What is Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best?
This award is our highest recognition and is presented annually to those businesses that are the Best of the Best on Tripadvisor, those that earn excellent reviews from travelers and are ranked in the top 1% of properties worldwide.Learn more
Gatlinburg TourismGatlinburg HotelsGatlinburg Bed and BreakfastGatlinburg Vacation RentalsGatlinburg Vacation PackagesFlights to GatlinburgGatlinburg RestaurantsThings to Do in GatlinburgGatlinburg Travel ForumGatlinburg PhotosGatlinburg MapGatlinburg Travel GuideHotels
All Gatlinburg HotelsGatlinburg Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in GatlinburgBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsTravel StoriesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor PlusMore
Gatlinburg MotelsGatlinburg CampgroundsGatlinburg Luxury HotelsRomantic Hotels in GatlinburgGatlinburg ResortsGatlinburg Spa ResortsGatlinburg Business HotelsGatlinburg Green HotelsGatlinburg Family HotelsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Westgate Resorts in GatlinburgHampton by Hilton Hotels in GatlinburgMarriott Hotels in GatlinburgHilton Hotels in GatlinburgChoice Hotels in GatlinburgInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in GatlinburgEconoLodge Hotels in GatlinburgWyndham Hotels in GatlinburgQuality Inns in GatlinburgPopular AmenitiesPopular Gatlinburg Categories
Gatlinburg Cheap HotelsGatlinburg Hotels with Hot TubsDowntown Gatlinburg MotelsGatlinburg Hotels with BalconiesCouples Hotels in GatlinburgGatlinburg City Center HotelsGatlinburg Hotels with BarsHotels with Free Wifi in GatlinburgGatlinburg Hotels With Indoor PoolsQuiet Resorts in GatlinburgNear Landmarks
Hotels near Ripley's Aquarium of the SmokiesHotels near Ober Gatlinburg Amusement Park & Ski AreaHotels near Gatlinburg SkyLift ParkHotels near AnakeestaHotels near Great Smoky Mountains National ParkHotels near Gatlinburg TrolleyHotels near Great Smoky Arts and Crafts CommunityHotels near Hollywood Star Cars MuseumHotels near Gatlinburg Scenic OverlookHotels near Gatlinburg Space NeedleNear Airports
Gatlinburg Tourism: Best of Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg, at the heart of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, is an ideal base for a family looking to explore the park's numerous offerings. After you've gone hiking, fishing, rafting or horseback riding, ride an elevator 342 feet to the top of the Gatlinburg Space Needle for stunning views of the Smokies. There's also an amusement center next door with nifty rides and games.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Gatlinburg.See all
A mix of the charming, lavish, and modern.See all
Quintessential Gatlinburg restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
Get Your Moonshine on in Gatlinburg
While moonshine has always been a part of the Smoky Mountains' history, the last decade has seen millions of visitors travelling to this Tennessee city for its sweet, sweet shine! Here's where you should go to taste some good ol' Tennessee white lightnin'!
Lin W, Singapore, Singapore
- Sugarlands Distilling Company30,050In its endearing barn-house location, Sugarlands Distilling Co. creates some of the finest award-winning spirits in the region. Try their signature Sugarlands Shine or join their behind-the-scenes tour to learn more about moonshine production.
- Old Forge Distillery1,362Inspired by The Old Mill Kitchens in the vicinity, Old Forge Distillery specializes in small-batch spirits with rich flavors like chocolate, french toast and coffee. Enjoy a liquid breakfast before getting one of their one-of-a-kind moonshine jugs as a souvenir!
- Tennessee Shine Company - Gatlinburg2,065With over 100 years of history, Doc Collier Moonshine Distillery brings you back to the origins of moonshine in the Smokies. Staying true to the original recipe, their moonshines are made using the freshest English Mountain spring water - just like how Doc Collier made it back in the day!
- Tennessee Shine Company - Pigeon Forge632A family business with a signature Smoky Mountain recipe which has been passed down for generations, Tennessee Shine doles out free tastings of their small-batch moonshine and whiskey, which goes down even better in their warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Smith & Son Corner Kitchen244With an All-American menu, Smith & Sons serves up crowd-pleasing dishes that you can pair with cheeky cocktails like Hillbilly Hurricane, Moonshine Mule and White Trash, which use Ole Smoky Moonshine spirits. Southern hospitality at its best!
- Junction 35 Spirits878Other than their Junction 35 Moonshine, this distillery and bar carries a range of in-house spirits like vodka, rum and gin. Enjoy some handcrafted cocktails as their kitchen serves up slow cooked BBQ and burgers!
- Yee-Haw Brewing Co.151While Yee-haw Brewery is a beer brewery first and foremost, their Pigeon Forge outlet also offers moonshine tasting starting at only $10. Enjoy a flight of eight tasters, which includes flavors like the yummy Pumpkin Pie!
- Ole Smoky13,867A pioneer and leader in the legal moonshine production, Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine is a must-visit for the uninitiated. Try the test tasting experience to sample their signature spirits like Sour Watermelon, Butter Pecan and Salted Caramel!
- Smith Creek Moonshine423A moonshine distillery and tasting bar, Smith Creek Moonshine gives out free tasting of their 12 handcrafted moonshine flavors like Sweet Tea, Apple Pie and Butter Cake. Don't leave without some jars of your favorite flavors!
Trending in the forums
- By Cherisse A16 replies
- By Hayley M6 replies