Explore San Diego
San Diego TourismSan Diego HotelsSan Diego Bed and BreakfastSan Diego Vacation RentalsSan Diego Vacation PackagesFlights to San DiegoSan Diego RestaurantsThings to Do in San DiegoSan Diego ShoppingSan Diego Travel ForumSan Diego PhotosSan Diego MapSan Diego Travel GuideHotels
All San Diego HotelsSan Diego Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in San DiegoBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
San Diego MotelsSan Diego HostelsSan Diego CampgroundsSan Diego Spa ResortsRomantic Hotels in San DiegoSan Diego ResortsSan Diego Family HotelsSan Diego Business HotelsSan Diego Beach HotelsSan Diego Luxury HotelsSan Diego CasinosSan Diego Green HotelsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Quality Inns in San DiegoHomewood Suites in San DiegoChoice Hotels in San DiegoHoliday Inns Express in San DiegoHoliday Inns in San DiegoCourtyard Hotels in San DiegoRadisson Hotels in San DiegoClub Wyndham Hotels in San DiegoHyatt Hotels in San DiegoHilton Hotels in San DiegoMarriott Hotels in San DiegoBest Western Hotels in San DiegoWyndham Hotels in San DiegoInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in San DiegoPreferred Hotels & Resorts in San DiegoPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighborhoods
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle HotelsPoint Loma HotelsMission Beach HotelsDowntown HotelsEast Village HotelsMarina HotelsOcean Beach HotelsGaslamp HotelsHotels near City HeightsHotels near Clairemont Mesa WestPopular San Diego Categories
Boutique Hotels in San DiegoSan Diego Hotels with Hot TubsSan Diego Hotels with KitchenetteHotels with Shuttle in San DiegoSan Diego Luxury Spa ResortsHotels with Weekly Rates in San DiegoHotels with Military Discounts in San DiegoSpring Break Hotels in San DiegoWedding Resorts in San DiegoSan Diego Beach MotelsNear Landmarks
Hotels near San Diego ZooHotels near USS Midway MuseumHotels near La Jolla CoveHotels near Balboa ParkHotels near SeaWorldHotels near Coronado BridgeHotels near Old Town San Diego State Historic ParkHotels near Cabrillo National MonumentHotels near Seaport VillageHotels near Petco ParkNear Train StationsNear Airports
Hotels near San Diego Intl Airport (SAN)Hotels near Rodriguez Airport (TIJ)Hotels near Carlsbad Airport (CLD)Motels near Rodriguez Airport (TIJ)Motels near Carlsbad Airport (CLD)Motels near San Diego Intl Airport (SAN)Near Colleges
Hotels near NewSchool of Architecture and DesignHotels near Associated Technical CollegeHotels near Thomas Jefferson School of LawHotels near FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & MerchandisingHotels near San Diego Continuing EducationHotels near San Diego City CollegeHotels near The Art Institute of California - San DiegoHotels near Argosy University San DiegoHotels near Paul Mitchell - San Diego, CAHotels near California Western School of Law
All things to do in San DiegoAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingVacation PackagesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor Plus
USS Midway Museum: Tickets & ToursSan Diego Zoo: Tickets & ToursBalboa Park: Tickets & ToursSunset Cliffs Natural Park: Tickets & ToursPetco Park: Tickets & ToursSan Diego Factory Outlet Center: Tickets & ToursCabrillo National Monument: Tickets & ToursCoronado Bridge: Tickets & ToursPoint Loma: Tickets & ToursLittle Italy: Tickets & ToursOld Town San Diego: Tickets & ToursMission Beach: Tickets & ToursMaritime Museum of San Diego: Tickets & ToursPacific Beach: Tickets & ToursOld Town San Diego State Historic Park: Tickets & Tours
San Diego Tourism: Best of San Diego
The ultimate in laid-back California style
Of all the major Cali cities, San Diego best embodies laid-back California. Its surf culture, beckoning beaches, and postcard-perfect weather are enchanting. But don’t be fooled: San Diego is a major metropolis in its own right. Its serious food scene prides itself on a blend of Michelin nods and cheap eats—no trip is complete without a fresh fish taco in La Jolla. And it’s pure paradise for families, outdoor enthusiasts, and party people who love to bar-hop the thumping Gaslamp Quarter.
Start planning for San Diego
Create a Trip to save and organize all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Essential San Diego
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define San Diego.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential San Diego bistros, bars, and beyond.See all
Discover San Diego
- Whale watching in San Diego is a really big deal. With whales swimming its waters year-round, including gray whales during the winter and blue whales during the summer, there’s always something to see. Plus, you can take a tour with an on-board expert from the Natural History Museum. Get your camera ready for this episode of San Diego’s “One Bright Idea” series.
- Hot Neighborhoods: Little ItalyMaking a strong case for being San Diego hottest foodie neighborhood, Little Italy is home to a number of celebrity chefs, including Brian Malarkey and Richard Blais, as well as rising stars equally deserving of recognition for both classic and inventive dishes. Once home to legions of Italian tuna fishermen, this historical neighborhood walks the line perfectly between honoring its history and basking in change. If you’re looking for handmade pasta or other delicacies of authentic Italian heritage, look no further. But if you’re looking for creative suds from a Danish brewer, ultra-hip coffee shops, fashion boutiques, and ice cream that’s developed a cult following, well, you’ve also come to the right place.8 items
- There’s nothing more San Diego than cruising the beach boardwalk—by foot, skateboard, bike, roller skates, you name it. Join the crowd and coast along, stopping for a snow cone, a roller coaster, a photo op or anything else you might find. Ride your way in this episode of San Diego’s “One Bright Idea” series.
- A day in University Town Center, San DiegoSan Diego's ideal weather, outdoor lifestyle and laid-back vibes have shaped the culture of the region, inspiring activities and enclaves suited to fit the needs of its vibrant communities. An example can be found in the neighborhood of UTC – an area just east of La Jolla. Rich with options to get outside, a thriving art culture, popular eateries and ample shopping opportunities, UTC is a burgeoning neighborhood and San Diego hotspot.6 items
- Whether you’re an expert yogi or have no idea what One-Legged King Pigeon Pose is, San Diego is the best place to roll out your mat. Why? Because you can bust out your Warrior series outside: in the sun and by the sea. What’s more blissed out than that? Come for the yoga class and stay for the epic views in this episode of San Diego’s “One Bright Idea” series.
- A Creative Culinary Epicenter in San DiegoChefs are drawn to San Diego for more than its perfect weather and unbeatable beaches–its innovative atmosphere has turned it into a hotbed for culinary creativity where chefs are encouraged to experiment. Today, local chefs are elevating their dishes to include both local ingredients and influences and the far-off flavors of their cultures and upbringing. With a year-round growing season and a thriving local fishing fleet, eating in San Diego was craft before craft was cool.6 items
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape