Explore Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Tourism: Best of Fort Lauderdale
Essential Fort Lauderdale
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Is Great For
Fun in the sun
Dreamy beachfront hotels
Travelers’ pro-tips for experiencing Fort Lauderdale...
In the words of those who've been there before ...
What is the best way to get there?
Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport is the main commercial airport serving Fort Lauderdale. Shuttle buses run from the airport to nearby hotels. Taxis and car services are available too.
Greyhound offers bus services to Fort Lauderdale with a terminal at 515 NE 3rd St.
Travelers driving to Fort Lauderdale usually approach the city via the I-95 Fwy and the I-75 Fwy.
Do I need a visa?
If you’re visiting Fort Lauderdale from overseas, use the US State Department’s Visa Wizard to see if you need a visa.
When is the best time to visit?
Winter (December to April): The snowbirds really know what’s up. Fort Lauderdale is a dream destination in the winter months thanks to its warm sunshine and its ideal temperatures that hover between 10 to 26°C (50 to 80°F).
Fort Lauderdale’s Sun Trolley operates seven routes which cover the entire town, as well as one route to and from the airport. For more information on routes, schedules and fares, see here.
Fort Lauderdale’s water taxi has 10 stops in Fort Lauderdale and 1 stop in Hollywood.
For more information on routes, schedules and fares, see here.
Taxis and rideshare
Taxis, Uber, and Lyft services are readily available throughout the city.
Parking lots and metered parking are available, however, streets tend to get congested, so alternative methods of transportation are recommended.
Are there local customs I should know?
- We recommend staying at one of the most popular hotels in Fort Lauderdale, which include:
- Some of the most popular restaurants in Fort Lauderdale include:
- Fort Lauderdale is known for some of its popular attractions, which include:
- We recommend checking out these popular tours when looking for something to do in Fort Lauderdale:
- If you're a more budget-conscious traveler, then you may want to consider traveling to Fort Lauderdale between September and November, when hotel prices are generally the lowest. Peak hotel prices generally start between March and May.