Queenstown TourismQueenstown HotelsQueenstown Bed and BreakfastQueenstown Vacation RentalsQueenstown Vacation PackagesFlights to QueenstownThings to Do in QueenstownQueenstown Travel ForumQueenstown PhotosQueenstown MapQueenstown Travel GuideHotels
All Queenstown HotelsQueenstown Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in QueenstownBy Hotel TypeThings to doRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingVacation PackagesCruisesRental Cars
Queenstown MotelsQueenstown HostelsQueenstown CampgroundsQueenstown Family HotelsQueenstown Business HotelsRomantic Hotels in QueenstownQueenstown Luxury HotelsQueenstown Spa ResortsQueenstown Green HotelsQueenstown ResortsQueenstown CasinosBy Hotel Class
By Hotel Brand
Hilton Hotels in QueenstownAccor Hotels in QueenstownWyndham Hotels in QueenstownInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in QueenstownPopular Amenities
Popular Queenstown Categories
Cheap Accommodations in QueenstownCouples Hotels in QueenstownBoutique Hotels in QueenstownHotels with Shuttle in QueenstownQueenstown City Center HotelsQueenstown Hotels with Hot TubsQueenstown Pet Friendly CampgroundsBoutique Bed and Breakfast in QueenstownLuxury Bed and Breakfast in QueenstownSpa Resorts in QueenstownNear Airports
Queenstown Tourism: Best of Queenstown
Staggering beauty and heart-pumping thrills await in the resort town of Queenstown, which is also known for its Hobbits—much of the Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed in the area. Outdoor enthusiasts flock to Queenstown for the kayaking, bungee jumping, jetboating, white-water rafting, hiking and skiing. More mild-mannered adventurers can take a quiet cruise through nearby Milford Sound, part of the Fjordland National Park World Heritage area, or sample South Island pinot noir from one of the region's 75 wineries.
Start planning for Queenstown
Create a Trip to save and organize all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.
From the Forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Queenstown
Uncover the majesty of Queenstown and beyond
Queenstown offers spectacular scenery set against the dramatic southern alps and majestic Lake Wakatipu. Other than its undeniable beauty, this resort town is known as the adrenaline capital of the world, being a popular destination for adventure seekers all year round. Here's my guide to experiencing the best of Queenstown and the South Island!
Lin W, Singapore, Singapore
- Lake Wakatipu1,033 reviewsThe crown jewel of Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu is also one of NZ's largest and longest lakes! Flanked by mammoth mountain peaks, explore the lake and the surrounding areas on a leisurely cruise or high-speed jetboat!
- Novotel Queenstown Lakeside3,791 reviewsWake up every morning to some of the most stunning views of Lake Wakatipu at this gorgeous waterfront hotel. With modern and spacious rooms, Novotel Queenstown Lakeside is located just a few minutes away from the main F&B district, making it an ideal stay for your next trip to Queenstown.
- Queenstown Hill1,478 reviewsThe Queenstown Hill walking trail offers beautiful views of Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountainous region. Starting from Belfast Street, this three-hour walk is a comfortable 1.7-2km long, perfect for the whole family!
- Fergburger14,536 reviewsServing some of the best burgers in New Zealand (and some say the world!), Fergburger can't be missed if you're making a trip to Queenstown. Try the classic Ferg with Cheese or chow down on the Sweet Bambi burger, a juicy deer meat patty topped with Thai plum chutney. Pro tip: Get there early to avoid the snaking queues and crowd!
- Halo843 reviewsOpen from 7am daily, this vegetarian-friendly cafe is the perfect place to get your morning fuel and cuppa joe to kickstart your day. And don't forget to grab one of their vegan Peanut Butter Cups to-go as well!
- Winnies2,011 reviewsEnjoy the lively atmosphere while digging in to a hearty spread of pizza and pasta. Cosy up in front of the inviting fireplace, or hang around till late to enjoy a lively DJ set!
- Glenorchy-Queenstown Road1,889 reviewsA scenic 45-min drive from Queenstown to Glenorchy promises some of the most spectacular sights in all of New Zealand. But while you immerse yourself in the breathtaking sights, don't forget to make pit stops along the way for amazing photo ops with the lake and mountains as your backdrop!
- Arrowtown Village1,598 reviewsA charming old mining town just 20 mins from Queenstown, Arrowtown offers some quiet respite after an adrenaline-fueled day. Learn more about the mining history of the Otago region, or simply enjoy the quaint shopping streets and local craft stores.
- Skyline Queenstown12,833 reviewsTake a ride on one of the world's steepest gondolas while you immerse yourself in spectacular panoramic views of Queenstown and the stunning Remarkables mountain range. At the peak, take an exhilarating downhill ride on the Skyline Luge and end your night with a dreamy stargazing experience.
- Milford Sound5,609 reviewsIf you have the luxury of time, an overnight trip to Milford Sound is a must! A five-hour drive from Queenstown, visit during the heavy rainfall months of Dec-Jan to enjoy the cascading waterfalls as you cruise through the Fiordland National Park.
Dig Into Queenstown