Explore Las Vegas
What is Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best?
This award is our highest recognition and is presented annually to those businesses that are the Best of the Best on Tripadvisor, those that earn excellent reviews from travelers and are ranked in the top 1% of properties worldwide.Learn more
Las Vegas TourismLas Vegas HotelsLas Vegas Bed and BreakfastLas Vegas Vacation RentalsFlights to Las VegasLas Vegas RestaurantsThings to Do in Las VegasLas Vegas Travel ForumLas Vegas PhotosLas Vegas MapLas Vegas Travel GuideLas Vegas Travel ArticlesHotels
All Las Vegas HotelsLas Vegas Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in Las VegasBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsTravel StoriesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor PlusMore
Las Vegas MotelsLas Vegas HostelsLas Vegas CampgroundsLas Vegas Business HotelsLas Vegas Green HotelsLas Vegas Family HotelsRomantic Hotels in Las VegasLas Vegas Spa ResortsLas Vegas Luxury HotelsLas Vegas CasinosLas Vegas ResortsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Home2 Suites by Hilton in Las VegasBest Western Plus Hotels in Las VegasExtended Stay America Hotels in Las VegasMGM Hotels in Las VegasHyatt Place Hotels in Las VegasBoyd Gaming Hotels in Las VegasHilton Grand Vacations Hotels in Las VegasSuper 8 Hotels in Las VegasLa Quinta Inns & Suites in Las VegasResidence Inns in Las VegasTravelodge Hotels Ltd in Las VegasCourtyard Hotels in Las VegasMotel 6 Hotels in Las VegasPreferred Hotels & Resorts in Las VegasTowneplace Suites in Las VegasPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighborhoods
Downtown HotelsEnterprise HotelsThe Strip HotelsParadise HotelsSummerlin HotelsHotels near West Las VegasHotels near RichfieldHotels near Vegas HeightsHotels near Northwest AreaHotels near Beverly GreenPopular Las Vegas Categories
Las Vegas Hotels with BalconiesSuite Hotels in Las VegasHotels with Military Discounts in Las VegasLas Vegas Hotels with KitchenetteLas Vegas Hotels with Hot TubsAll Inclusive Resorts in Las VegasRomantic Boutique Hotels in Las VegasSuite Resorts in Las VegasCharming Hotels in Las VegasBoutique Spa Hotels in Las VegasNear Landmarks
Hotels near Fountains of BellagioHotels near Fremont Street ExperienceHotels near The StripHotels near Red Rock Canyon National Conservation AreaHotels near High RollerHotels near Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical GardenHotels near Stratosphere TowerHotels near Hoover Dam BypassHotels near The Mob MuseumHotels near Eiffel Tower Viewing DeckNear Train Stations
Hotels near Bally's / Paris Las Vegas StationHotels near Harrah's / The Linq StationHotels near Flamingo / Caesars Palace StationHotels near MGM Grand StationHotels near SLS StationHotels near Las Vegas Convention Center StationHotels near Westgate Las Vegas StationNear Airports
Hotels near Harry Reid International Airport (LAS)Hotels near Boulder City Airport (BLD)Motels near Boulder City Airport (BLD)Motels near Harry Reid International Airport (LAS)Near Colleges
Hotels near Destination AcademyHotels near Anthem InstituteHotels near Milan InstituteHotels near Expertise Cosmetology InstituteHotels near American Institute of Medical SonographyHotels near Kaplan College - Las VegasHotels near ITT Technical Institute - Las Vegas CampusHotels near Academy of Hair DesignHotels near University of Phoenix - Las Vegas CampusHotels near Euphoria InstitutePopular Hotel Categories
Las Vegas Tourism: Best of Las Vegas
About Las Vegas
Whatever you can dream up, Las Vegas delivers: Michelin-starred restaurants, 24-hour wedding chapels, larger-than-life scenery, slot machines, all of it. But just when you think you have Vegas pinned down, it surprises you. Consider Meow Wolf, an immersive experience that’s equal parts theme park and art gallery. Or the ice rink at the Cosmopolitan (winter in the desert!). And then there’s the nature—head out past the Strip, and you’ll find state parks and views for days in spots like Valley of Fire and Red Rock Canyon. It’s gems like these that round out Vegas as a destination for families and non-partiers too.
Essential Las Vegas
What to do
Iconic places and can’t-miss experiences that define the citySee all
Where to stay
Top spots to rest up—charming to classic to modernSee all
Where to eat
The tried-and-trues, plus local faves and hidden gemsSee all
Our LGBTQ guide to the best of Las Vegas
A few years ago, I wasn’t so sure about gallivanting around Las Vegas with my squad. In 2014, the city’s only gay hotel closed, followed by a few long-standing bars. But, the queer sparkle seems to be shining through those neon lights once again. Here are a few Vegas gems worth their weight in glow.
Matt Bell, Philadelphia, PA
- RuPaul's Drag Race LIVE! at the Flamingo Las Vegas67Witness the potential of high-production drag up close, but get ready for something more buttoned up than RuPaul’s MTV show. The line starts about an hour before the show, and sometimes the queens say hello on their way in! Drinks inside the show are pricey, so arrive early and sashay over to the Count Room for a cocktail.
- Senor Frog's Las Vegas5,808If you love dive bars and drag queens, this is your sanctuary of sequins, shots, and bottomless mimosas. Expect to pay more than a Drag Race Live! ticket, but you’ll experience top local queens and a few Ru girls at their rowdiest. Besides, if you want to forget how much it costs—well, you know what to do. Book a few weeks in advance for the best seating.
- The Garden Las Vegas4Looking for drag with a touch of glamour? Here, the refillable bevies come with the ability upgrade, the menu is à la carte, and the backdrop matches the price tag, which is higher than most. But, you’re guaranteed Ru girls in addition to other show stopping queens. Reserve early.
- Vanderpump à Paris108It’s not the only French fine dining in Vegas, but it’s the only one that comes with potential Lisa and Ken Vanderpump sightings. Plus, it’s ideal for making special memories–you can’t take a bad photo inside. Reservations are highly suggested, but spontaneous couples might sneak in at the bar, which is open seating.
- Vanderpump Cocktail Garden264Wondering if other LGBTQ+ people are flocking to Lisa’s original Vegas bar and restaurant? They are, and the hype about the espresso martinis and goat cheese balls is true, but it’s almost always packed. You can’t make reservations, but you can go when it’s less busy—after lunch, early dinner, or right when it opens at 10 a.m. Hair of the dog?
- Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton618I like to recommend this place because it’s comfortable whether you’re in Vegas to party or you just want a home base where you let your hair down. It’s a 10-minute walk to the Fruit Loop and less than 10-minutes by car to the Strip. There’s a gay-ish nightclub on the 4th floor, and you will wake up each morning (or afternoon) to all the rejuvenating rooftop pool vibes.
- Atomic Saloon Show158Sexy dinner theater is a revered tradition in Vegas, and this Western-themed fantasy with openly queer characters keeps it LGBTQ cute.
- The Neon Museum5,346This hour or so walk through the final resting place of the most famous neon lights in Vegas history is an Instagrammer’s paradise. The museum recently installed a permanent LGBTQ exhibit, featuring the same glowing signs that lit the first gay spaces. For the best photos, come at sunset, but buy your ticket early—it sells out.
- Luxor Hotel & Casino57,372Wanna soak up the sun with the beautiful people? Book your Sunday afternoon at this laid-back but popular LGBTQ pool party on the Strip. Get on the get list and arrive by 1 p.m. to skip the cover. Not all seating has shade, and the good chairs go fast, but groups and couples can reserve a cabana, which includes recliners with umbrellas.
- The Liberace Museum Collection154Calling all Liberace fans. Honor the most famous LGBTQ showman to call Vegas home with a pilgrimage to Thriller Villa for the private tour of treasures from the now defunct Liberace Museum. If you’re just looking to live vicariously through this eccentric performer’s legendary car collection (including the most bedazzled models), snap photos, and take home a quirky souvenir, the Liberace Garage is a no-brainer.
Explore Las Vegas by interest
Top spots for kids
Yes, you can bring ‘em along for the ride
Vegas on a dime
Eats and activities that won’t break the bank
If you're feeling fancy-ish
Luxury experiences that are totally worth it
Off the Strip
Hidden gems just beyond the main drag
When in Vegas…
Thrills and experiences you can only get here
Two thumbs way up
Concerts, shows, and spectacles that wow
Stay up to all hours
Late night bites, clubs, and more 24-hour fun
Snag a res at restaurants run by A-listers
Take a dip
The best hotel pools and poolside hangs
Day trips that'll get your adrenaline pumping