Boston TourismBoston HotelsBoston Bed and BreakfastBoston Vacation RentalsBoston Vacation PackagesFlights to BostonBoston RestaurantsThings to Do in BostonBoston ShoppingBoston Travel ForumBoston PhotosBoston MapBoston Travel GuideHotels
All Boston HotelsBoston Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in BostonBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Boston HostelsBoston Green HotelsBoston Luxury HotelsBoston Family HotelsBoston ResortsBoston Spa ResortsBoston Business HotelsRomantic Hotels in BostonBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Four Seasons Hotels in BostonWestin Hotels in BostonHampton by Hilton Hotels in BostonWyndham Hotels in BostonHilton Hotels in BostonHyatt Hotels in BostonInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in BostonChoice Hotels in BostonAC Hotels in BostonCourtyard Hotels in BostonKimpton Hotels in BostonResidence Inns in BostonPreferred Hotels & Resorts in BostonMarriott Hotels in BostonPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighborhoods
Charlestown HotelsSouth End HotelsSeaport District / South Boston Waterfront HotelsWest End HotelsNorth End HotelsRoxbury HotelsJeffries Point HotelsDowntown HotelsHotels near City PointHotels near Fields Corner EastPopular Boston Categories
Design Hotels in BostonBudget Hotels in BostonBoston Marathon HotelsHotels with Shuttle in BostonSuite Hotels in BostonBoston Hotels with Hot TubsBoston Hotels With Adjoining RoomsBoston Hotels with BalconiesBoston Hotels with RestaurantsBoston Hotels with Room ServiceNear Landmarks
Hotels near Freedom TrailHotels near Fenway ParkHotels near Boston Public GardenHotels near Museum of Fine ArtsHotels near Faneuil Hall MarketplaceHotels near North EndHotels near Boston CommonHotels near Boston Tea Party Ships & MuseumHotels near New England AquariumHotels near Boston Public LibraryNear Train Stations
Hotels near StateHotels near Government CenterHotels near BowdoinHotels near HaymarketHotels near North StationHotels near AquariumHotels near South StationHotels near CourthouseHotels near BroadwayHotels near AndrewNear Airports
Hotels near Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)Hotels near Worcester Airport (ORH)Hotels near Manchester Municipal Airport (MHT)Motels near Worcester Airport (ORH)Motels near Manchester Municipal Airport (MHT)Motels near Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)Near Colleges
Hotels near Suffolk UniversityHotels near North Bennet Street SchoolHotels near MGH Institute of Health ProfessionsHotels near New England College of Business and FinanceHotels near Empire Beauty SchoolHotels near Urban College of BostonHotels near University of Massachusetts BostonHotels near Eastern Nazarene CollegeHotels near Everest Institute - Chelsea, MAHotels near Laboure College
All things to do in BostonAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingVacation PackagesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor Plus
Fenway Park: Tickets & ToursFreedom Trail: Tickets & ToursMuseum of Fine Arts: Tickets & ToursBoston Tea Party Ships & Museum: Tickets & ToursNorth End: Tickets & ToursBoston Public Garden: Tickets & ToursJohn F. Kennedy Presidential Museum & Library: Tickets & ToursSamuel Adams Brewery: Tickets & ToursBoston Public Library: Tickets & ToursMuseum of Science: Tickets & ToursIsabella Stewart Gardner Museum: Tickets & ToursBoston Common: Tickets & ToursUSS Constitution: Tickets & ToursBeacon Hill: Tickets & ToursUSS Constitution Museum: Tickets & Tours
Boston Tourism: Best of Boston
Walk the Freedom Trail the first time you visit Boston and you'll quickly get a sense of this coastal city's revolutionary spirit and history. But make sure you also explore some of Boston's fine museums (try the Isabella Stewart Gardner, featuring masterpieces displayed in their collector's mansion) and old neighborhoods (like the North End, Boston's Little Italy). You can't claim to have experienced real Boston culture, though, until you've watched a Red Sox game from the bleachers.
Start planning for Boston
Create a Trip to save and organize all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.See all
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.See all
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.See all
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Boston
Boston With the Whole Fam
For a big city, Boston has major kid-appeal. First there's the magic of Fenway, then there's the "oversized playground" vibe of Boston Common. And don't even get me started on the city's famed cannoli. Here's a roundup of sights and attractions that appeal to kids of all ages.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- New England Aquarium5,650Penguins! Seals! Balloonfish! This aquarium has it all. You could easily spend a full day here, just bobbing around among the tanks and pools spotting your favorite critters.
- Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum6,312Sneak in another teachable moment by taking the kids to see this vessel and museum. Kids will appreciate touring an 18th-century ship (shiver-me-timbers!) and adults can dive into the Revolutionary history documented here—or take a breather in the tea room.
- The Mapparium901What kid doesn't want to step into a giant globe and go exploring? The Mapparium offers exactly that.
- Boston Children's Museum976No family trip would be complete without hitting the Boston Children's Museum, a wonderland with playspaces, an art studio, a maze, a nature walk, and more. This is the perfect spot to hold up during a rainy day.
- Boston Duck Tours7,240Ducks on parade! These Duck Tours are operated by a fleet of land/water hybrid vehicles that can give you a great overview of the city and its landmarks. Plus, they're super fun to ride in.
- J.P. Licks129I scream, you scream, we all scream for J.P. Licks! This is kid-pleasing ice cream in oodles of flavors.
- Fenway Park16,630Come here to root for the home team or just take a tour and soak up that Big League energy.
- Modern Pastry Shop2,133The biggest debate in Boston is who makes the best cannoli. Some swear by Mike's but my vote goes to Modern. Feel free to taste-test both!
- Freedom Trail17,395Sneaking in a little history lesson while sightseeing is what Boston is all about! Set off on the Freedom Trail and you'll cover several Revolutionary sights in the space of an afternoon.
- Swan Boats269A Boston rite of passage, the swan boats delight children and adults alike as they glide across the pond.