This 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment is set in the heart of the old town district (Darool) in Belgrade, Serbia.
The view of the city from two sides, including a small balcony, allows for a great sunset view of the town each evening (see photos).
Spacious, air-conditioned and/or heated, the apartment provides you with all you will need to enjoy your stay. A elevator takes you up to the 8th floor. The building door is locked and there are double locks on the interior access door, so security is great (besides, you are on the 8th floor!). The living room is off the kitchen, with the bedrooms and bathroom separated by a sliding "barn" door. The kitchen is wide with a large counter and island space. There is a 4-plate glass-top stove, with a sizeable oven; microwave, toaster, electric water heater (for coffee/tea), a combination refrigerator/freezer, and even a dishwasher. The apartment is supplied with dishwashing soap, scrubbers/sponges, and dish towels, along with a full service for 4+. Pots, pans, frying pan, grater, and even a peeler were included. Basics, like salt, pepper and oil were also available. The living room has two divan-type couches, suitable for watching TV on a large TV. Wi-Fi is accessed via a secure code, so you are safe to surf. Alas, Netflix is not yet available in Serbia :< The king bed was comfortable, with good pillows, with another TV mounted on the wall Sheets, towels and blankets were provided. The bathroom has a very nice shower, along with a clothes washer. A drying stand was available (clothes dried in <4 hours with the heater in the room).
The owners, Dejan and Ivana are awesome. Pre-arrival communication was amazing, prompt and attentive to detail, written in flawless English (which they both speak fluently also!). They accommodated our request to leave our bags at the place early (i.e., before check-in). They had baked fresh cookies for us, along with providing a bottle of Serbian wine! Further, since we were visiting during the country's devastating floods, they contacted us immediately to state that the local news stations had suggested using bottled water for a few days while the possibility of water contamination was resolved! Even more wonderful, they actually called a cab company for us to arrange for our early morning departure to the airport. This couple's hospitality made us feel like we were in our own home rather than lost in a foreign country. Their kindness, honesty and helpfulness reflected greatly on our impression of Serbia as a whole.
1) A >150 stall farmer's market is 1 block away, running daily from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
2) It is 1 block away from a money changer.
3) It is only 1 block away from the major tram and bus lines.
4) It is about 8-10 minute walk (up an incline) to get to Republic Square and the heart of Old Town.
5) The 270 degree views of the city sky-line and the ability to see a great sunset every night from the balcony were awesome.
6) There are 3 grocery stores within 3-5 minutes walking.
7) A popular pizza joint (Bucko) is only a 4 minute walk away.
1) There is no desk or place to set-up a computer or drop your keys (but, you should be enjoying the city, not working!).
2) You may have to throw water down the drain in the bathroom. We were there during the flooding, which caused some plumbing issues that had nothing to do with the owners or the building -- just overall water table problems.
3) The country runs on 240 Volts -- so all electrical equipment takes longer to charge or seems to run slower (again, not a problem with the apartment, just something to plan for).