Cairns TourismCairns HotelsCairns Bed and BreakfastCairns Vacation RentalsCairns Vacation PackagesFlights to CairnsCairns RestaurantsThings to Do in CairnsCairns ShoppingCairns Travel ForumCairns PhotosCairns MapCairns Travel GuideHotels
All Cairns HotelsCairns Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in CairnsBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingVacation PackagesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor PlusMore
Cairns MotelsCairns CampgroundsCairns HostelsCairns ResortsCairns Beach HotelsCairns Luxury HotelsCairns Spa ResortsCairns Business HotelsCairns CasinosRomantic Hotels in CairnsCairns Green HotelsCairns Family HotelsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Crystalbrook Collection Hotels in CairnsRydges Hotels in CairnsWyndham Hotels in CairnsAccor Hotels in CairnsHilton Hotels in CairnsMantra Hotels in CairnsTop Parks Hotels in CairnsPopular AmenitiesPopular Cairns Categories
Cairns Cheap HotelsBackpacker Hostels in CairnsHotels with Shuttle in CairnsCouples Hotels in CairnsCairns City Center HotelsCairns Hotels with KitchenetteSpa Resorts in CairnsSpa Hotels in CairnsSuite Hotels in CairnsParty Hotels in CairnsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Esplanade BoardwalkHotels near Cairns Botanic GardensHotels near Green IslandHotels near Cairns AquariumHotels near Muddy's PlaygroundHotels near Gallo DairyLandHotels near The Reef Hotel CasinoHotels near Atherton TablelandsHotels near Michaelmas CayHotels near The Australian Armour & Artillery MuseumNear Airports
Cairns Tourism: Best of Cairns
A laid-back city and gateway to Queensland's tropical north
Cairns is the perfect place for passionate divers, adrenaline junkies, and after dark revelers, offering heart-pounding adventure and a booming nightlife scene in a vibrant, tropical setting. The friendly Queensland metropolis is a gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree National Park, and plenty of amazing islands in Queensland's tropical north. Embark on an eco-adventure or take a dip in a lagoon pool before hitting the town to unwind along the Esplanade Boardwalk.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Cairns.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Cairns restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
The Ultimate Friends Trip to Cairns
I lived in Cairns for 7 months in college and I will never forget the experiences I had there. When you're in Australia you have to be open to adventure, trying new foods (there is plenty!) and experieince their great night life. This may be obvious, but, whatever you do, don't miss the GBR.
Emily Brillanti, New York City, NY
- The Woolshed35This was the bar we frequented the most. It gets pretty packed late at night on the weekends, but if you're looking for a lively atmosphere in the evening, into the night, this is a great spot!
- Cairns Boutique Walking Tours3Booze and a fun walking tour, need I say more?
- Rusty's Market423Rusty's is a great place to spend a few hours. There's tons of exotic fruit to try, and the overall people-watching experience is always enjoyable!
- Skypark Cairns by AJ Hackett882I did Bungee twice while I was in Cairns. It is too scary the first time, so you have to go a second time when you can really enjoy the experience. The staff was highly trained and comforting during the entire process! ENJOY!
- Crystal Cascades361If you are able to find some mopeds to rent, it's a great scenic drive up to the cascades. You will likely need a swim once you get there, and the cascades are a great way to cool down!
- Esplanade Boardwalk6,040You can't miss the Esplanade. Take the 2A bus right into town and it drops you off nearby. It's a nice place to watch the boats, and the tides come in. If you are up for some exercise, there are always people running.