We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charming House near Melle

Rental Home -
4 Bedrooms , 2 Bathrooms , Sleeps 8
Melle, Deux-Sevres, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
This charming 19th century traditional country house was built in 1895 by a Parisian merchant as a summerhouse. The house is decorated in traditional French style with exposed beams and chestnut floors, with many original features being preserved. The property has a secure walled with views over the open countryside. Located on the outskirts of the peaceful hamlet of Charzay, 3 miles from the historic market town of Melle and 45 miles from the Atlantic Coast. The house comfortably sleeps 8 adults with a cot provided. There will be a discount of 20% given for any second week booked at this property.
Listing #HL218404
About the Owner
Catherine P
Languages spoken:English, French
Response Time:Within a few hours
Listed Since:March 2012
This rental has no reviews yet
Be the first to write a review
Write a ReviewBe one of the first to review
  • Cable/satellite TV
  • Cots:(1)
  • Dining Seats (8)
  • Dishwasher
  • Double Beds:(2)
  • DVD Player
  • Fireplace
  • Freezer
  • Full Baths (1)
  • Grill
  • Highchair
  • Iron
  • Kettle
  • Linens Provided
  • Living Room Seats (8)
  • Microwave
  • Private Yard
  • Refrigerator
  • Secure Parking
  • Shower Rooms (1)
  • Single Beds:(4)
  • Stereo System
  • Stove
  • Suitable For Children Under 5
  • Toaster
  • Towels Provided
  • TV
  • Washer
Additional amenities & feature info
Large open plan kitchen/ dining room, with access to rear garden, with cooker, large fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and hi-fi unit. The large farmhouse table seats 8. There is also a high chair. Washing machine is situated in shower room.
The lounge has comfy sofas and chairs. There is TV with satellite for English channels and DVD.
Shower Room (Ground Floor) with wash basin and shower cubicle. W.C (Ground Floor) separate to shower room.Bathroom with bath/shower over, vanity unit and wc.
Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor) Double four-poster bed. Bedroom 2 Twin beds and cot. Bedroom 3 Double bed.
Bedroom 4 Twin beds. All bedrooms are equipped with storage facilities and fans.
An additional single bed is available for an extra guest at an additional cost of £50 during Low season and £70 in Hi...
House rules
    Pets not allowed
    Smoking not allowed
    1 Full bath
    1 Shower
    1 Crib
    2 Fulls
    4 Twins
Show Rates

Rates are calculated based on the latest information provided. Please contact the manager/owner to confirm actual rates for your requested dates.

Please contact the manager for complete rate information.
  • Damage Deposit: $193 / stay - Deposit
Additional Rate and Availability Information
A 25% non refundable deposit is required which should be received by us within 10 days to secure the booking.The remaining 75% balance is payable 4 weeks prior to letting date. A refundable security deposit of £150 is also payable with the final balance to cover any breakages or damage.

An additional single bed is available for an extra guest with a supplement of an extra £50 in Low Season and £70 in High Season.

Linen and towels are provided. A cleaning fee is included in the price. However we ask that the house is left clean and tidy.

Lettings are normally Sat (4pm) to Sat (10am). However this can be flexible with prior arrangement. If late arrival is expected please advise.
Hide Rates
About the neighborhood
Melle (5 Mins) Where there are several restaurants and pavement cafes. Large supermarkets, bakers, pharmacies doctors and banks are also found here. A local market is held every Friday morning in the centre of the town.
Brioux-Sur-Boutonne, A smaller town than Melle but with all the essentials, supermarket, pharmacy, bank, restaurants and a local market held each Thursday morning.
Car advised
How to get there
Airport: Poitiers: 31.1 mi
Activities nearby
Fishing Nearby, Horse Riding Nearby, There Are Tennis Courts Nearby, Water Park Nearby, Nearest Beach: 59.0 mi.
Nearby cities
About this property
How do I know if the property is available?
How can I contact the owner?
How will the owner contact me?
What if I don't hear back from the owner?
How do I pay?
Is my payment insured in any way?
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Earn money by renting out your home. With no up-front fees and no contract, you keep more for yourself.
Easy to manage
Confirm bookings in one click and track everything from inquiry to check-out – even while you're on the go.
Trusted by travelers
With millions of reviews and protected online payments, TripAdvisor helps travelers book your home with confidence.
Set up your free listing
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests