Boston TourismBoston HotelsBoston Bed and BreakfastBoston Vacation RentalsBoston Vacation PackagesFlights to BostonBoston RestaurantsThings to Do in BostonBoston ShoppingBoston Travel ForumBoston PhotosBoston MapBoston Travel GuideHotels
All Boston HotelsBoston Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in BostonBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Boston HostelsBoston Green HotelsBoston Luxury HotelsBoston Family HotelsBoston ResortsBoston Spa ResortsBoston Business HotelsRomantic Hotels in BostonBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Marriott Hotels in BostonFour Seasons Hotels in BostonWestin Hotels in BostonWyndham Hotels in BostonHilton Hotels in BostonHyatt Hotels in BostonInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in BostonChoice Hotels in BostonAC Hotels in BostonCourtyard Hotels in BostonKimpton Hotels in BostonResidence Inns in BostonPreferred Hotels & Resorts in BostonPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighborhoods
Charlestown HotelsSouth End HotelsSeaport District / South Boston Waterfront HotelsWest End HotelsNorth End HotelsRoxbury HotelsJeffries Point HotelsDowntown HotelsHotels near City PointHotels near Fields Corner EastPopular Boston Categories
Design Hotels in BostonBudget Hotels in BostonBoston Marathon HotelsHotels with Shuttle in BostonSuite Hotels in BostonBoston Hotels with Hot TubsBoston Hotels With Adjoining RoomsBoston Hotels with BalconiesBoston Hotels with RestaurantsBoston Hotels with Room ServiceNear Landmarks
Hotels near Freedom TrailHotels near Fenway ParkHotels near Boston Public GardenHotels near Museum of Fine ArtsHotels near Faneuil Hall MarketplaceHotels near North EndHotels near Boston CommonHotels near Boston Tea Party Ships & MuseumHotels near New England AquariumHotels near Boston Public LibraryNear Train Stations
Hotels near Downtown CrossingHotels near Park StHotels near Government CenterHotels near StateHotels near HaymarketHotels near BowdoinHotels near North StationHotels near ChinatownHotels near BoylstonHotels near Charles/MGHNear Airports
Hotels near Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)Hotels near Worcester Airport (ORH)Hotels near Manchester Municipal Airport (MHT)Motels near Worcester Airport (ORH)Motels near Manchester Municipal Airport (MHT)Motels near Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)Near Colleges
Hotels near Suffolk UniversityHotels near Empire Beauty SchoolHotels near Urban College of BostonHotels near Fisher CollegeHotels near MA General Dietetic Internship Boston, MAHotels near Hult International Business SchoolHotels near Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in BostonHotels near Lincoln Technical InstituteHotels near New England School of LawHotels near New England School of Art and Design
All things to do in BostonAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingVacation PackagesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor Plus
Fenway Park: Tickets & ToursFreedom Trail: Tickets & ToursMuseum of Fine Arts: Tickets & ToursBoston Tea Party Ships & Museum: Tickets & ToursNorth End: Tickets & ToursBoston Public Garden: Tickets & ToursSamuel Adams Brewery: Tickets & ToursBoston Public Library: Tickets & ToursMuseum of Science: Tickets & ToursIsabella Stewart Gardner Museum: Tickets & ToursBoston Common: Tickets & ToursUSS Constitution: Tickets & ToursBeacon Hill: Tickets & ToursUSS Constitution Museum: Tickets & ToursQuincy Market: Tickets & Tours
Boston Tourism: Best of Boston
Walk the Freedom Trail the first time you visit Boston and you'll quickly get a sense of this coastal city's revolutionary spirit and history. But make sure you also explore some of Boston's fine museums (try the Isabella Stewart Gardner, featuring masterpieces displayed in their collector's mansion) and old neighborhoods (like the North End, Boston's Little Italy). You can't claim to have experienced real Boston culture, though, until you've watched a Red Sox game from the bleachers.
Start planning for Boston
Create a Trip to save and organize all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Boston
Boston With the Whole Fam
For a big city, Boston has major kid-appeal. First there's the magic of Fenway, then there's the "oversized playground" vibe of Boston Common. And don't even get me started on the city's famed cannoli. Here's a roundup of sights and attractions that appeal to kids of all ages.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- New England Aquarium5,633Penguins! Seals! Balloonfish! This aquarium has it all. You could easily spend a full day here, just bobbing around among the tanks and pools spotting your favorite critters.
- Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum6,275Sneak in another teachable moment by taking the kids to see this vessel and museum. Kids will appreciate touring an 18th-century ship (shiver-me-timbers!) and adults can dive into the Revolutionary history documented here—or take a breather in the tea room.
- The Mapparium900What kid doesn't want to step into a giant globe and go exploring? The Mapparium offers exactly that.
- Boston Children's Museum975No family trip would be complete without hitting the Boston Children's Museum, a wonderland with playspaces, an art studio, a maze, a nature walk, and more. This is the perfect spot to hold up during a rainy day.
- Boston Duck Tours7,193Ducks on parade! These Duck Tours are operated by a fleet of land/water hybrid vehicles that can give you a great overview of the city and its landmarks. Plus, they're super fun to ride in.
- J.P. Licks128I scream, you scream, we all scream for J.P. Licks! This is kid-pleasing ice cream in oodles of flavors.
- Fenway Park16,585Come here to root for the home team or just take a tour and soak up that Big League energy.
- Modern Pastry Shop2,126The biggest debate in Boston is who makes the best cannoli. Some swear by Mike's but my vote goes to Modern. Feel free to taste-test both!
- Freedom Trail17,363Sneaking in a little history lesson while sightseeing is what Boston is all about! Set off on the Freedom Trail and you'll cover several Revolutionary sights in the space of an afternoon.
- Swan Boats265A Boston rite of passage, the swan boats delight children and adults alike as they glide across the pond.
- Boston Common6,421Boston Common and the neighboring Boston Public Garden is a great place to let kids work out all their wiggles among some of the prettiest turf the city can offer.
- Making Way for Ducklings Statues62Kick off your trip with a visit to this iconic duckling statue. Locals will often dress these ducks up in themed clothes, so you might see them decked out in tiny sports jerseys.
Dig Into Boston