Promote your TripAdvisor listing with widgets, stickers, apps and other more.
6 Free Tools to Get More Reviews for Your Restaurant A key component of your online reputation is a steady collection of recent reviews. Here’s why that’s so important and how to encourage your diners to review you on TripAdvisor.
When it comes to managing your online reputation, one thing you should always be thinking about is how to generate a consistent stream of reviews about your restaurant.
That’s because an average potential diner often reads multiple reviews before making a choice of where to go to eat. We’ve found that diners spend twice as much time on TripAdvisor restaurant listings that have at least twenty reviews, so your first step should be to make sure your restaurant has a healthy volume of reviews.
Even when you’ve generated a large base of reviews, it’s important to keep collecting them. That’s because diners are much more interested in what your restaurant was like yesterday than what it was like six months ago.
Your goal? Strive for building a continuous pipeline of recent reviews. When a restaurant has over forty recent reviews — that is, reviews that are less than six months old — diners are three times as likely to engage with the listing in some way — by looking at the menu, clicking through to the website, or booking online.
Here are six free tools you can use to encourage diners to leave more reviews:
1. Collect Reviews Directly on Your Website
Use your restaurant’s own website to tell potential diners that you’re on TripAdvisor and encourage them to leave reviews.
If you’re tech-savvy (or know someone who is), you can add a personalized review collection widget which will allow your diners to write a TripAdvisor review without leaving your website. You can easily copy the personalized code from here and paste it onto your website.
At a minimum, mentioning on your website that you love restaurant reviews and including a link to your TripAdvisor listing should encourage diners to write reviews....
Request a Free TripAdvisor Sticker
Looking for a great way to show that you value guest feedback and encourage new reviews, while increasing walk-in traffic? Get a free TripAdvisor sticker for your front door, window or high-traffic area of your hotel, restaurant or attraction today by using our sticker request tool: www.tripadvisor.com/StickerRequest.
Show off your TripAdvisor Sticker
- 67% of travelers check TripAdvisor a few times a month1
- 75% of travelers prefer businesses with a TripAdvisor endorsement2
- 89% of global travelers say reviews are influential when choosing where to book3
Please allow up to 6 weeks for the sticker to arrive by mail. Once you get it – we’d love to see it! Tweet a photo to @TripAdvisorB2B using the hashtag #OnTripAdvisor.
- 1. Source: PhoCusWright study commissioned by TripAdvisor, December 2013
- 2. Source: TripAdvisor member survey, October 2012
- 3. Source: TripBarometer April 2014: Global Edition
Free or Premium? A Guide to Marketing on TripAdvisor TripAdvisor offers a suite of marketing tools for hospitality businesses. Many are free but a few premium features are available for a fee. Do you know which are which?
Looking for ways to drive more business? TripAdvisor offers a variety of tools to help. There’s something for everyone, but you must be registered for your property’s Management Center to have access.
Let’s start by looking at the free tools available to any accommodation, restaurant or attraction listed on TripAdvisor. These tools are always available in the Management Center:
Properties with at least 1 photo see 138% more engagement than properties with no photos.1
Property page tools
Control the major elements of your TripAdvisor property page through the "Manage Listing" tab in the top menu. Add photos to attract traveler attention, update your amenities, and complete other administration tasks here as well.
Over 60% of travelers say Management Responses make them more likely to book.2
Review management tools
Under "Reviews" in the top menu, you'll find all of the tools you need to manage, measure, and respond to new reviews. Try Review Express to encourage more reviews.
Nearly 90% of travelers say reviews are influential in choosing where to book.3
Free marketing tools
Get help marketing your business under "Marketing Tools" in the top menu of the Management Center. Showcase your reviews with the TripAdvisor Traveler Reviews App for your Facebook page, TripAdvisor Social Media Buttons, and widgets to display your awards and reviews on your website. Finally, request a TripAdvisor sticker for your property, so guests know you’re listed on the world’s largest travel site.4
Want free marketing tips, industry research, helpful guides and more? Visit www.tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights or in the Management Center, under the "Help & Settings" tab in the top menu, select "TripAdvisor Best Practices."
Accommodation & restaurant providers can enhance their TripAdvisor listings and attract even more travelers with some additional tools that are available for a fee. There are no premium tools available for attractions at this time.
Solutions for accommodations
- Business Advantage: Industry-leading tools to better market your business to millions of potential guests, differentiate from competitors, impact booking decisions, and measure and improve your online reputation.Visit www.tripadvisor.com/business/BusinessAdvantage to learn more.
- Instant Booking: Now, travelers can click the “Book on TripAdvisor” button to reserve a hotel directly on the site. Potential guests are more willing to book when they know they can purchase right on TripAdvisor.5 Instant booking gives your hotel an easy way to claim these bookings. Learn more here.
- Sponsored Placements: Drive high quality traffic to your property by putting your listing on top of TripAdvisor search results for travelers searching for a place to stay in your area. Sponsored Placements are risk-free — meaning you pay only for the clicks you get and you can cancel at any time. Sign up today at www.TripAdvisor.com/business/sponsored-placements.
Solutions for restaurants
- TripAdvisor Premium: Get the competitive advantage your business needs with TripAdvisor Premium for Restaurants. Upgrading to Premium gives you exclusive access to powerful subscriber-only tools including Storyboard, Top 3 Reasons to Eat Here, Favorite Reviews, and exclusive data & insights. Learn more here.
- TripAdvisor Ads: Drive traffic to your TripAdvisor listing by promoting your restaurant in exclusive sponsored placements to a targeted audience of diners searching for a place to eat in your area. Learn more here.
- 1. TripAdvisor data, July 7 - August 7 2014, tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights/n2507/bookings-and-traveler-engagement-driven-management-actions
- 2. PhoCusWright, “Custom Survey Research Engagement,” prepared for TripAdvisor, December 2013.
- 3. TripBarometer, April 2014, Global Edition: tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights/n2200/tripbarometer-april-2014-global-edition
- 4. comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide,
- 5. TripAdvisor internal data
Displaying Your TripAdvisor Rating and Latest Reviews on Your Site
Studies show that travelers want to see feedback from other travelers before they make booking decisions. That's one reason why businesses around the world choose to enhance their websites with free TripAdvisor widgets.
What is a TripAdvisor widget?
A widget is a small snippet of code provided by TripAdvisor that can be installed within any HTML-based web page. They can bring TripAdvisor content – like recent reviews or your overall rating to your website – and they update automatically. Other widgets encourage travelers to write reviews or link to your listing on TripAdvisor.
There are two categories of widgets available to you for free through TripAdvisor: widgets for businesses and widgets for destinations. To find out what content is free for you, go to your Widget Center.
Widgets for Businesses
- Awards & Praise: Has your business received rave reviews or have you earned a TripAdvisor recognition? These widgets help you spread the news
- Display Reviews: Show off your rating, snippets of recent reviews and more
- Collect Reviews: Drive more reviews with a quick link for visitors to write a review on TripAdvisor, or encourage them to write a review without ever leaving your site
Widgets for Destinations
- Social Media Button: Add this button next to your Facebook & Twitter icons so visitors are just a click away from reading your reviews
- Read Reviews: Put visitors a click away from your destination’s reviews, photos and more
How do I get a widget?
Head to www.tripadvisor.com/Widgets and enter your business or destination name. Your personalized widgets are just a few clicks away!
If your widget isn’t working, check these troubleshooting tips for help:
- Make sure that the code was pasted into the source code of your page, not the displayable version.
- Make sure that the page you are posting it on contains valid HTML code.
- Check all code to make sure tags (<p>, <a>, etc.) are closed.
- Make sure there are no line breaks in the script tag.
- Make sure that the badge includes a <div> tag followed by a <script> tag.
- Make sure the script tag has the “&lang=” parameter, as this can become corrupted and converted to a left angle bracket.
Small social media button. Big traveler impact. Make room Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest: there’s a new social media button in town. And it brings the power of the world’s largest travel site to your property’s website.
Travelers are often encouraged to connect with businesses via social media buttons on websites. But the new TripAdvisor social media button helps travelers do much more than connect. It puts potential guests one click away from reading your hard-won reviews and posting their own. And it brings the powerful brand of the world’s largest travel community right to your website.
The TripAdvisor social media button is free, easy to install and customizable to fit the needs of your business. To get the TripAdvisor social media button:
- Enter your property’s name at www.tripadvisor.com/widgets.
- Select “Social Media Buttons” on your property's widget page.
- Next, customize the button to suit your website by selecting the size, shape, color, language and additional elements (like a “Rate” call to action to encourage reviews, or a Bubble rating to showcase your overall TripAdvisor performance).
- When the preview looks good, copy and paste the code for your button into the HTML code of your website. (TIP: You can also select the “click here to email the code” link to send it to the person who manages your site.
For the best results, be sure to include the TripAdvisor button alongside other social media icons on your website (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). If you need more detailed installation instructions or troubleshooting tips, check out this guide.
Don’t miss a single opportunity to engage with travelers! Add the TripAdvisor social media button to your website’s social media icons today.Last Updated: July 28, 2014
Showcase a five-bubble review – right on your website
Great news! You can now display your most recent five-bubble review title right on your own website. The new Rave Review Widget is available to establishments that have recently received outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor and are in good standing on the site.
How does it work?
Download the widget from the TripAdvisor Widget Center and follow the instructions on the page to add it to your site. Once live, the widget will display a scrolling title of your most recent five-bubble review. The title will automatically update each time you receive a new five-bubble write-up. Travelers will be able to click the widget to see all of your reviews on TripAdvisor.
To show your TripAdvisor ranking, rating or more reviews, consider adding another widget to supplement the Rave Review tool. Other free marketing resources include the popular Review Snippets widget, Recommended On and Bravo! badges and What’s Nearby tools.Last Updated: April 23, 2013
5 Free Tools to Remind Guests to Write Reviews
83% of travelers say TripAdvisor reviews help them feel more confident in their travel decisions1. So how can you collect more reviews? Here are five free tools to help you remind guests to write reviews of your business.
Reminding your guests to write a review is an easy way to build your reputation on TripAdvisor and in turn, get more exposure for your property. Use these free tools – available in the Management Center – to remind guests to write a review while their experience is still fresh in their minds.
1. Custom Reminder Cards
Creating your custom business card-sized reminder cards is easy, follow these simple steps:
- Under the "Marketing Tools" tab in your Management Center select “Promotional Tools”
- Select “Customize Yours” under "Write a Review" Cards
- Once you've chosen the reminder cards that fit your business click "Get Started" to customize the cards. Be sure to add your business name and city to the back side of the cards.
Once you’re pleased with your cards, send them off to print! The first 100 cards are on us; you only pay for shipping (typically $6 - $10).
Tip: Distribute these cards at checkout, the end of a meal, or when the tour comes to an end to remind guests to write a review when they return home.
2. Reminder Flyer
Another great way to ask your guests to write about their experience is to hand out our downloadable flyer. The downloadable flyer can also be found in your Management Center. Under "Marketing Tools" in the top menu, select "Promotional Tools" and click “Download Now” under the "Write a Review" Flyer. The flyer is available in many languages, for your guests visiting from all over the world.
Tip: Hang this flyer in a high traffic area as an effortless reminder to your guests as they pass.
3. Review Express
If you’re looking for another quick way to get more reviews, try Review Express – the review collection tool that allows you to create and send professional-looking emails that encourage guests to write reviews of your business.
Tip: Visit the Review Express Dashboard to monitor the success of your campaigns.
4. Review Starter Widget
Invite visitors to begin reviewing your business right on your website with the Review Starter Widget.
Tip: Be sure to place your widget somewhere on your website where users can easily find it.
5. TripAdvisor App for Facebook
Have your guests already “liked” you on Facebook? Why not encourage them to write a review using the TripAdvisor App for Facebook. This app allows you to share your TripAdvisor ratings and reviews with your Facebook fans.
Tip: The TripAdvisor App is fully customizable, so you choose which elements to display, and which to hide, from your Facebook fans. To modify the elements, just click the Customize link in the top right corner of the app.
To start using these tools today, visit the Management Center.
- 1. PhoCusWright Survey, conducted December 2013, www.tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights/n2121
How to Add a TripAdvisor Widget to Your Restaurant Website Make sure your diners can find you on TripAdvisor with one of our free restaurant widgets you can add to your website.
TripAdvisor Restaurant Widgets to Choose From
With our free widgets, diners around the world are just one click away from your reviews. Widgets are small, customizable pieces of HTML code that allows you to add dynamic content from TripAdvisor directly onto your website. Easily share your latest reviews or awards and encourage diners to leave reviews. Plus, you can customize each widget to best fit your website.
You can choose from a wide variety of messages based on what you'd like to feature:
- The Restaurant Widget: This widget is geared specifically for restaurants. The simple yet powerful badge says, “Find us on TripAdvisor." Customize the color, icon, and language with this widget.
- Review Snippets: Display your most recent review snippets with this widget. You can choose how many reviews you want to show and how large it will be on your website.
- Review Starter: This widget encourages diners coming to your website to leave a review on TripAdvisor.
- Social Media Button: If you feature your other social channels like Facebook or Instagram in your footer, you can easily add a TripAdvisor icon as well with this widget. You can choose from a few different styles depending on whether or not you want to showcase your bubble rating or keep it simple.
- Read Reviews:This widget makes it easy for diners to read your reviews with a click of a button.
- Your Rating:Showcase your TripAdvisor bubble rating and your number of reviews with this widget.
- Bravo! WidgetTell visitors to your website how many diners have rated you as "Excellent" with this widget.
- Rave Reviews This widget creates a scrolling showcase of your most recent "Excellent" review. You can customize the size, readability, and your borders.
- Rated on TripAdvisor:Similar to the Your Rating widget, this widget is slightly larger and reads, "Recommended on TripAdvisor," with a link to your listing.
- Certificate of Excellence: If you receive a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, show it off by adding your award to your website.
How to add your TripAdvisor Restaurant Widget
It’s easy to add your free widget:
- First, log in to the Management Center. If you haven't already claimed your listing, it's free and easy to do so here.
- Choose "Website Widgets" under the "Marketing Tools" tab.
- Browse through the list of widgets to find the one that works best for you.
- Once you've chosen your widget, you can customize it. Each widget has different customizations you can choose from. For the Restaurant Widget, for example, you can customize the color, icon, and language.
- Once you've customized your widget, copy and paste the personalized code from the widget page into your website HTML code.
- If you'd rather email the code to yourself or to the person who manages your website, click the orange "Email code" button at the bottom of the page.
- Once your website is updated, your widget should appear.
Enhancing your website with a TripAdvisor widget takes just a few minutes. Get started now so you can maximize exposure right away.Last Updated: October 13, 2018
Using Widgets to Gain Trust and Customers Simplify the decision-making process for prospective guests with TripAdvisor widgets.
Traveling is wonderful, but planning trips is hard. All the research and decision making that has to be done beforehand (or after arrival, for that matter) is time-consuming at best, tedious at worst.
You can make planning a trip easier for me and thousands of other travelers with TripAdvisor widgets for accommodations, attractions and restaurants.
Widgets allow you to show up-to-the-minute TripAdvisor content on your website or Facebook page. You can display property reviews, awards, and even collect new reviews from visitors on your website.
Below are two of my favorite TripAdvisor widgets. I’ll show how these help me save time and mental energy when planning a trip. And because my professional background is in reader engagement, I’ll also explain how these help your overall marketing strategy.
TripAdvisor Social Media Buttons
It’s a common expectation when visiting any website that somewhere on the page will be a list of icons pointing to the brand’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. accounts.
The TripAdvisor Social Media Buttons is a similar widget that sends readers to the brand’s user-generated reviews.
As a traveler, when I see this button on the website for a hotel, attraction or restaurant it immediately tells me this brand believes its customer experience is stellar enough to invite feedback. If you choose to show your bubble rating on the widget, I might not even click through to read the reviews because you’ve already told me: “this place is good.”
From a marketer’s perspective, this is gold. You’re showing you’re accountable to your guests and you know your reviews will back up your brand’s customer service promises. It also puts your potential customers one click away from the traveler reviews they need to make their booking decision.
TripAdvisor Reviews For Facebook
The TripAdvisor Reviews For Facebook app shows up as a tab on your Facebook profile. Users can click on the tab and see your TripAdvisor bubble rating, as well as a breakdown in individual ratings for location, value, service, etc.
At one billion users, Facebook is the largest social networking site in the world. If I find your brand through a Facebook search, this widget allows me to easily get an overview of your traveler rating, see user-generated photos, and read your most recent reviews.
No need to visit multiple sites to find this information. You’ve brought it to me.
From a social media marketing point of view, you are not only giving your readers easy access to information. You can also use the widget to solicit reviews from an engaged fanbase who already trusts your brand and will likely give you positive ratings.
Posted by: http://fromwayuphigh.com...
Add a TripAdvisor App to your Facebook Business Page
Put your best foot forward on FacebookCreating fresh, relevant content for your followers on social media can be time consuming. Let TripAdvisor help – install the TripAdvisor Traveler Reviews Facebook App. Facebook is the largest social networking site in the world, with over one billion users. It’s the perfect platform to win fans, increase brand awareness, and share the feedback you’ve received on the world’s largest travel site. By installing the TripAdvisor Facebook App, you’re able to leverage existing TripAdvisor content, like traveler reviews, ratings, percent recommended statistics, awards (if applicable), your property’s primary image and a slideshow of your photos. Plus, travelers can now write reviews for your business right from the app in the new “Write a review” tab. The best part is there’s absolutely no HTML or coding ability required – simply follow our easy installation guide to begin sharing valuable guest feedback with future customers!
How do I add the app to my Facebook page?
To get started, go to www.tripadvisor.com/FacebookApp. Search for your property name. When you’ve found it, click the Install button. You will be automatically redirected to Facebook, where you will be prompted to login and then select the appropriate Page from the dropdown menu. The dropdown menu will display any Pages connected to your account.
Make sure that you are logged in as the administrator of your business’s page, and, if you manage multiple Facebook Pages from a single account, make sure that you select the desired Page.
Did you know? Business accounts are designed for people who want to use Facebook to administer Pages and ad campaigns. You must have a Facebook Business Page to install the TripAdvisor app; you cannot install it on a personal Facebook account.
What will my TripAdvisor App display?
Your TripAdvisor App is fully customizable, allowing you to choose which elements to display to your fans on Facebook and which elements to hide.
To modify the elements displayed in your TripAdvisor App, click the Customize link in the top right corner of the app. Then click the corresponding check boxes to select which of the following elements you’d like to display to your fans, and which you’d like to hide:
- Review Snippets
- Primary photo and slideshow
- Travelers’ Choice, Certificate of Excellence and GreenLeader awards (applicable only for winning properties)
You may alter these display selections at any time in order to hide or show particular sections.
That’s it – your TripAdvisor App is immediately visible to the public. You are now successfully sharing all the great things guests have said about you on TripAdvisor.Last Updated: June 23, 2014