Free or Premium? A Guide to Marketing on TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor offers a suite of marketing tools for hospitality businesses. Many are free but a few premium features are available for a fee. Do you know which are which?
Looking for ways to drive more business? TripAdvisor offers a variety of tools to help. There’s something for everyone, but you must be registered for your property’s Management Center to have access.
Let’s start by looking at the free tools available to any accommodation, restaurant or attraction listed on TripAdvisor. These tools are always available in the Management Center:
Properties with at least 1 photo see 138% more engagement than properties with no photos.1
Property page tools
Control the major elements of your TripAdvisor property page through the "Manage Listing" tab in the top menu. Add photos to attract traveler attention, update your amenities, and complete other administration tasks here as well.
Over 60% of travelers say Management Responses make them more likely to book.2
Review management tools
Under "Reviews" in the top menu, you'll find all of the tools you need to manage, measure, and respond to new reviews. Try Review Express to encourage more reviews.
Nearly 90% of travelers say reviews are influential in choosing where to book.3
Free marketing tools
Get help marketing your business under "Marketing Tools" in the top menu of the Management Center. Showcase your reviews with the TripAdvisor Traveler Reviews App for your Facebook page, TripAdvisor Social Media Buttons, and widgets to display your awards and reviews on your website. Finally, request a TripAdvisor sticker for your property, so guests know you’re listed on the world’s largest travel site.4
Want free marketing tips, industry research, helpful guides and more? Visit www.tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights or in the Management Center, under the "Help & Settings" tab in the top menu, select "TripAdvisor Best Practices."
Accommodation & restaurant providers can enhance their TripAdvisor listings and attract even more travelers with some additional tools that are available for a fee. There are no premium tools available for attractions at this time.
Solutions for accommodations
- Business Advantage: Industry-leading tools to better market your business to millions of potential guests, differentiate from competitors, impact booking decisions, and measure and improve your online reputation.Visit www.tripadvisor.com/business/BusinessAdvantage to learn more.
- Instant Booking: Now, travelers can click the “Book on TripAdvisor” button to reserve a hotel directly on the site. Potential guests are more willing to book when they know they can purchase right on TripAdvisor.5 Instant booking gives your hotel an easy way to claim these bookings. Learn more here.
- Sponsored Placements: Drive high quality traffic to your property by putting your listing on top of TripAdvisor search results for travelers searching for a place to stay in your area. Sponsored Placements are risk-free — meaning you pay only for the clicks you get and you can cancel at any time. Sign up today at www.TripAdvisor.com/business/sponsored-placements.
Solutions for restaurants
- TripAdvisor Premium: Get the competitive advantage your business needs with TripAdvisor Premium for Restaurants. Upgrading to Premium gives you exclusive access to powerful subscriber-only tools including Storyboard, Top 3 Reasons to Eat Here, Favorite Reviews, and exclusive data & insights. Learn more here.
- TripAdvisor Ads: Drive traffic to your TripAdvisor listing by promoting your restaurant in exclusive sponsored placements to a targeted audience of diners searching for a place to eat in your area. Learn more here.
- 1. TripAdvisor data, July 7 - August 7 2014, tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights/n2507/bookings-and-traveler-engagement-driven-management-actions
- 2. PhoCusWright, “Custom Survey Research Engagement,” prepared for TripAdvisor, December 2013.
- 3. TripBarometer, April 2014, Global Edition: tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights/n2200/tripbarometer-april-2014-global-edition
- 4. comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide,
- 5. TripAdvisor internal data
Get Started in the Management Center
Get Started in the Management Center
Last Updated: January 10, 2018