Sponsored by Dubai
Dubai TourismDubai HotelsDubai Bed and BreakfastDubai Vacation RentalsDubai Vacation PackagesFlights to DubaiDubai RestaurantsThings to Do in DubaiDubai ShoppingDubai Travel ForumDubai PhotosDubai MapDubai Travel GuideHotels
All Dubai HotelsDubai Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in DubaiBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingVacation PackagesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor PlusMore
Dubai MotelsDubai HostelsDubai CampgroundsDubai Green HotelsDubai Business HotelsDubai Luxury HotelsDubai Ski-In / Ski-Out HotelsDubai Beach HotelsDubai Family HotelsDubai ResortsDubai Spa ResortsRomantic Hotels in DubaiBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Central Hotels in DubaiAloft Hotels in DubaiRixos Hotels in DubaiAvani Hotels & Resorts in DubaiPreferred Hotels & Resorts in DubaiDusit Hotels And Resorts in DubaiLouvre Hotels in DubaiMelia Hotels in DubaiWyndham Hotels in DubaiInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in DubaiVida Hotels and Resorts in DubaiJumeirah Hotels in DubaiSheraton Hotels in DubaiHoliday Inns Express in DubaiSofitel Hotels in DubaiPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighborhoods
Dubai Internet City HotelsMuhaisnah 4 HotelsAl Quoz 3 HotelsNad Al Sheba HotelsAl Satwa HotelsZabeel 2 HotelsAl Furjan HotelsAl Barsha South HotelsPopular Dubai Categories
Dubai Apartment HotelsDubai Affordable HotelsHotels with Nightclubs in DubaiDubai City Center HotelsAll Inclusive Hotels in DubaiHotels with Complimentary Breakfast in DubaiBoutique Bed and Breakfast in DubaiDubai Hotels With Indoor PoolsDubai All Inclusive Spa ResortsDubai Luxury All Inclusive ResortsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Burj KhalifaHotels near The Dubai FountainHotels near Dubai MetroHotels near Atlantis Aquaventure WaterparkHotels near Dubai Aquarium & Underwater ZooHotels near Burj Al ArabHotels near Ski DubaiHotels near Dubai CreekHotels near Wild Wadi WaterparkHotels near Dubai Miracle GardenNear Train Stations
Hotels near Al NahdaHotels near Abu Bakr SeddiqHotels near SalahuddinHotels near Al QiyadahHotels near Stadium (Dubai)Hotels near Abu HailHotels near Palm DeiraHotels near Dubai Airport Free ZoneHotels near Al QusaisHotels near EtisalatNear Airports
Hotels near Dubai World Central - Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC)Hotels near Dubai Airport (DXB)Hotels near Sharjah Airport (SHJ)Near Colleges
Hotels near Skyline University College, SharjahHotels near University of SharjahHotels near Dubai Pharmacy CollegeHotels near Dubai Medical CollegeHotels near American University in DubaiHotels near American University in the EmiratesHotels near Al Ghurair UniversityHotels near Jumeira UniversityHotels near Gulf Medical University
Dubai Tourism: Best of Dubai
Dazzling and dizzying, a city of superlatives
Largest. Tallest. Biggest. Dubai does everything to the extreme, standing out for its uber-modern design in a historically conservative country. The soaring skyscrapers, palm-shaped islands, and golden beaches, paired with vibrant nightlife, luxury shopping, and world-class dining, make the city a sight to behold and be explored.
Traditional Trek Around Dubai
Dubai certainly dazzles with its uber-modern design showcased in sights like the Burj Al Arab, and with its over-the-top attractions like the Dubai Mall and Palm Jumeirah. But it wasn't the glitzy nightclubs and crowd-pleasing brunches that won me over, it was the traditional architecture, Emirati culture, and delicious pistachio dates. So if you're looking for a more traditional slice of life, here are some of my favorite places you should visit in Dubai.
Lara Grant, New York City, NY
- Dubai Gold Souk3,480Located in the Deira district, the Dubai Gold Souk is a traditional market with over 350 stores, most of which sell jewelry. Gold, diamonds, and precious stones are all available here, but do your research on the best stores if you're looking to buy!
- Deira Old Souk Abra Station297Abras are traditional wooden boats that act as water taxis on Dubai Creek, ferrying travelers between the Deira Old Souk and Bur Dubai Abra Stations. As a bonus, the creek is a busy hub, with lots to do and see nearby.
- Cafe Bateel164Bateel is renowned for their gourmet dates packaged in hand-painted wooden boxes, and the cafe expands that upscale approach to all-day dining. Scrumptious bateel date pudding and traditional Arabic coffee are highlights.
- Siraj408Dubai is well-known for its fine-dining cuisine and outposts of global restaurants, but for a truly authentic Emirati meal, head to Siraj. Go with friends and share the camel steak, chicken biryani, and green mango salad. Pro tip: snag a table outside for a gorgeous Burj Khalifa fountain show view.
- Ripe Market88Skip the fancy restaurants and indoor malls and spend an afternoon strolling the Ripe Market, an outdoor farmers' market showcasing local businesses. I was a big fan of the organic veggies and fruits, cute handicrafts, and chic jewelry.
- Jumeirah Mosque2,164Firstly, built in traditional Fatimid style, the Jumeirah Mosque is beautiful. And, it's one of the few mosques open to non-Muslims. It's a unique experience to observe the prayer and learn more about the customs.
- XVA Art Hotel830XVA Art Hotel offers a more traditional, simple alternative to the towering, flashy hotels. It’s located in the heart of the Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood, the oldest community in Dubai, and it occupies the former home of the Seddiqi family – high-end watch retailers. There are just 14 rooms on-site, all individually decorated and with locally inspired furnishings. A cozy café and gallery showcasing Arab artwork add to its charm.
- Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding1,216Although roughly 80 percent of Dubai's population is foreigners, travelers can still get a peek inside Emirati culture by visiting this center. It's in the historic Al Fahidi neighborhood and I love that visitors can take part in activities such as walking tours, authentic dinners, and conversations with local Emiratis.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Dubai.See all
A mix of the charming, lavish, and modern.See all
Quintessential Dubai restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
- The adventurous and fun-filled vacation with friends & family! If you are visiting Dubai, then there's no way you can skip visiting IMG, an indoor amusement park, that will ensure you an adrenaline-pumping experience and a world of superheroes. Enjoy the rides, movies and immaculate dining experience at the world's largest indoor theme park.
Trending in the forums
Dig Into Dubai
Stories, tips, and guides