Minneapolis TourismMinneapolis HotelsMinneapolis Bed and BreakfastMinneapolis Vacation RentalsFlights to MinneapolisMinneapolis RestaurantsThings to Do in MinneapolisMinneapolis Travel ForumMinneapolis PhotosMinneapolis MapMinneapolis Travel GuideHotels
All Minneapolis HotelsMinneapolis Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in MinneapolisBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsTravel StoriesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor PlusMore
Minneapolis MotelsMinneapolis HostelsMinneapolis Green HotelsMinneapolis Family HotelsMinneapolis Business HotelsMinneapolis Beach HotelsMinneapolis ResortsMinneapolis Luxury HotelsMinneapolis Spa ResortsRomantic Hotels in MinneapolisBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in MinneapolisHampton by Hilton Hotels in MinneapolisMoxy Hotels in MinneapolisHyatt Hotels in MinneapolisDoubleTree by Hilton Hotels in MinneapolisMarriott Autograph Collection Hotels in MinneapolisResidence Inns in MinneapolisHilton Hotels in MinneapolisMarriott Hotels in MinneapolisPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighborhoods
Uptown HotelsWarehouse District HotelsUniversity / Dinkytown HotelsDowntown HotelsCedar-Riverside HotelsHotels near FolwellHotels near St. Anthony WestHotels near Windom ParkHotels near VictoryHotels near Ventura VillagePopular Minneapolis Categories
Boutique Hotels in MinneapolisMinneapolis Hotels with KitchenetteCool & Unique Hotels in MinneapolisHotels with Shuttle in MinneapolisSuite Hotels in MinneapolisMinneapolis Hotels with Hot TubsMinneapolis Accessible HotelsMinneapolis Hotels with Outdoor PoolMinneapolis Hotels with a ViewMinneapolis Non-Smoking HotelsMore Minneapolis Categories
Minneapolis Hotels with ConciergeMinneapolis Hotels with FireplacesMinneapolis Accessible HotelsMinneapolis Hotels with Saltwater PoolMinneapolis Hotels with a ViewMinneapolis Hotels with Steam RoomMinneapolis Hotels with Laundry FacilitiesMinneapolis Hotels with EV ChargingMinneapolis Hotels with Tennis CourtsMinneapolis Non-Smoking HotelsMinneapolis Hotels with Outdoor PoolMinneapolis Hotels with Valet ParkingMinneapolis Yoga HotelsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Minnehaha ParkHotels near Minneapolis Institute of ArtHotels near Minneapolis Sculpture GardenHotels near Mill City MuseumHotels near Minneapolis Skyway SystemHotels near U.S. Bank StadiumHotels near Bde Maka SkaHotels near Lake HarrietHotels near Walker Art CenterHotels near American Swedish InstituteNear Airports
Hotels near Minneapolis-St. Paul Intl Airport (MSP)Motels near Minneapolis-St. Paul Intl Airport (MSP)Near Colleges
Hotels near North Central UniversityHotels near Capella UniversityHotels near Globe University - MinneapolisHotels near Minneapolis College of Art and DesignHotels near Walden UniversityHotels near SUMMIT ACADEMY OICHotels near University of Phoenix - Minneapolis/St. Paul CampusHotels near Minnesota School of Cosmetology - PlymouthHotels near Dunwoody College of TechnologyHotels near Strayer University Minneapolis CampusPopular Hotel Categories
Minneapolis Tourism: Best of Minneapolis
With its gleaming skyscrapers set amid glittering lakes, Minneapolis makes for an attractive and fun getaway. A truly year-round destination, the city offers activities for every season. In winter, one can explore the downtown area through more than seven miles of glass-enclosed skyways. In addition to keeping you warm, they create a lively thoroughfare filled with specialty shops, restaurants and services. Whether you want to escape the winter cold or the summer warmth, the Mall of America offers shopping, dining and entertainment options for any time of the year and every member of the family. Art lovers have plenty to see at the Minneapolis Art Institute, Walker Art Center and the Frederick R. Weisman Art Museum, which all house world-renowned collections. The theater scene is thriving. With more than thirty theaters, Minneapolis has more seats per capita than any U.S. city except New York. See a Broadway show and enjoy dinner and live jazz at a fabulous restaurant. With kids in tow, check out the Science Museum of Minnesota, where visitors can produce their own video, or come face to face with a shark at the UnderWater Adventures Aquarium. In summer, the action moves outside. Known as "The City of Lakes," Minneapolis has 22 lakes located within city limits and many more in the surrounding area. In town, hordes of locals and tourists in-line skate or stroll around Lake Calhoun, stopping for ice cream along the way. Just outside of town, Fort Snelling State Park offers outdoor recreational activities from hiking to biking and golf to boating. No matter when you visit, Minneapolis offers lots for everyone to enjoy.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.See all
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.See all
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.See all
All about Black-owned Minneapolis
I first became an entrepreneur after making candles for myself and throwing candle-making parties in my apartment. Now I've got Roseline’s Candles, an online store, and a brick-and-mortar gift shop called Roseline’s Place. We're all about sustainability and my shop is a go-to spot for community gatherings (and candle-making classes!). If you're planning a visit to the city, make sure to check out these other Black-owned places. (as told to Taryn White)
Roseline Friedrich, Minneapolis, MN
- Sammy's Avenue Eatery1I have eaten at Sammy's Avenue Eatery for lunch more times than I can count. Their grilled chicken sandwich is my go-to lunch item, and they always have amazing baked goods. With new locations in Northeast Minneapolis, an upcoming food hall, and a food truck, I’m happy to have even more opportunities to dine at Sammy’s.
- Wendy's House of Soul2Miss Wendy is a mama of North Minneapolis and her restaurant, Wendy’s House of Soul, serves classic soul food items along with a few surprises like Seafood Siah, which includes white fish mixed with vegetables, fresh vegetables and garlic, and her secret sauce. Getting her “soul” rolls and “soulwiches” never disappoints, and her taco soul roll is my personal favorite.
- Afro Deli & Grill58Afro Deli & Grill serves freshly prepared and Halal foods with African, Mediterranean, and American influences. They have three locations in Minneapolis and one location in St. Paul. I can’t get enough of their falafel and sambusa, and I’ve previously used their catering service for a business event.
- Soul Bowl5Soul Bowl offers mouthwatering southern comfort foods in a bowl. Whenever I visit, I try something new, from plant-based macaroni and cheese to Caribe bowls. In addition to the creativity of their food items, I love the musical influences of the names of their food, including Jill Scott Collard Greens and Will. I. Am. Black-eyed Peas.
Trending in the forums
Minneapolis Is Great For
Frequently Asked Questions about Minneapolis
- We recommend checking out these popular tours when looking for something to do in Minneapolis:
- If you're a more budget-conscious traveler, then you may want to consider traveling to Minneapolis between December and February, when hotel prices are generally the lowest. Peak hotel prices generally start between June and August.