Lisbon TourismLisbon HotelsLisbon Bed and BreakfastLisbon Vacation RentalsLisbon Vacation PackagesFlights to LisbonLisbon RestaurantsThings to Do in LisbonLisbon ShoppingLisbon Travel ForumLisbon PhotosLisbon MapLisbon Travel GuideHotels
All Lisbon HotelsLisbon Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in LisbonBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingVacation PackagesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor PlusMore
Lisbon CampgroundsLisbon HostelsRomantic Hotels in LisbonLisbon Beach HotelsLisbon ResortsLisbon Spa ResortsLisbon Green HotelsLisbon Business HotelsLisbon CasinosLisbon Luxury HotelsLisbon Family HotelsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Preferred Hotels & Resorts in LisbonLisbon Heritage Hotels in LisbonEurostars Hotels in LisbonMarriott Hotels in LisbonAccor Hotels in LisbonInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in LisbonHoliday Inns in LisbonHoliday Inns Express in LisbonThe Leading Hotels Of The World in LisbonIbis Styles Hotels in LisbonComfort Hotels in LisbonPortoBay Hotels & Resorts in LisbonSANA Hotels in LisbonHF Hotels in LisbonMoxy Hotels in LisbonPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighborhoods
Chiado & Carmo HotelsEncarnação HotelsSanta Maria dos Olivais HotelsBelém HotelsParque das Nações HotelsGraça & São Vicente HotelsLapa HotelsBaixa, Rossio & Restauradores HotelsHotels near São Vicente de ForaHotels near AnjosPopular Lisbon Categories
Boutique Hotels in LisbonDiscount Hotels in LisbonLisbon Hotels with BalconiesLisbon Heritage HotelsHotels with Shuttle in LisbonLisbon City Center HotelsThemed Hotels in LisbonBoutique Spa Hotels in LisbonHotels With Babysitting in LisbonLisbon Heritage HotelsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Oceanário de LisboaHotels near Torre de BelémHotels near Mosteiro dos JeronimosHotels near Castelo de S. JorgeHotels near Tram 28Hotels near Time Out Market LisboaHotels near AlfamaHotels near Praca do Comercio (Terreiro do Paco)Hotels near Bairro AltoHotels near Padrao dos DescobrimentosNear Train Stations
Hotels near Rossio StationHotels near Santa Apolónia StationHotels near Terreiro do Paço StationHotels near Lisboa Rossio StationHotels near RestauradoresHotels near Baixa-Chiado StationHotels near Baixa/ChiadoHotels near Cais do Sodré StationHotels near Martim Moniz StationHotels near Intendente StationNear AirportsNear Colleges
Hotels near Instituto Superior de Psicologia AplicadaHotels near University AbertaHotels near Universidade Aberta LisboaHotels near IADEHotels near Universidade LusiadaHotels near Universidade Nova de LisboaHotels near Universidade Tecnica de LisboaHotels near University of LisbonHotels near Catholic University of PortugalHotels near Instituto Politecnico de Lisboa
Lisbon Tourism: Best of Lisbon
European splendor, under the radar
Nestled among seven hills, this immensely walkable city offers an enchanting alternative to Europe’s more popular capitals. With a lively nightlife scene, festive markets, and vibrant museums, Lisbon provides plenty of options to burn off a few mandatory glasses of Porto, a generous serving of bacalhau, and days’ worth of pastéis de nata.
Read the guide
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Lisbon.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Lisbon restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
Lisbon for Design-Lovers
Here's one for my fellow art and design fanatics: These are the sites that will make your hearts leap. Their bold visuals will spark your imagination—and probably several Instagram posts.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- Embaixada210Come for the 19th-century, neo-Arabian architecture. Stay for the concept shops and boutiques.
- Museu Nacional do Azulejo4,256Lisbon is heaven for ceramic-lovers. Do a deep-dive into the medium here and learn why it's so central to Portuguese culture.
- LX Factory2,502An only-in-Lisbon venue, this former industrial complex dating to the 1800s is now a hotbed of showrooms, design shops, and pure creativity.
- Calouste Gulbenkian Museum8,482Lisbon's answer to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, this museum offers a sweeping collection from the 20th century back to Egyptian Art.
- Lisbon Street Art Tours461Big, bold, vibrant—Lisbon's street art is everywhere, if you know where to look, and this tour will introduce you to these public artworks.
- Museu do Oriente274Surprise! Lisbon isn't just a haven of European art, it also has this phenomenal collection of Asian art. Don't miss the on-site restaurant.