Columbus TourismColumbus HotelsColumbus Bed and BreakfastColumbus Vacation RentalsFlights to ColumbusColumbus RestaurantsThings to Do in ColumbusColumbus Travel ForumColumbus PhotosColumbus MapColumbus Travel GuideHotels
All Columbus HotelsColumbus Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in ColumbusBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsTravel StoriesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor PlusMore
Columbus MotelsColumbus HostelsColumbus Business HotelsColumbus Family HotelsColumbus CasinosColumbus Spa ResortsColumbus Beach HotelsColumbus Green HotelsColumbus Luxury HotelsRomantic Hotels in ColumbusBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Intown Suites in ColumbusHoliday Inns in ColumbusDoubleTree by Hilton Hotels in ColumbusWoodSpring Suites in ColumbusHoliday Inns Express in ColumbusStaybridge Suites in ColumbusComfort Suites in ColumbusExtended Stay America Hotels in ColumbusHomewood Suites by Hilton in ColumbusResidence Inns in ColumbusCourtyard Hotels in ColumbusMotel 6 Hotels in ColumbusLa Quinta Inns & Suites in ColumbusBest Western Hotels in ColumbusWyndham Hotels in ColumbusPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighborhoods
Franklinton HotelsHotels near Indiana ForestHotels near Indianola TerraceHotels near Knolls WestHotels near Henderson HeightsHotels near Indian HillsHotels near GlenbrookHotels near Golfview WoodsHotels near South CampusHotels near St. Mary'sPopular Columbus Categories
Columbus Downtown HotelsColumbus Hotels with Hot TubsColumbus Hotels with Smoking RoomsHotels with Shuttle in ColumbusSuite Hotels in ColumbusColumbus Hotels with KitchenetteColumbus Hotels with EV ChargingColumbus Exotic HotelsColumbus Hotels with Walk-in ShowerColumbus Hotels with Valet ParkingMore Columbus Categories
Columbus Hotels with LoungeColumbus Hotels with Heated PoolColumbus Hotels with Walk-in ShowerColumbus Hotels with Breakfast BuffetColumbus Hotels with Game roomColumbus Hotels with GymColumbus Hotels with Saltwater PoolNear Landmarks
Hotels near Easton Town CenterHotels near Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical GardensHotels near COSI Center of Science and IndustryHotels near German VillageHotels near Ohio StadiumHotels near Hollywood Casino ColumbusHotels near Short North Arts DistrictHotels near Nationwide ArenaHotels near Columbus Museum of ArtHotels near Ohio StatehouseNear Airports
Hotels near Port Columbus Intl Airport (CMH)Hotels near Rickenbacker Airport (LCK)Motels near Rickenbacker Airport (LCK)Motels near Port Columbus Intl Airport (CMH)Near Colleges
Hotels near Institute of Holistic Health CareersHotels near Nationwide Beauty AcademyHotels near Aveda InstituteHotels near The Ohio State UniversityHotels near The Spa SchoolHotels near Regency Beauty InstituteHotels near Reflexology Science InstituteHotels near ABC Bartending SchoolHotels near ITT Technical Institute - Hilliard Hilliard, OHHotels near Ohio Business College - Columbus Hilliard CampusPopular Hotel Categories
Columbus Tourism: Best of Columbus
Ohio’s capital city is full of beautiful neighborhoods, a critically acclaimed food scene and top-ranked attractions. This creative-minded destination offers something for everyone. Families will enjoy COSI, the nationally known science center, as well as the Columbus zoo and its neighboring water park. Art lovers will savor the collections at the Columbus Museum of Art and revel in Gallery Hop, a monthly celebration in the Short North Art District. Columbus is a city that invites exploration.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.See all
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.See all
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.See all
The best Black-owned spots in Columbus, OH
My husband and I are the co-founders of an events tech startup, MYLE, an acronym for “Make Your Life Entertaining.” We’ve lived in a few different parts of the U.S. and have traveled extensively but we settled in Columbus where our company really took off. The city is incredible with so much creative energy. Here are a few great places to check out if you come. (As told to Taryn White)
Sherry Lloyd, Columbus, OH
- Upper Cup Coffee13Not all coffee shops are created equal, and this unique coffee shop with two locations in Columbus delivers an amazing atmosphere and coffee. From their chess games and local artist exhibits, I always feel the presence of Black culture when I visit. The owners of Upper Cup Coffee are so friendly, and they’ve brought their deep roots and coffee culture from Eritrea to Columbus. In addition to coffee, the shop also sells coffee beans from Ethiopia, Panama, and other parts of the world.
- Shrimp Lips Seafood4Having lived in New Orleans, I’m always looking for the Cajun and Creole flavors from “the Bayou.” I’ve found that at Shrimp Lips. Their crab legs and shrimp dishes are my favorites, as both are always seasoned to perfection. The restaurant also has foods you just won’t find elsewhere like lobster fries and crawfish Philly.
- Donatos Pizza43When I’m catching a flight at John Glenn International Airport, I always grab a slice of pepperoni pizza and a salad from Donatos Pizza. Although it’s part of a chain of nearly 200 restaurants, the airport location is Black-owned and operated. Known for its “Edge to Edge” pizza toppings, the restaurant chain uses a 50-year old recipe for the most golden and crispy pizza crust.
- Bake Me Happy11Bake Me Happy sells treats so good, you’ll be surprised that they’re all gluten free. One reason is the owners have taken great care to craft each food item using individualized flour blends with local ingredients like Ohio maple syrup. I’m not a vegan or gluten-free eater, but this bakery delivers for all lovers of baked sweet treats. My personal favorite is the snack cake, which I could eat every day. I consistently have dreams of the moist and creamy inside of their dark chocolate cake. The bakery also serves coffee and tea.
Trending in the forums
Columbus Is Great For
Games & rides
Eat & drink
Frequently Asked Questions about Columbus
- We recommend checking out these popular tours when looking for something to do in Columbus:
- If you're a more budget-conscious traveler, then you may want to consider traveling to Columbus between March and May, when hotel prices are generally the lowest. Peak hotel prices generally start between September and November.