We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Top 15 things you'll be happy you had on your Grand Canyon Rafting Trip!!!
1. Sarong - These are great for dipping in river water to cool you down, protecting your legs from the sun on the boat, using as a blanket on hot rocks or sandy beaches, as a seat cushion, for privacy when changing, or using as a towel!!
2. Bandanas - Again, great for dipping in river water to cool down, keeps the sun off your head or neck
3. FlipFlops, waterproof - River trips are hard on your feet and river sandals often get full of sand and begin to rub. It's great to have some flipflops available for camp wear.
4. Whisk Broom - Sand will get everywhere and into everything!! This is great to have for brushing out your tent, cleaning your feet, gear, etc.
5. Waterproof Camera/Case - There are many times when you will want a waterproof camera. If you don't have one invest in a good waterproof case. Your camera will get wet!!!
6. Leave-in Conditioner - There are almost no fully biodegradable conditioners. Take a leave-in spray. You will want it!!
7. Full Set of Rain Gear - Even if you are going in the middle of the summer, conditions are extreme in the Canyon and can change dramatically.
8. Full Set of Thermals - Again, no one wants hypothermia!!
9. Set of small drybag - When travelling for 8+ days in one bag finding stuff when you want it can be REALLY frustrating! Usinga set of small bags inside your drybag is extremely helpful!
10. Pillowcase - Sleeping on your lifejacket is OK, but having a pillowcase stuffed with clothes is a great space-saving way to make a comfy sleeping pillow!
11. Extra batteries/memory cards - No plugs down there so invest in a second battery for any electronic device (camera, video camera) you plan to bring. Charge and test these before you leave!
12. Notebook/Pens - You will want to keep notes of your trip and also your new friends names and addresses so include a small notebook and pen!
13. Sheet music - It's amazing how important music becomes when you suddenly don't have it! Having music to sing together can be a great way to have fun and bond with your boatmates.
14. Comfy clothes - cotton pjs, underwear, light cotton pants, etc. all are a welcome relief after a day in wet clothes.
15. Sturdy Gloves - for hiking. The rocks can be very hot and very pointy.