What is Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best?
This award is our highest recognition and is presented annually to those businesses that are the Best of the Best on Tripadvisor, those that earn excellent reviews from travelers and are ranked in the top 1% of properties worldwide.Learn more
Lisbon TourismLisbon HotelsLisbon Bed and BreakfastLisbon Vacation RentalsFlights to LisbonLisbon RestaurantsThings to Do in LisbonLisbon Travel ForumLisbon PhotosLisbon MapLisbon Travel GuideHotels
All Lisbon HotelsLisbon Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in LisbonBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsTravel StoriesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor PlusMore
Lisbon CampgroundsLisbon HostelsLisbon Spa ResortsLisbon Green HotelsLisbon CasinosLisbon Beach HotelsLisbon ResortsLisbon Family HotelsRomantic Hotels in LisbonLisbon Luxury HotelsLisbon Business HotelsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Ibis Styles Hotels in LisbonAccor Hotels in LisbonHoliday Inns in LisbonPortoBay Hotels & Resorts in LisbonSANA Hotels in LisbonComfort Hotels in LisbonHoliday Inns Express in LisbonLisbon Heritage Hotels in LisbonMoxy Hotels in LisbonMarriott Hotels in LisbonInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in LisbonHF Hotels in LisbonPreferred Hotels & Resorts in LisbonEurostars Hotels in LisbonThe Leading Hotels Of The World in LisbonPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighborhoods
Graça & São Vicente HotelsLapa HotelsChiado & Carmo HotelsBairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodré HotelsCastelo, Alfama & Mouraria HotelsEncarnação HotelsBelém HotelsSanta Maria dos Olivais HotelsHotels near AnjosHotels near Penha de FrançaPopular Lisbon Categories
Boutique Hotels in LisbonDiscount Hotels in LisbonLisbon Hotels with BalconiesLisbon Heritage HotelsHotels with Shuttle in LisbonLisbon City Center HotelsLisbon Cruise Port HotelsLisbon Modern HotelsLisbon Hotels with KitchenetteLisbon Clean HotelsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Oceanário de LisboaHotels near Torre de BelémHotels near Mosteiro dos JeronimosHotels near Castelo de S. JorgeHotels near Tram 28Hotels near Time Out Market LisboaHotels near AlfamaHotels near Praca do Comercio (Terreiro do Paco)Hotels near Bairro AltoHotels near Padrao dos DescobrimentosNear Train Stations
Hotels near Baixa-Chiado StationHotels near Baixa/ChiadoHotels near Terreiro do Paço StationHotels near Cais do Sodré StationHotels near Barreiro StationHotels near Lavradio StationHotels near Moita StationHotels near Baixa Da Banheira StationHotels near Alhos Vedros StationHotels near Coina StationNear AirportsNear Colleges
Hotels near Instituto Superior de Psicologia AplicadaHotels near University AbertaHotels near Universidade Aberta LisboaHotels near Universidade Nova de LisboaHotels near Universidade Tecnica de LisboaHotels near University of LisbonHotels near Catholic University of PortugalHotels near Instituto Politecnico de LisboaHotels near IADEHotels near Universidade LusiadaPopular Hotel Categories
Lisbon Tourism: Best of Lisbon
European splendor, under the radar
Nestled among seven hills, this immensely walkable city offers an enchanting alternative to Europe’s more popular capitals. With a lively nightlife scene, festive markets, and vibrant museums, Lisbon provides plenty of options to burn off a few mandatory glasses of Porto, a generous serving of bacalhau, and days’ worth of pastéis de nata.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Lisbon.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Lisbon restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
Lisbon for Design-Lovers
Here's one for my fellow art and design fanatics: These are the sites that will make your hearts leap. Their bold visuals will spark your imagination—and probably several Instagram posts.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- Embaixada214Come for the 19th-century, neo-Arabian architecture. Stay for the concept shops and boutiques.
- Museu Nacional do Azulejo4,361Lisbon is heaven for ceramic-lovers. Do a deep-dive into the medium here and learn why it's so central to Portuguese culture.
- LX Factory2,651An only-in-Lisbon venue, this former industrial complex dating to the 1800s is now a hotbed of showrooms, design shops, and pure creativity.
- Calouste Gulbenkian Museum8,559Lisbon's answer to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, this museum offers a sweeping collection from the 20th century back to Egyptian Art.
- Cortico & Netos5Take a little piece of Lisbon home with you in this tile shop that carries a dizzying array of Portuguese patterns you won't find anywhere else.
- Lisbon Street Art Tours570Big, bold, vibrant—Lisbon's street art is everywhere, if you know where to look, and this tour will introduce you to these public artworks.
- Museu do Oriente282Surprise! Lisbon isn't just a haven of European art, it also has this phenomenal collection of Asian art. Don't miss the on-site restaurant.
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Lisbon
Lisbon Is Known For...
Must-eat pastéis de nata
Fado after dark
Frequently Asked Questions about Lisbon
- We recommend staying at one of the most popular hotels in Lisbon, which include:
- Some of the most popular restaurants in Lisbon include:
- Lisbon is known for some of its popular attractions, which include:
- We recommend checking out these popular tours when looking for something to do in Lisbon:
- If you're a more budget-conscious traveler, then you may want to consider traveling to Lisbon between September and November, when hotel prices are generally the lowest. Peak hotel prices generally start between March and May.