How to Mark Your Property as Temporarily Closed on Tripadvisor
Step-by-step instructions on how to add a temporarily closed notification to your Tripadvisor listing
We understand that properties may need to temporarily close from time to time due to seasonality, renovations or other extenuating circumstances like the COVID-19 health crisis. Once you’ve logged into your Management Center, follow these three simple steps to mark your property as temporarily closed:
1. Select the “Manage Listing” card on your Management Center homepage. Alternatively, you can hover over “Manage Listing” in the navigation bar at the top and select “Name & Description.”
2. Switch on the toggle for the “Mark your property as temporarily closed” card at the top of the page.
3. Enter the dates for which your property will be temporarily closed.
And that’s it! A notification that your business is temporarily closed with your anticipated re-open date will be added to your Tripadvisor listing within 24 hours.
A few additional things to note:
- Start Date and End Date are both required to turn on the notification
- You can update or remove your notice at anytime
- The maximum date range allowed for a temporary closure is one year
- Unless edited, the notification will be removed from your listing on the end date you selected
Last Updated: March 19, 2020