TripAdvisor Goes Social: What Accommodations and Restaurants Need to Know
The world’s largest travel site is now the world’s most personalized and connected travel community. Here are answers to your top questions on what’s changing, what’s not, and what this means for your business.
The new TripAdvisor site and mobile experience is designed to inspire and empower travelers with new integrated social features and content types. Members are able to follow friends, family, travel experts, and brands — and get recommendations and inspiration via their travel-dedicated social feed. This personalized feed features a stream of content from people they follow, and is filled with things to do, restaurants to eat at, and of course, places to stay.
The new TripAdvisor site and mobile experience is designed to inspire and empower travelers with new social assistive tools.
Members who visit the TripAdvisor app or site, will see their homepage transformed into a personalized feed of information. When researching a destination, the feed automatically narrows the scope of the information displayed to that particular geographic location, personalized based on the traveler’s community. For example, members planning a trip to Nashville may see a popular food blogger’s list of hidden gems, an influencer’s travel guide of “must-do’s,” and a friend’s review of a new hotel near the Country Music Hall of Fame.
What do I need to do?
Please do not create a new profile for your business. The first version of this new experience has been designed for consumers, influencers, and large media brands like GoPro and National Geographic. We invite you to poke around the new experience as a traveler and get to know the new social elements of the site and app. However, there’s nothing else you need to do just yet.
Your business page, i.e. your TripAdvisor listing page, continues to be the page travelers see and visit when they want to learn more about your business and to see your photos and reviews. The Management Center is still your hub for managing your TripAdvisor page, responding to reviews and uploading photos. We’re working on new business-specific features to better support the needs of representatives like you.
Your TripAdvisor listing continues to be the page travelers see and visit when they want to know more about your business.
What's not changing?
Everything that you interact with regularly as a business representative remains unchanged including:
- The Management Center: This continues to be the place to manage your TripAdvisor listing — log in now to manage your TripAdvisor business profile at www.tripadvisor.com/Owners.
- Management Responses: Responding to reviews shows you care and gives potential guests an opportunity to hear your perspective on a great, or not so great, traveler review. Read our guide to Management Responses.
- Review and Photo Moderation: Reviews and photos continue to be moderated prior to posting on TripAdvisor listing pages.
- Notifications: Review and photo notifications will continue to appear in your Management Center and via email (if you’ve subscribed to receive email notifications).
- Question and Answers: Continue to respond to traveler questions in the Management Center — read how here.
- Content Policies: All content must still adhere to TripAdvisor’s content guidelines and policies. Learn more about how TripAdvisor moderates reviews and listings.
Where is the best place to receive updates?
Your inbox and this article are the best places to check for updates and information. We encourage you to check this article in the coming weeks as we update it with the latest information about the new social experience, and what it means for your business. Additionally, make sure you’re signed up to receive email updates by claiming your business via the Management Center, and checking that your contact information is up-to-date.
Check this article in the coming weeks as we will update it with the latest information about the new social experience.
Visit the Management Center
Visit the Management Center
Last Updated: November 2, 2018