To enter the sweepstakes, click here.
Life is better with Vacations brought to you by TripAdvisor® and the Game of Life®
Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. ENTRANT MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY or AT LEAST THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE STATE IN WHICH THEY RESIDE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY (the "Entrant").
1. Eligibility: The Life is better with Vacations brought to you by TripAdvisor® ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older (or the age of majority in your state whichever is older) at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents of TripAdvisor LLC ("Sponsor"); and Cohen-Friedberg Associates, LLC ("Administrator"); and Hasbro, Inc., ("Hasbro") and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers (collectively, "Released Parties"), as well as the immediate family (spouse, and parents, siblings, and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor and Administrator: Sponsor: TripAdvisor LLC, 400 1st Avenue, Needham, MA 02494. Administrator: COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, LLC, Framingham, MA 01702 www.cfapromo.com. For the absolute avoidance of doubt, Hasbro and the Game of Life ® are not sponsors of this Sweepstakes.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and legally binding in all respects.
A. Timing: Sweepstakes begins Friday, September 1, 2017 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends Monday, January 15, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET ("Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer server is the official time-keeping device for Sweepstakes.
B. Winner Section and Notification: There will be one (1) drawing to award one (1) Grand Prize ("Prize") to one (1) winner ("Winner"). Potential winner will be randomly selected by the Administrator from all eligible entries submitted in a random drawing taking place on or about Monday, January 22, 2018. Potential winner will be notified by email, mail, or phone using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted or not received for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential winner does not respond within (48) hours of the first notification attempt, or if prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential winner will forfeit Prize and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason, such potential winner will be disqualified and at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate potential winner will be selected. A potential winner who satisfies all of the Sweepstakes requirements, including without limitation, those set forth in this paragraph and in the section entitled "Winner Requirements" will be designated the official Winner
5. Prize/Odds of winning:
One (1) GRAND PRIZE:
$5,000 Trip of Winner's Choice on TripAdvisor. Travel reservations to be made through the designated representative selected by Sponsor. Travel may include air transportation and hotel accommodations. Once travel plans have been confirmed, no changes will be allowed. All travel must be booked within 90 days of prize award date.
The total approximate retail value of this Prize package is $5,000. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground or airline transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, insurance, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of Winner and his/her guest(s). Sponsor or Administrator will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen prizes. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable, and no substitutions will be made except as provided herein, in the Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a particular prize for one of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable local, state, and/or federal taxes and fees. Winner and his/her travel companion(s) are solely responsible for satisfying all legally required conditions of travel. Winner must have a valid major credit card to check-in to a hotel.
Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Released Parties make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. How to Enter: You may enter this Sweepstakes via the Sponsor's site only (no mail-in entries allowed).
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT AN ENTRY WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
During the Sweepstakes Period visit www.tripadvisorforlife.com and complete all the required information on the registration form, agree to the Official Rules and submit.
LIMIT: You may enter one time per calendar month (ET) during the Sweepstakes Period. If you opt to access the Sweepstakes via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
7. Winner Requirements: Acceptance of Prize shall constitute Winner's agreement and consent to Sponsor and its designees' use of Winner's name, city, state, likeness, photo, avatar, and/or Prize information in connection with this Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, in any manner, worldwide, royalty-free, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. The potential winner of any prize with a value of $600 or more will be required to sign and return properly executed documents issued by COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, including (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility; (b) an Agreement of Publicity (granting Sponsor the right to use the name and image of the Winner for advertising and promotion purposes, unless prohibited by law); (c) a liability release; and (d) a form W 9, Taxpayer Request for Identification, to the Administrator within seven (7) calendar days of attempted notification as a prerequisite for receiving the Prize.
8. Drawing: A random drawing will be conducted on or about Monday, January 22, 2018 by the Administrator from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
9. Release of Liability / Conditions of Participation.
A. Transmission of Information. Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or this Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of this Sweepstakes, the uploading, the processing or random selection of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or mail; (6) costs associated with claiming or redeeming the Prize; nor (7) loss or damages resulting from an Entrant's connection to the internet via any of the websites contained herein. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect, mis-transcribed, misdirected or undeliverable entries, E-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, or for any technical problems of any kind, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries, or undeliverable E-mails resulting from any form of active or passive E-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or E-mail client or for insufficient space in user's E-mail account to receive E-mail. Sponsor does not accept responsibility for any damage (whether material or non-material) caused to Entrants, to their computer equipment or to data which is stored on them, or to their personal, professional or commercial activities. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator.
B. Reservation of Rights. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify this Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of this Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. The preceding in no way precludes Sponsor from taking other actions against such individuals so as to protect its rights. Sponsor's failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given circumstance does not constitute the waiver of such provision.
C. Release and Indemnity. By participating, Entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Released Parties, their parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, and other entities involved in the development/production/administration of the Sweepstakes, and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations, from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
10. FORCE MAJEURE. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of computer virus, bug, system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, governmental regulation or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in its sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and conduct the Sweepstakes selecting the prize Winner(s) for affected drawing from among all eligible entries received for such affected od drawing prior to the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or this Sweepstakes shall be filed exclusively in the federal or state courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action; (b) any such action shall be resolved individually, NOT as part of a class action; (c) any claims/judgments/awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in Entrant's entry into the Sweepstakes (if any), but NOT attorneys' fees, special damages, punitive damages, or consequential damages of any kind (including lost wages). These Official Rules and this Sweepstakes shall be governed by the internal, substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to principles of choice of laws/conflict of laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or of any other jurisdiction.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, all Entrants acknowledge that if they are chosen as a Winner, certain of their personally identifying information may be disclosed to third parties, including, without limitation, on a Winner's list. All personal information submitted as part of the Sweepstakes may be shared by and between the Released Parties and their affiliates and partners, and such affiliates and partners will use disclosed personally identifying information in accordance with their respective online privacy policies.
13. Winners List: For the name of the Winner (available after 2/5/18), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Life is better with Vacations brought to you by TripAdvisor® and the Game of Life® Sweepstakes Winner, PO Box 2312, Framingham, MA 01703-2312, for receipt by 3/31/18.
The use of any prize manufacturer, name or trademark in connection with any of the prizes is solely for the purpose of describing such prize, and is not intended to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship.