Interested in La Romana?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for La Romana each week.
Topics include Dining Scene, Dominican Republic: For Foreign Visitors & more!
Online, these places will give some practical information about the country:
. It has complete and updated tourist information about Republica Dominicana.
Offline, these books will get you into the spirit and culture of the people of Republica Dominicana. You can find them in Amazon.com.
- Poesia Afroantillana y Negrista: Puerto Rico, Republica Dominicana, Cuba, by Jorge Luis Morales.
- Manifiestos Literarios de la Republica Dominicana.
- Literatura del Caribe: Antologia Siglos XIX y XX: Puerto Rico, Cuba y Republica Dominicana.
There is an extensive collection of critical books in English that study the Literature of the Caribbean as a regional phenomenon. You can check:
- Gilkes, Michael. The West Indian novel. Boston : Twayne, 1981
- Joseph, Margaret.Caliban in Exile: the Outsider in Caribbean Fiction. 1992. [considers the novels of Lamming, Selvon and Rhys].
- James, Louis, editor. The islands in between: essays on West Indian literature. London: Ibadan [etc.] Oxford U.P., 1968.
- Joseph, Margaret. Caliban in Exile: the Outsider in Caribbean Fiction. Greenwood.
- Lamming, George. The pleasures of exile . London: Allison & Busby, 1984. (by the author of In the Castle of My Skin)
- Patteson, Richard F. Caribbean passages : a critical perspective on new fiction from the West Indies. Boulder, Colo. : Lynne Rienner Publishers, 1998.