We (a German couple in our 60s) stayed in Ian and Bob's place for ten days, missing nothing, enjoying everything! If you like a very quiet surrounding for your holiday and if you want a natural environment tended to along ecological principles, Casal dei Fichi is a good place for you:
- most beautifully situated in the spectacular, hilly landscape of Le Marche
- nicely renovated apartment
- kitchen well-equipped incl. microwave, coffee maker and a dish washer
- living room: stereo, CDs, tv, books ... and a sofa to be used as a bed, which we needed,
since our grown-up son came to stay for a few days - thank you again, Bob and Ian,
for making this possible on short notice!
- spacey bathroom, more than enough towels for use also at the pool
- nice bedroom with a comfortable bed, lots of space for all our clothes.
It must be said here that our apartment (named Ricci) was on ground and first floor, the
upper floor to be reached via a narrow and steep spiral staircase. No problem for us
here, but persons with handicaps should make sure to rent one of the other
apartments (of which we don't know whether there are any staircases)
- very big, well-tended and beautiful garden
- private table outside to sit and eat and chat and just enjoy the day
- vegetables, fruit and eggs from the chickens living on the grounds for guest use
- olive oil in the apartment from Casal dei Fichi olives
- a bottle of local wine and cold water in the fridge on arrival
- a pizza night once a week, Bob and Ian providing everything from dough to cheese,
vegetables and wine; guests can make their own pizza; nice time for a chat with the
hosts and the other guests!
- a pool with sun beds, umbrellas, shower, and a fantastic view ...
- ... and very friendly and helpful hosts living on the grounds, ready to provide any info
and help as well as chats and laughs or a quick how-to-cook-artichokes (from the
garden!) recipe. It's the two of them (plus their animal companions, three lovely dogs
and two cats) who make it easy to settle right down and feel nice and cosy and
We know it sounds too good to be true - but we were there and came back home full of the warmth and beauty we found in Casal dei Fichi to tell the tale ...