Interested in Tenerife?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Tenerife each week.
Topics include Dining Scene, Spain: For Foreign Visitors & more!
There is plenty to do aside from lying by the pool and basking in the sunshine on the beach. For up-to-the-minute ideas, visit the TripAdvisor Tenerife forums. Click here for a list of things to do postings.
1. For those of you who like the water there is a big waterpark in Tenerife that is worth the visit. Ask any tour rep, reception, taxi and they will point you in the right direction. It is about 5mins away from Las Americas. It also has a great dolphin arena that has dolphin shows on twice daily.
2. There are markets on every Sunday down at the promenade in Los Cristianos. They sell everything from fake bags, perfume, jewelery and anything else that the tourist will buy and bring home as presents. They have markets every Thursday and Saturday in Torviscas which are the same as Los Cristianos so If you miss the Sunday market you can go there. The markets on a Sunday start at about 9-10am and finish up at about 2pm.
3. The shopping mecca of Tenerife is in Santa Cruz. This is up the north of the island and features all the best Spanish shops. It's worth the day trip up there. Aside from the shops it is a very pretty port town. It would be worth renting a car or getting the bus up there. The latter the more preferable as Spanish drivers can sometimes be a bit more irate and drive at very fast speeds! Santa Cruz is about an hour and 10 minutes from Los Cristianos.
4. There is an Ecological Park in Tenerife. It is close to both Los Cristianos and Las Americas and is definitely worth the visit. They have a few shows on during the day, one of which is an eagle show when they fly over your head in an open air arena and they feed from your hands. There is a lot of animals that are well looked after and they are in nice surroundings. The park also has another show featuring parrots performing tricks, A walk through bird enclosure where you can feed them, toboggan rides, and loads more to see and do. Its inexpensive to get in and there are frequent buses that bring you to the door. Once again any reception, taxi, tourist office will know about it.
5. Take a boat trip whale and dolphin watching. Go from Puerto Colon with Catamaran Eden and you will see loads of dolphins and pilot whales. There even is a show of dolphin doing a Flipper impression! The trip is 3 hours and drinks and a sandwich and commentary are included.
These are some of the things that shouldn't be missed!