I normally only place positive reviews because I don’t want to deprive businesses from any income they need to live. But, this is an exception to my own way of thought. I’m going to state the positives and then will go into the negative and explanation why I’m providing this property with two stars
• Online management with Perla who was is a hired contractor to manage the online booking. Perla was phenomenal. She answered all my questions in a timely manner and she was actually the outlet between our group and owner Stefania when things went wrong.
• The property itself is beautiful. The property is surrounded by trees and you have some views of grape vines and olive trees from a winery across the valley.
Before going into each negative point, I want to make you aware that this location does not supply you with any daily necessitate. Per owner Stefani she is only allowed to provide you with a bed with sheets but not made and a roof over your head. No toilet paper, no paper tools, no soap for the bathrooms or kitchen. If you decide to ignore all the negatives and book this apartment please make sure you visit the nearest COOP grocery store prior to getting there.
• The apartment is very dirty, we had to disrupt our plans and clean it up on our first 2 days, because there was no way we could have continued our 10 day stay.
• BUGS, BUGS, BUGS! You will wake up with something on you. On our first morning I had a Centipede on the wall above my head. The other room had a scorpion in the bath tub, and Ants on the beds which will be your daily normal in this place.
• Mattresses look like they were found on the side of the road and brought in for guests to sleep on. Please see the picture I’m including. Disgusting.
• Pool is extremely dirty. Do not go into the pool. Pictures are deceiving!
• Dish Washer did not work at all so when we asked for dish soap from the owner she went on a rant about she does not need to supply anything bed sheets and a bed. She does not even have to make the bed, but she does it anyway.
• The Road to This place is TERRIABLE! The road is windy, rocky, and uneven road. The road reminds me of going off road in the desert with plenty of uneven uphill areas with big rocks that you will need to maneuver around.
You definitely need a 4x4 to manage to get to this property and please get insurance because you might damage the car.
• The property is supplied by water from a water well that the owner has to replenish on a daily basis from and river nearby. The owner forgot to do that one day and we did not have water all day long which made us cancel all plans we had.
• The owner who lives on the property will not supply you with anything but smart comments. That is reason why I would contact Perla instead for her to communicate anything to the owner.
In conclusion I would not recommend this place to anyone, not even my enemy. But if this is the only location available to you and you must rent just think of the place as a hostel that only provides you with a bed and a nasty mattress to sleep on.