Explore San Diego
What is Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best?
This award is our highest recognition and is presented annually to those businesses that are the Best of the Best on Tripadvisor, those that earn excellent reviews from travelers and are ranked in the top 1% of properties worldwide.Learn more
San Diego TourismSan Diego HotelsSan Diego Bed and BreakfastSan Diego Vacation RentalsFlights to San DiegoSan Diego RestaurantsThings to Do in San DiegoSan Diego Travel ForumSan Diego PhotosSan Diego MapSan Diego Travel GuideHotels
All San Diego HotelsSan Diego Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in San DiegoBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsTravel StoriesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor PlusMore
San Diego MotelsSan Diego HostelsSan Diego CampgroundsSan Diego CasinosSan Diego Family HotelsSan Diego Green HotelsSan Diego Business HotelsSan Diego Beach HotelsSan Diego Luxury HotelsSan Diego ResortsSan Diego Spa ResortsRomantic Hotels in San DiegoBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Comfort Inns in San DiegoRadisson Hotels in San DiegoWyndham Hotels in San DiegoHoliday Inns in San DiegoSuper 8 Hotels in San DiegoCourtyard Hotels in San DiegoHyatt Hotels in San DiegoSpringhill Suites in San DiegoSheraton Hotels in San DiegoHoward Johnson Hotels in San DiegoHilton Garden Inns in San DiegoResidence Inns in San DiegoHomewood Suites by Hilton in San DiegoTowneplace Suites in San DiegoEmbassy Suites by Hilton in San DiegoPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighborhoods
Marina HotelsMission Bay Park HotelsEast Village HotelsDowntown HotelsMission Valley / Hotel Circle HotelsOcean Beach HotelsOld Town HotelsMission Beach HotelsHotels near Del CerroHotels near BirdlandPopular San Diego Categories
Boutique Hotels in San DiegoSan Diego Hotels with Hot TubsSan Diego Hotels with KitchenetteHotels with Shuttle in San DiegoSan Diego Luxury Spa ResortsHotels with Weekly Rates in San DiegoHotels with Military Discounts in San DiegoSan Diego Cruise Port HotelsBoardwalk Hotels in San DiegoQuiet Hotels in San DiegoNear Landmarks
Hotels near San Diego ZooHotels near USS Midway MuseumHotels near La Jolla CoveHotels near Balboa ParkHotels near SeaWorldHotels near Coronado BridgeHotels near Old Town San Diego State Historic ParkHotels near Cabrillo National MonumentHotels near Seaport VillageHotels near Petco ParkNear Train StationsNear Airports
Hotels near San Diego Intl Airport (SAN)Hotels near Rodriguez Airport (TIJ)Hotels near Carlsbad Airport (CLD)Motels near Rodriguez Airport (TIJ)Motels near Carlsbad Airport (CLD)Motels near San Diego Intl Airport (SAN)Near Colleges
Hotels near San Diego City CollegeHotels near Paul Mitchell - San Diego, CAHotels near Associated Technical CollegeHotels near NewSchool of Architecture and DesignHotels near California Western School of LawHotels near The Art Institute of California - San DiegoHotels near Argosy University San DiegoHotels near Mueller CollegeHotels near University of San DiegoHotels near San Diego Community College DistrictPopular Hotel Categories
San Diego Tourism: Best of San Diego
The ultimate in laid-back California style
Of all the major Cali cities, San Diego best embodies laid-back California. Its surf culture, beckoning beaches, and postcard-perfect weather are enchanting. But don’t be fooled: San Diego is a major metropolis in its own right. Its serious food scene prides itself on a blend of Michelin nods and cheap eats—no trip is complete without a fresh fish taco in La Jolla. And it’s pure paradise for families, outdoor enthusiasts, and party people who love to bar-hop the thumping Gaslamp Quarter.
Essential San Diego
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define San Diego.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential San Diego bistros, bars, and beyond.See all
Discover San Diego
- Whale watching in San Diego is a really big deal. With whales swimming its waters year-round, including gray whales during the winter and blue whales during the summer, there’s always something to see. Plus, you can take a tour with an on-board expert from the Natural History Museum. Get your camera ready for this episode of San Diego’s “One Bright Idea” series.
- There’s nothing more San Diego than cruising the beach boardwalk—by foot, skateboard, bike, roller skates, you name it. Join the crowd and coast along, stopping for a snow cone, a roller coaster, a photo op or anything else you might find. Ride your way in this episode of San Diego’s “One Bright Idea” series.
- Whether you’re an expert yogi or have no idea what One-Legged King Pigeon Pose is, San Diego is the best place to roll out your mat. Why? Because you can bust out your Warrior series outside: in the sun and by the sea. What’s more blissed out than that? Come for the yoga class and stay for the epic views in this episode of San Diego’s “One Bright Idea” series.
Trending in the forums
- By Skyler White15 replies
- By iheartgiraffes877 replies
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in San Diego
San Diego Is Great For
Pacific thrills...and chill
A tasty taco tour
The ultimate family vacay
Frequently Asked Questions about San Diego
- We recommend staying at one of the most popular hotels in San Diego, which include:
- Some of the most popular restaurants in San Diego include:
- San Diego is known for some of its popular attractions, which include:
- We recommend checking out these popular tours when looking for something to do in San Diego:
- If you're a more budget-conscious traveler, then you may want to consider traveling to San Diego between September and November, when hotel prices are generally the lowest. Peak hotel prices generally start between June and August.