Few properties in Tuscany can boast such beautiful panoramic views of the region’s iconic hills and valleys as this one. The lovingly restored villa has a tower, built in the middle of the 1600s, that was once used as a lookout. Now, five couples will enjoy views of nearby Monterchi, as well as the swimming pool, dining al fresco, and day trips to nearby Arezzo and Cortona.
This villa was lovingly restored, keeping to traditional Tuscan methods. The medieval tower has a terrace with unbeatable views over the whole valley. Behind the villa, up a staircase of wide, stone steps, is a new, private swimming pool (12m x 6 m deep, 1.5 m wide; open from May 1 to October 1) in a well-tended garden with roses, lavender, jasmine, cypresses and olive trees. Next to the pool is a Jacuzzi (Heated upon prior request; open from April to October). The area around the pool has a gazebo, table, sunbeds, chairs and umbrellas. An outdoor dining area, located behind the villa within the lush, terraced garden, is perfect for dining al fresco and has a barbecue and a view of Monterchi and the green hills of Tuscany. Additional amenities on the property include a tennis table, volley ball, playground area (1,000 m2) for children, and soccer area. Plenty of parking is available on the property.
Expanded around a medieval tower, the stone farmhouse was added in 1894 by the great grandfather of the current owner. Terracotta floors, wood beamed ceilings, original wooden doors, and period furniture adorn the inside of the property.
Ground Floor: This floor features two living rooms furnished with arm chairs and sofas, with a working fireplace, the television, and a stereo being found in the first. A charming wood-beamed dining room features a long table with chairs. The fully-equipped kitchen has a microwave, American coffee maker, Italian coffee maker (Bialetti), an electric tea kettle, toaster, dishwasher, and oven. A separate laundry room has a washing machine and clothes dryer.
First Floor: This floor has four of the five bedrooms. The first two bedrooms have queen size beds (160 cm) and en suite bathrooms with showers. The second two bedrooms each have a set of twin beds (90 cm, both can be combined upon prior request), and each have an en suite bathroom with a shower.
Medieval Tower: Accessible only from the outside of the villa is the tower and fifth bedroom. The tower has a small sitting area, a bathroom with a shower, and one double bedroom with a queen size bed (160cm). A staircase up to the top of the tower leads to a terrace with views over the entire valley.
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
* Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen: Upon request
* Breakfast: Upon request
* Dinner: Upon request
* Babysitting: Upon request
* Housekeeping: Upon request
* Cooking Lessons: Upon request
* Bikes for Rent: Upon request
* English-speaking Guide: Upon request
* All day wine tour with van and English speaking driver (includes two wine tasting and lunch): Upon request
* Hot Air Balloon Excursions: Upon request
* A welcome buffet is provided on the evening of guests’ arrival.
* The tower and the fifth bedroom within are only accessible from the outside of the villa.
* Air Conditioning: Available in all five of the bedrooms, only.
* If needed and available, air conditioning and heating should ideally be requested ahead of time, at the time of booking. It may be requested upon arrival, as well.
* The swimming pool is located at the top of the terraced garden and is up and behind the villa, accessible by a staircase of wide, stone steps.
* Hair Dryers: There are hairdryers in each of the bathrooms.
* Included with the rental of this villa is an excursion to the Tiber Valley with the owner (who lives 20 minutes away and is available for any assistance). Also included is wine tasting in the local winery and four hours to use the local tennis court with free equipment for two people.
* Reservation of any extra services should be made prior to your arrival.
Additional amenities include: telephone - local calls only, window screens - partial house, pool towels, electric tea kettle, housekeeping available - extra cost, air conditioning - partial house, cd, cook service available - extra cost, outside area - private, independent villa, balcony/terrace, free parking on premises, portable baby crib/play pen - upon request, outside dining, american coffee maker.