What is Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best?
This award is our highest recognition and is presented annually to those businesses that are the Best of the Best on Tripadvisor, those that earn excellent reviews from travelers and are ranked in the top 1% of properties worldwide.Learn more
Boston TourismBoston HotelsBoston Bed and BreakfastBoston Vacation RentalsFlights to BostonBoston RestaurantsThings to Do in BostonBoston Travel ForumBoston PhotosBoston MapBoston Travel GuideHotels
All Boston HotelsBoston Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in BostonBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsTravel StoriesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor PlusMore
Boston HostelsBoston Business HotelsBoston Beach HotelsBoston Family HotelsBoston ResortsBoston Green HotelsBoston Luxury HotelsRomantic Hotels in BostonBoston Spa ResortsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Westin Hotels in BostonWyndham Hotels in BostonHilton Hotels in BostonHyatt Regency Hotels in BostonResidence Inns in BostonAccor Hotels in BostonHyatt Hotels in BostonInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in BostonChoice Hotels in BostonCourtyard Hotels in BostonMarriott Hotels in BostonAC Hotels in BostonHampton by Hilton Hotels in BostonOmni Hotels in BostonSonder Hotels in BostonPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighborhoods
Roxbury HotelsLongwood HotelsFenway / Kenmore HotelsKenmore HotelsNeponset - Port Norfolk HotelsSeaport District / South Boston Waterfront HotelsNorth End HotelsDorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan HotelsHotels near Southern MattapanHotels near Wellington HillPopular Boston Categories
Boutique Hotels in BostonBudget Hotels in BostonBoston Marathon HotelsHotels with Shuttle in BostonSuite Hotels in BostonBoston Hotels with Hot TubsBoston Cruise Port HotelsFamily Resorts in BostonRomantic Resorts in BostonQuiet Resorts in BostonNear Landmarks
Hotels near Freedom TrailHotels near Fenway ParkHotels near Boston Public GardenHotels near Museum of Fine ArtsHotels near Faneuil Hall MarketplaceHotels near North EndHotels near Boston Tea Party Ships & MuseumHotels near Boston CommonHotels near New England AquariumHotels near Boston Public LibraryNear Train Stations
Hotels near Downtown CrossingHotels near StateHotels near South StationHotels near CourthouseHotels near Park StHotels near ChinatownHotels near BoylstonHotels near ArlingtonHotels near Tufts Medical CenterHotels near CopleyNear Airports
Hotels near Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)Hotels near Worcester Airport (ORH)Hotels near Manchester Municipal Airport (MHT)Motels near Worcester Airport (ORH)Motels near Manchester Municipal Airport (MHT)Motels near Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)Near Colleges
Hotels near New England College of Business and FinanceHotels near Suffolk UniversityHotels near Empire Beauty SchoolHotels near Urban College of BostonHotels near Fisher CollegeHotels near New England School of LawHotels near New England School of Art and DesignHotels near University of Massachusetts BostonHotels near Laboure CollegeHotels near University of Phoenix - Boston CampusPopular Hotel Categories
Boston Tourism: Best of Boston
In Boston, you can bump into American history any time you step out the door. Walk the city’s brick-lined Freedom Trail to see historic sites that teleport you back to the Revolutionary War. But Boston is hardly frozen in the past. Every neighborhood has its own vibrant, thriving scene. Spend an afternoon in the North End, taste-testing cannoli from Italian-American bakeries. Or people-watch from a bench in Boston Common, which locals treat as an extension of their living room. It’s worth taking the T out to neighboring Cambridge or Sommerville, especially during charming local festivals like What the Fluff, a festival dedicated to—what else?—marshmallow fluff. Another outing that’s a real classic—Fenway Park. Watching a Red Sox game from the bleachers is a Boston rite of passage.
Plan your trip
Powered by AI
Get a personalized itinerary, guided by traveler tips and reviews.
By city/town only, not region (i.e New York, NY, not Hudson Valley, NY).
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Boston.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Boston restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
Boston With the Whole Fam
For a big city, Boston has major kid-appeal. First there's the magic of Fenway, then there's the "oversized playground" vibe of Boston Common. And don't even get me started on the city's famed cannoli. Here's a roundup of sights and attractions that appeal to kids of all ages.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- New England Aquarium5,820Penguins! Seals! Balloonfish! This aquarium has it all. You could easily spend a full day here, just bobbing around among the tanks and pools spotting your favorite critters.
- Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum6,758Sneak in another teachable moment by taking the kids to see this vessel and museum. Kids will appreciate touring an 18th-century ship (shiver-me-timbers!) and adults can dive into the Revolutionary history documented here—or take a breather in the tea room.
- The Mapparium930What kid doesn't want to step into a giant globe and go exploring? The Mapparium offers exactly that.
- Boston Children's Museum996No family trip would be complete without hitting the Boston Children's Museum, a wonderland with playspaces, an art studio, a maze, a nature walk, and more. This is the perfect spot to hold up during a rainy day.
- Boston Duck Tours7,896Ducks on parade! These Duck Tours are operated by a fleet of land/water hybrid vehicles that can give you a great overview of the city and its landmarks. Plus, they're super fun to ride in.
- J.P. Licks136I scream, you scream, we all scream for J.P. Licks! This is kid-pleasing ice cream in oodles of flavors.
- Fenway Park17,339Come here to root for the home team or just take a tour and soak up that Big League energy.
- Modern Pastry Shop2,238The biggest debate in Boston is who makes the best cannoli. Some swear by Mike's but my vote goes to Modern. Feel free to taste-test both!
- Freedom Trail17,797Sneaking in a little history lesson while sightseeing is what Boston is all about! Set off on the Freedom Trail and you'll cover several Revolutionary sights in the space of an afternoon.
- Swan Boats282A Boston rite of passage, the swan boats delight children and adults alike as they glide across the pond.
- Boston Common6,515Boston Common and the neighboring Boston Public Garden is a great place to let kids work out all their wiggles among some of the prettiest turf the city can offer.
- Make Way for Ducklings Statues77Kick off your trip with a visit to this iconic duckling statue. Locals will often dress these ducks up in themed clothes, so you might see them decked out in tiny sports jerseys.
More to explore
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Boston
Boston Is Known For...
Must-see historic sights
Frequently Asked Questions about Boston
- We recommend checking out these popular tours when looking for something to do in Boston:
- Boston Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour with 14 Stops
- Martha's Vineyard Daytrip from Boston with Round-Trip Ferry & Island Tour Option
- Boston Duck Boat Sightseeing City Tour with Cruise Along Charles River
- Boston Whale Watching Cruise by High-Speed Catamaran
- Boston Historic Sightseeing Harbor Cruise with Up-Close View of USS Constitution
- If you're a more budget-conscious traveler, then you may want to consider traveling to Boston between December and February, when hotel prices are generally the lowest. Peak hotel prices generally start between June and August.