Sliema is Malta's preferred destination amongst tourists because of its location and the variety it has to offer to all its visitors. Situated on the western coast of Malta, Sliema is very close to the capital city of Valletta and St.Julian's (known for its nightlife). The top 5 attractions of Sliema are:
1. Shopping: Numerous branded shops are found along Bisazza Street, Tower Road and in front of the ferries. Besides, The Point Shopping complex situated at Tigne' Point has over 50 branded shops, including the famous UK brand Debenhams.
2. Beaches: The rocky beaches along the promenade of Sliema are picturesque and very popular among sea lovers in summer. There are numerous diving schools in this area and also some paid beach lidos along the coast with nice swimming pools. The wide promenade along the coast which stretches from Ta' Xbiex and continues up to St.Julian;s is not to be missed either during a sunny winter day or during a cool summer evening.
3. Restaurants: One can choose from different cuisines ranging from Mediterranean, Italian, Maltese, Thai, Japanese, American and Mexican.
4. Pubs/night life: Pubs are an ideal night out with friends or family, especially if going to enjoy a nice football match with a delicious beer. Food there is also great. The night life continues till the early hours of the following morning and is alive during the whole year. For those who like discotheques, Paceville is just 5minutes far by car.
5. Cruises: From the ferry area one can take different cruises, either to the capital city Valletta, or an underwater safari, or a day cruise round the Maltese islands or even a nice sunset cruise and enjoy a romantic atmosphere.