Interested in Granada?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Granada each week.
Topics include Transportation, Spain: For Foreign Visitors & more!
The Ticketmaster website enables visitors to purchase timed admission tickets. These are scheduled in 30-minute increments. Visitors can enter at any time during their 30-minute window and stay until the end of their (morning or afternoon) session. The instructions below deal specifically with Daytime Tickets. Please note that Evening Visits offer limited access to Alhambra sights as well as a shorter visiting time. Ticketmaster works with Internet Explorer and may not work with other browsers.
1. Go to : Ticket Master website
2. Click on " Buy ticket - General Daytime Visit".
3. Select Day of Visit: Choose a date on the calendar up to 90 days in advance. Click on "Buy tickets".
4. Ticket Selection: Choose the total number of tickets for your group. Click on "Continue".
5. Time of Visit: Choose a time band of either 8:30h-1400h for the morning or 1400h-1800h for the afternoon. If you choose an afternoon entry, you can only enter the gated areas after 1400H.
From March to October, the visiting times are between 8:30 and 20:00H. From November to February, the visiting times are between 8:30 and 18:00H.
6. Choose a Time Band: The time bands are divided in 30 minute increments. This is for entry to the Nasrid Palace.
7. See the special offers and compare prices. Standard - 15,40€
Important: If buying a discounted ticket you will need to go through the main entry ticket office in order for the ticket to be verified against proof of age for and nationality (passport) and then a new ticket replacement issued otherwise the gated admission inspectors will not allow entry. This main entry ticket office opens at 8 am. This is quite inconvenient because the queue may be very long. For tickets without discounts, one can get the tickets ahead of time at the machine at La Tienda de la Alhambra, located in the center of Granada, at Calle Reyes Católicos, 40. There are ticket machines there.
8. Payment Details: On the right side of the screen, the information box summarizes the ticket order. Check that the date, time and quantity are all correct.
The Entry Time is for the Nasrid Palace (not the Alhambra main entrance - see 14 below). If this is incorrect, go back and start the order over.
9. Complete the Contact Details and enter the credit card information, including the number of your mobile telephone. If you do not have a mobile phone, write any 9 digit number. If you get an error message you will not be alone. Its not a good website. If you look for a phone number or email address to complain and dont find one-once again you are not alone.
10. Uncheck the box for joining Club ServiCaixa. This is not necessary. DO CLICK on the box to ' Accept General Conditions' of purchase.
11. Go to the Purchase page and complete your purchase. You will receive an email confirmation (look in your junk mailbox). Be sure to print out the final ticket purchase information, which will display your entry time to the Nasrid Palace. Ticketmaster advises that tickets should be picked up at least one hour before entrance to the Nasrid Palace.
12. When you arrive at the main gate of the Alhambra, go to the building on your right with the shop, and go to the room beyond the shop which contains 8 Ticketmaster/ServiCaixa machines (there are NO signs for this Ticketmaster room!). There are 4 machines labelled Visita General Diurna / general daytime visit, one machine for the Visita Diurna (gardens, Generalife & Alcazaba) and one for the night time visit, plus two other machines for the Alhambra Other look and the Doble de Ora.
INSERT THE SAME CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE ONLINE and the machine will print out your tickets.
These machines will sell tickets for the actual day and have a quota of tickets open for purchase from time the main ticket office opens which is at 8am. So if visiting with no previous booking and seeing a queue at the main ticket windows you can try your luck at these machines. Obviously if there are few people queuing at the windows then best to wait in line and buy from the staff then you can choose a time for Nasrid.
13. Remember that you can see the Generalife Gardens before the Nasrid Palace. This will allow you to manage your time so that you are at the door of the Nasrid Palace at your appointed time.
14. There is a 20 minute walk from the Alhambra main entrance to the Nasrid Palace.
15. USE A CREDIT CARD THAT EXPIRES AFTER THE DATE OF YOUR VISIT TO THE ALHAMBRA. If your credit card expires before you arrive in Spain and you receive a new card from your bank, you will NOT be able to use the new card to retrieve your tickets. In this event, make sure to bring the expired card and email confirmation with you to Spain. Present these to Ticket Office at the Alhambra. They may be able to assist.
16. Be careful when you make your purchase. You cannot cancel a purchase. Refunds are not possible. This is clearly stated on the Ticketmaster website.
17. The Ticketmaster website allows purchases up to 90 days in advance. It is important to buy one’s ticket as far in advance as possible. The Alhambra is the most visited monument in Spain. It receives 3 million visitors annually and is crowded all year long, not just in the summer months. There are only 6600 timed tickets available each day.
18. If the transaction is successful, you will receive a pdf file of a transaction ticket, which you can print out. It will have the date and time of entry, your credit card information, and an ID and reference number. The transaction will be charged to your credit card immediately. If your credit card company has no record of the charge on the day of the transaction, it means the transaction was not processed.
19. The Ticketmaster website is optimized for computers running Windows. Using another operating system may create problems. Apple computers sometimes work.
20. Those unable to get tickets to the Nasrid Palace can try to buy tickets for the Generalife Gardens (7 euros).
21. If you have a problem getting tickets using the internet, you can call the phone numbers below. Give your name and credit card details.
International +34 958 92 60 31
Calling within Spain 902 888 001
22. After you have purchased tickets and before you arrive in Spain, if your credit card company issues you a new credit card, make sure to bring the old credit card with you to the Alhambra. The old card contains the record of the ticket purchase and will be required to issue the tickets.
23. If you have a problem completing your transaction, try the computer at work or try the computer of a friend. Your PC may have software that prevents the completion of the transaction. Also try different credit cards
24. The Alhambra Museum and the Museum of Fine Arts are closed on Mondays. When the museums are open, one can enter them for free, without having to buy a ticket to the Alhambra. From the ticket office, walk down the hill and follow the path close to the wall of the Alhambra. Enter through the Puerta de la Justicia (Justice Gate). You can also see the stores near the Palace of Carlos V for free.
The Morning session is between 0830hrs and 1400hrs. Your ticket will display the exact time of your entrance to the Nasrid Palace as chosen at the time of booking. If your ticket for the Nasrid Palace is for the morning session before 1230 hrs, you can no longer go to another ticketed area after 2pm which is the time the Afternoon session begins. Ticketed areas are the Nasrid Palace plus Partal Gardens, the Alcazaba, and the Generalife Palaces. The museums in the Carlos V Palace are not ticketed areas. This concession of allowing visitors entry to other ticketed areas after 2pm is not advertised and it seems that the 1230 hrs Nasrid entry time (and later) during the Morning session may be brought forward to 1130 hrs during the winter months (October 15th to March 14th) But to be on the safe side if you cannot visit the Alhambra until late morning then choose 1230 hrs or after during the Morning session and you may then have time to conclude your visit in the afternoon.
If your ticket is for the afternoon session, you cannot enter the Alhambra grounds before 1400 hrs from the gate beside the ticket office. If you are early for the afternoon session, you can go down the hill (or walk up the hill from Plaza Nueva if normal full price tickets already obtained) and look for the Puerta de la Justicia (Justice Gate), where you can enter the Alhambra grounds. You can enter the Carlos V Palace, where there are two museums, the Fine Arts Museum and the Alhambra Museum, both of which are free.
26. You can see the Nasrid Palace and the Generalife Gardens only once, since they want your ticket when you enter each of these places.
27. Transportation to the Alhambra - One can take either Micro Alhambra Bus 30 or Bus 34 from Gran Via near Cathedral, or C3 from the Plaza de Isabel la Catolica to the Alhambra. One can also take a taxi. City bus lines shown on here : Granada buses
28. Where to pick up your ticket downtown: Corral del Carbon Ticketmaster machine located at Calle Mariana Pineda, 8.
29. The reason to pick up your ticket downtown is that you do not need to go all the way to the top entrance of the Alhambra to get in. You can enter at the Justice Gate and be very close to the Palace- This is an essential tip.
30. Most hotels will be able to buy Alhambra tickets for you if you are staying at the hotel. Apparently many tickets are reserved for hotels for availability to their clients so worth checking.
31. This is the official website of the Alhambra.
One can read articles in it. Read the article “How to visit the Alhambra”. This has a map of the Alhambra and shows where to park.
32. For discounted tickets: For any discounted ticket, one has to go to the ticket office at the Alhambra gate itself to pick up the ticket, after showing an id like a passport that justifies the discount.
33. Those who have not been able to buy tickets to the Alhambra because they were sold out can buy a Bono Turístico Granada Card. It allows entry to the Alhambra. The 3 day adult ticket costs 33.50 euros (as of May, 2013).
This website shows how one can buy the Bono card online or at different sites in Granada.
34. Another alternative to buying regular entry tickets online is the 2015 instigated initiative called " DOBLA DE ORO" which is also shown on the Ticketmaster purchase page. This is more expensive but if one did not succeed with the normal purchase because that allocation is sold out then this Dobla de Oro could be used. You have a selection time to enter the Nasrid Palace just as the normal ticket so can plan your Alhambra Visit. It encourages visitors to Granada to visit some other monuments. There is more information in Spanish on this PDF leaflet.
If you think that the process of buying a ticket is too complicated with can book a guided tour. All you have to do is book the ticket and arrive at the meeting point at the correct time. A reputable company is Skip the line. Click this link to buy tickets.
Book a guided tour
Note: This article has a copy right owned by Trip Advisor. This article should not be copied by other websites without permission from Trip Advisor.