won this year’s Travelers’ Choice® awards for Destinations. A trip to this island paradise is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Peaceful, picture-perfect beaches dot the coastlines while lush jungle and rolling hills dominate the island’s interior. Tour the famous Tanah Lot and Ulun Danu Bratan temples, explore Kintamani Volcano and the Lemukih village rice fields at sunrise, or stand in awe below Sekumpul Waterfall. Take a cooking class to learn traditional Balinese dishes (satay, anyone?) and bring the unforgettable island flavors home with you. In Bali, you’ll be welcomed by exotic plant and wildlife (both above and below the water). Dive along coral reefs in the morning and hike through misty mountains in the afternoon. Bali is synonymous with tranquility and calmness, so don’t skip a visit to the spa or pass on a sunrise yoga class. With Bali winning the 2017 destination of the year by TripAdvisor travelers, there’s no better time to go.
TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice selections are announced annually in categories including destinations, beaches, flights and hotels, but this is the first ever iteration for rentals. The awards were open globally, and winners were located in the following countries: Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, France, Greece, Italy, India, Indonesia, the Netherlands, Spain, Sri Lanka, the United Kingdom and the United States.
“These homes—and their owners—are travelers’ top picks and a wonderful representation of the hundreds of thousands of amazing properties we list all over the world.” — Dermot Halpin, President of TripAdvisor Attractions & Rentals
The inaugural Travelers’ Choice Awards for Rentals recognizes 30 of the top rental homes in world. With features like private pools, lakefront views, and mountain access, these award-winning rentals highlight everything travelers love about TripAdvisor Rentals’ unique global inventory. Winning properties range from a chic Parisian apartment and a waterfront Italian villa, to an unforgettable houseboat in Amsterdam, a cozy studio nestled in Yosemite National Park, and a luxury home set amidst an island vineyard. Travelers’ Choice award winners were determined based on TripAdvisor travelers’ reviews and opinions, and level of customer service provided by the homeowner throughout the booking process. The awards recognize travelers’ favorite properties in three categories: high-end, mid-range and affordable.
“Traveler reviews and opinions are at the heart of everything we do at TripAdvisor, and we rely on the traveler community to determine the winners of the Travelers’ Choice Rentals awards,” said Dermot Halpin, President of TripAdvisor Attractions and Rentals. “These homes—and their owners—are travelers’ top picks and a wonderful representation of the hundreds of thousands of amazing properties we list all over the world.”
TripAdvisor Rentals is a leading platform where thousands of travelers find their perfect rental. Whether you’re looking for a stylish city apartment, cozy cabin, or spacious poolside villa in a premier summer destination, we have the rental for you, no matter what your budget or where you want to be in the world. Using the power of TripAdvisor’s global travel community, TripAdvisor Rentals pairs the insider knowledge of our homeowners with the collective wisdom of millions of reviews. You’ll discover not only the best vacation rentals, but the best attractions, the best restaurants, and the best things to do.
TripAdvisor Rentals travelers always stay the smarter way, thanks to Payment Protection and a wealth of insider recommendations. With over 300 new reviews and opinions added every minute, TripAdvisor is an ever-growing resource where you can plan and book every part of your trip in one place. You can know better, book better, and go better. And rest assured that your vacation and your money is in safe hands with our Payment Protection.
Flights & 10 Nights in Bali
Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH FORM A CONTRACT. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS ON THE PART OF ENTRANT AND A LIMITATION OF ENTRANT’S RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
If you opt to access the Sweepstakes via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions. The Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
- Eligibility. The Flights & 10 Nights in Bali Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia and the countries of Canada, France, Germany, Spain and the United Kingdom, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or at least the legal age of majority in the state/country in which they reside at the time of entry (the “Entrant“). Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to win a prize: (a) employees or agents of the Sponsor and their respective affiliates, and each of their respective companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies; (b) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Sweepstakes; and (c) persons who (i) are in the immediate family of any person in any of the preceding categories (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, spouse, grandmother, grandfather, children or grandchildren), regardless of where they live, or (ii) reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor’s database clock will be the timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
- The Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes begins on 6/27/2017 at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”), and ends on 7/11/2017 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Entry Period”). There will be one (1) random drawing to award one (1) prize. Drawing will take place in the UK on 7/12/2017. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of Holiday Lettings Limited, 7 Soho Square, London W1D 3QB (the “Sponsor” or “Promoter”).
- How To Enter. Visit one of the contest entry pages during the Entry Period, click on the Sweepstakes link and complete all of the required fields on the registration page. To complete your entry, agree to the Official Rules and submit. The winning entry will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries that include a completed registration form.
- Limit. One (1) entry per household during the Entry Period. Entries found to be in excess of any stated limitation, and entries generated by script, macro or other automated or bulk means, or any means that subverts the entry process, will be void. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. The Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry, and reserves the right to reject any submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of the Sponsor’s policies, standards, or practices. All materials and entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
- Agreement to Official Rules. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to the Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and legally binding in all respects.
- Winner Selection and Notification. A random drawing will be conducted on or about 07/13/2017 by an independent adjudicator from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential Winner will be notified by e-mail, or phone using the contact information provided at the time of registering for the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential Winner does not respond within Twenty Four (24) hours of the first notification attempt, or if prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential Winner will forfeit the prize and, at the Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential Winner may be selected. If any potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if the subject potential Winner has not complied with the within Official Rules, or declines the prize for any reason, such potential Winner will be disqualified and, at the Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential Winner may be selected.
- Prize. Only the prize listed below will be awarded in the Sweepstakes.
One (1) Grand Prize: Winner and one (1) guest will receive a round trip airfare to Bali, and a 10 night stay in a top Vacation Rental Property in Bali (the “Property”). Approximate retail value of prize is $5,000 USD. The Property advertised in connection with the Sweepstakes may be substituted with another in a similar location at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The trip must be completed within 12 months of the end of the Entry Period. Subject to availability.
Airfare: Winner and one (1) guest will receive round trip flights from the country of their legal residence to and from Bali. Only legal residents of the U.S., Canada, U.K., Spain, France & Germany are eligible for this Sweepstakes. Airfare per person will not exceed $1000 USD per round trip ticket. Winner and guest will be responsible for any airline taxes or fees associated with each ticket.
Behaviour and Conduct: By accepting the prize, Winner agrees that Winner and their guest shall not do anything, either when staying at the Property or otherwise in connection with the Sweepstakes, that might bring into disrepute, scandal or ridicule, or reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor. See also Special Notes in this section below.
Food & Beverage: Winner and their guest will be solely responsible for all their food and beverage purchases. See also Special Notes in this Section below.
Accepting of Prize: Winner will have Twenty Four (24) hours from the time they are notified that they are the Winner to scan, sign and return via email all affidavits, forms & releases associated with this prize to the Sponsor at email@example.com. If Winner does not return all affidavits, forms & releases in the manner mentioned above within Twenty Four (24) hours of notification, the Sponsor at its own discretion has the right to void this prize from the selected Winner.
- Prize is provided on an “as is” basis, without any warranty of any kind. Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. Prize may not be redeemed for cash except at the Sponsor’s option. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value if the advertised prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable, but otherwise no substitutions shall be given.
- The Sponsor is not responsible if the trip is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and Winner will not be reimbursed for any such delay, postponement or cancellation. By accepting the prize, Winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions required by the suppliers of the prize elements.
- Accommodation and transportation are all subject to availability. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and on the same dates. Selection of the Property shall be at the discretion of the Travel must be round trip.
- Air transportation shall be by coach (economy) class roundtrip from a major gateway to Denpasar, Bali, and all such travel arrangements will be made by a designated representative whose decisions regarding the itinerary are final and binding. Selection of airline and airport shall be at the discretion of the Sponsor or any other provider of any portion of the prize. Winner and guest must have valid travel documents to fly and to check in to a hotel (e.g., government issued I.D., passport, major credit card, etc.) along with any other travel requirements in order to travel prior to departure, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. Winner and guest are solely responsible for satisfying all legally required conditions of travel. The Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation or delay or any weather or airline issues that prevent the Winner and guest, if applicable, from traveling, in which event any missed portion of the prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided.
- All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facilities charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes, insurance or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, undeliverable, returned, refused or stolen tickets or passes. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable local, state, and/or federal taxes. Approximate retail value of the prize is $5,000 USD. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
As a prerequisite for receiving the prize, potential Winner will be required to sign (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility; (b) an Agreement of Publicity (granting the Sponsor the right to use the name and image of the Winner and guest for advertising and promotion purposes, except where prohibited); (c) a liability release; and (d) a form W‑9, Taxpayer Request for Identification (U.S. Winners only), and return each of the properly executed documents to the Sponsor within Twenty Four (24) hours of attempted notification. A potential Winner who satisfies all of the Sweepstakes requirements, including, without limitation, those set forth in this paragraph, will be designated the official Winner (the “Winner”).
- DISCLAIMER. The Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Winner Publicity Requirements. Acceptance of the prize shall constitute the Winner’s agreement and consent for the Sponsor and its designees to use Winner’s and guest’s name, likeness, photo, and/or prize information (including, without limitation, city, state and country of residence) in connection with this Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, in any manner, worldwide, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
- Release of Liability / Conditions of Participation.
- Transmission of Information. Neither the Sponsor nor any of its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns (all collectively the “Released Parties”) are responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant or not, printing, typographical or other errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in (a) the administration of the Sweepstakes, (b) the uploading, processing, or random selection of entries, (c) the announcement of the Winner or potential Winner, or (d) the prize or any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or mail; (6) costs associated with claiming or redeeming the prize; and/or (7) losses or damages resulting from an Entrant’s connection to the Internet via any of the websites referenced herein. The Released Parties are not responsible for any (a) incorrect, mis‑transcribed, mis‑directed or undeliverable entries or e-mail transmissions, (b) incorrect announcements, (c) technical problems, including, without limitation, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, or any hardware/software, (d) lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, or (e) a combination of any of the foregoing. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for (i) late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries, (ii) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by an Entrant’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client, or (iii) insufficient space in an Entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any damage (whether material or non-material) caused to Entrant’s computer equipment or to data which is stored on such equipment, or to Entrant’s personal, professional or commercial activities. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Sponsor.
- Fraud; Reservation of Rights. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify this Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factors impair the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the Winner from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by the Sponsor. The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, and to void all associated entries. The preceding remedy in no way precludes the Sponsor from taking legal or other actions against such individuals so as to protect its rights. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given circumstance does not constitute the waiver of such provision.
- Release and Indemnity. By participating, Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties, and agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Released Parties, and the other persons and entities involved in the development, production, and/or administration of the Sweepstakes, harmless, from any and all liability for losses, harm, damage, injury, costs, fees, and expenses, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize, and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- FORCE MAJEURE. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of computer virus, bug, system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, earthquake, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, terrorist activity, civil commotion, governmental regulation, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in its sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof), the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to thereafter conduct the Sweepstakes by selecting the Winner for affected Sweepstakes drawing from among all eligible entries received for such affected Sweepstakes drawing prior to the action taken by the Sponsor or otherwise in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) all claims must be resolved in the state or federal courts located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event including attorneys’ fees; and (d) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to, any indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, or damages of any kind (other than actual out‑of‑pocket expenses), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Identity of Winner. For the name of the Winner (available after 7/13/2017), send a self-addressed-stamped envelope to: Flights & 10 Nights in Bali Winner, Holiday Lettings Legal Department, 7 Soho Square, London W1D 3QB.
NOTE TO ENTRANTS FROM CANADA: If a potential Winner resides in Canada, entrant will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind (whether mechanical or otherwise) within a 2-minute time limit in order to be eligible to win the prize. The question will be administered by phone within five (5) business days following the drawing. If an Entrant cannot be contacted and the skill testing question administered, or if the entrant answers the question incorrectly, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate entrant will be selected. Once the skill testing question has been answered correctly, potential Winner will be required to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Agreement of Publicity (except where prohibited) and a liability release to the Sponsor.
NOTE TO ENTRANTS IN THE EU: Your personal data may be shared with the Sponsor’s group companies and transferred to the United States.