Need help? Start here.
How to address our most common customer support inquiries
Common questions about TripAdvisor Listings
- How can a listing be created for my hotel?
Note – requests to create new hotel listings on TripAdvisor must be submitted via the link above. Customer Support cannot create individual hotel listings.
- How does the TripAdvisor Popularity Ranking work?
- My hotel is listed in the wrong location – how can I fix it?
- How do I change the category of my accommodation?
- My hotel’s star rating is wrong. Can you update it?
- How can I report a hotel closure?
Note - if you no longer own the business, but it is still operational, please report an ownership change (below).
- How can I report a brand change?
- How can I report an ownership change?
- How can I report a major renovation?
Common Review and Management Response questions
- What are the TripAdvisor review guidelines?
- What happens when a review is submitted on TripAdvisor?
- How do I get more reviews for my hotel?
- How do I dispute a review?
- A staff member’s name was mentioned in a review. Should I be concerned?
- Two guests in the same party each wrote a review. Is this allowed?
- A guest threatened to blackmail my hotel with a bad review. What should I do?
- What are the TripAdvisor Management Response guidelines?
- How do I add a Management Response?
- How can I edit or delete a Management Response?
Common questions about TripAdvisor Features and the Management Center
- How do I register to access the Management Center?
- How can I download the Management Center app? What can I do with the app?
- How can I manage the employees who have access to my listing?
- How can I cancel Management Center access for an employee who has left my hotel?
- I received a Certificate of Excellence. What is this and what are the benefits?
- What can I do to improve my hotel's TripAdvisor performance?
- What is Hotel Questions & Answers (Q&A)?
- How can I update the amenities listed for my property?
- How do I manage notifications of new reviews or questions?
- How do I manage my TripAdvisor Management Photos and/or set my primary photo?
- What are "TripAdvisor Photos"?
- What are the photo guidelines for businesses?
Common questions about TripAdvisor fraud policies
- I received an “Official Notification from TripAdvisor” email – what should I do?
- What is considered fraud?
- How does TripAdvisor detect fraud?
- What can I do if my business was penalized for fraud and I don't know why?
- What is optimization fraud or organized boosting?
Need more help?
Submit a request for support:
- Log in to the Management Center
- Find the "Contact TripAdvisor" box on the right side of the page
- Click the "Get online help" link
- Complete the form for your request
We'll be happy to assist you with your inquiry!
Visit the Management Center
Visit the Management Center
Last Updated: September 15, 2017