We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Lively, quality Bistro in Grasmere - the best quality food in town, and value too....
- Location: 2 doors up from Co-op, beside the Pharmacy
- Food: modern British aka Mediterranean + others....
- Service: impeccable. Husband and wife team, with excellent other staff. Child friendly and relaxed.
- Food: They obviously source high quality ingredients, cooked fresh to order and delicious. The goat's cheese tart is so light and hot, it was almost like a souffle. It is simply delicious, honest food - prepared to a very high standard. Not as 'fussy' as a Michelin star restaurant, but bigger portions that suit after a day in the hills and just exceptional, honest, tasty food.
- Wine: simple wine list, but excellent and fairly priced. They could add some dessert wine !
- Booking: walked in on a Weds night at 8-30pm, but you might need to book earlier and certainly need to book for anytime Fri / Sat nights. Tel. 015394 35266
Sara's Bistro concentrates on the important bit - the food.