Drive Traffic to Your Listing with TripAdvisor Ads for Restaurants
Drive browsers searching for restaurants in your area straight to your listing with TripAdvisor Ads.
Every day, millions of potential customers visit TripAdvisor looking for a great place to eat. Capture the attention of these potential customers, and drive traffic straight to your listing, with TripAdvisor Ads. Ads allow you to get discovered by locals and travelers looking for a place to eat now. These highly targeted ads appear in exclusive placements on TripAdvisor and help fill your tables with highly qualified diners who are ready to decide.
What are TripAdvisor Ads?
TripAdvisor Ads is a new marketing solution available to restaurants on TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor Ads drive traffic to your TripAdvisor listing by promoting your restaurant in exclusive sponsored placements to a targeted audience of diners searching for a place to eat in your area.
How does it work?
TripAdvisor Ads appear on both desktop and mobile, in the first slot of your restaurant category(s) and in the top spot of the ranked list of restaurants. Ads are targeted only to diners searching for restaurants in your area and category on TripAdvisor. This means you’re capturing the attention of a highly targeted audience of diners who are ready to decide.
How much does it cost?
TripAdvisor Ads are charged based on performance — meaning you only pay for clicks that we send to your page. We offer three monthly budget options based on the number of clicks you’d like to receive. And, we make it easy — cancel at any time, no commitment, no hidden fees, and your campaign will automatically renew each month.
Ready to set up TripAdvisor Ads? Let’s get started:
- Log into TripAdvisor: Click the ads link in top menu of your TripAdvisor Management Center.
- Create a new campaign: View your campaign objective and audience. The audience of your campaign is determined by your location as well as categories of information we have about your business like cuisine type, restaurant price range, and meal type as listed on TripAdvisor.
If there are inaccuracies in any of these categories, you can suggest updates to them in the “Manage Listing” section of the TripAdvisor Management Center. To do so, log into tripadvisor.com/Owners and under the “Profile” menu at the top click “Manage Listing.” Make your edits, and click “Submit.”1
- Set your budget: We offer three monthly budget options based on the number of clicks you’d like to drive to your TripAdvisor page. With each option, you pay only for the clicks you receive. We’ll always highlight the “Best Value” option — so you can quickly see which option will drive the most clicks, for the least cost-per-click.
- Add payment information: Add your preferred billing and payment information, we accept either direct debit or credit card. Note that you will not be charged until your first billing cycle (31 days after you’ve setup your campaign).
- Start your campaign: Click “Start Campaign” to begin driving more traffic to your TripAdvisor listing!
- Manage your ads: Once your campaign is running, you can track its performance at any time by clicking the ads link in your Management Center. Here, in the “Ads Overview” section, you will see the dates of present and past ad campaigns, as well as how many clicks and impressions these ads received.
Now that you’re driving more traffic to your TripAdvisor page, make sure those visitors convert into customers by enhancing your listing. TripAdvisor Premium provides you with the tools you need to optimize your listing, increase conversions, and fill tables. In fact, Premium subscribers see up to a 24% increase in booking interest for their restaurants.2 Sign up at tripadvisor.com/Premium.
- 1. TripAdvisor verifies many owner listing updates, such as cuisine type, with our user community. This content gets verified by users through questions we ask during review submission and via other site placements. How quickly we verify the information, and display it on the site, is dependent on the number of people who visit your TripAdvisor page. For most restaurants this process takes less than 5 days, after which you should see your updates published.
- 2. Source: TripAdvisor Log Files, January – February 2017. Properties featuring Favorite Reviews and Storyboard drove an average of 20% more clicks to their own website. Properties with a TripAdvisor booking button drove an average of 24% more booking clicks.
Get Started with TripAdvisor Ads
Get Started with TripAdvisor Ads
Last Updated: October 16, 2017