Rome TourismRome HotelsRome Bed and BreakfastRome Vacation RentalsRome Vacation PackagesFlights to RomeRome RestaurantsThings to Do in RomeRome ShoppingRome Travel ForumRome PhotosRome MapRome Travel GuideHotels
All Rome HotelsRome Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in RomeBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingVacation PackagesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor PlusMore
Rome MotelsRome HostelsRome CampgroundsRome ResortsRome Business HotelsRome Green HotelsRome Family HotelsRome Luxury HotelsRomantic Hotels in RomeRome Spa ResortsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Mercure Hotels in RomeThe Leading Hotels Of The World in RomeNH Hotels in RomeBarcelo Hotels & Resorts in RomeHilton Hotels in RomeC-Hotels in RomeB&B Hotels in RomeRocco Forte Hotels in RomeSheraton Hotels in RomeChoice Hotels in RomeAccor Hotels in RomeMarriott Hotels in RomeInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in RomeHoliday Inns in RomeExe Hotels in RomePopular AmenitiesPopular Neighborhoods
La Giustiniana HotelsGrottarossa HotelsMezzocammino HotelsBalduina HotelsAventino HotelsAurelio HotelsTorre Spaccata HotelsSant' Eustachio HotelsPopular Rome Categories
Boutique Hotels in RomeBudget Hotels in RomeCouples Hotels in RomeCheap Rome HostelsRome Hotels with BalconiesRome City Center HotelsAll Inclusive Hotels in RomeHoneymoon Resorts in RomeRome Golf ResortsQuiet Resorts in RomeNear Landmarks
Hotels near ColosseumHotels near Trevi FountainHotels near PantheonHotels near Piazza NavonaHotels near Palatine HillHotels near Roman ForumHotels near Spanish StepsHotels near Galleria BorgheseHotels near TrastevereHotels near Basilica di Santa Maria MaggioreNear Train Stations
Hotels near Cavour StationHotels near Vittorio Emanuele StationHotels near Roma Termini StationHotels near Manzoni – Museo della LiberazioneHotels near Manzoni - Museo della Liberazione StationHotels near San GiovanniHotels near San Giovanni StationHotels near Re di Roma StationHotels near ColosseoHotels near Fori Imperiali-ColosseoNear Airports
Hotels near Fiumicino Airport (FCO)Hotels near Ciampino Airport (CIA)Motels near Ciampino Airport (CIA)Motels near Fiumicino Airport (FCO)Near Colleges
Hotels near Pontifical University AntonianumHotels near Pontifcia Universitas LateranensisHotels near Roma Tre UniversityHotels near University of Roma "La Sapienza"Hotels near Free International University of Social StudiesHotels near Guido Carli Free International University for Social StudiesHotels near John Cabot UniversityHotels near American University of RomeHotels near Ateneo Pontificio Regina ApostolorumHotels near Campus Bio-Medico University of Rome
Rome Tourism: Best of Rome
Ancient sights with modern style, the Eternal City continues to shine
The sprawling city of Rome remains one of the most significant stops in the world, thanks to its seamless blend of Old World wonders and modern delights. The ruins of the Colosseum, her iconic fountains, lazy wanders through cobblestone streets with gelato in hand: All this and more beckon. Rome is a winding, spectacular city full of places to discover.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Rome.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Rome restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
Gelato for days
I used to think the mini-shovels they serve gelato with were to help with portion control. Don't be fooled. It's a mini-shovel for a reason. Avoid those tourist traps — and neon-colored, ice crystal covered scoops — with my top spots to dig in to real gelato in Rome. Don't forget the lactaid.
Jess Carei, Brooklyn, NY
- Otaleg853Yes, it's gelato spelled backwards, but there is nothing backwards about this off-the-beaten path, natural gelato shop. Make the trek out to a residential neighborhood to witness the gelato making process first hand. Then treat yourself to their savory flavors. Mustard anyone?
- Gelateria dei Gracchi1,724You may have to wait on line at the original location of this small Roman chain. Go for the seasonal flavors here. For your lactose-intolerant companions (I am so sorry), they offer really great zero milk flavors. Don't sleep on the bon bons!
- Fiordiluna751My personal favorite here is the duetto of hazelnut and pistachio. Apparently this flavor is the result of a happy accident? The owner dropped some hazelnuts into the pistacchio gelato. Say it with me. P-stack-ee-oo.
- Il Gelato di San Crispino3,027If you are doing an Eat, Pray, Love thing, you cannot miss this spot. Literally. This teeny spot was featured in the novel and the Julia Roberts flick. Go for the honey, money.
- Fatamorgana788Lots of wonderful, whimsical flavors at this chain — head to the one in Travestere. One flavor called Thumbelina has walnuts, rose petals, violet leaves. Another one, Thought, ginger, horseradish, lemon peel, and pink grapefruit. Zing!
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Rome
Dig Into Rome
Stories, tips, and guides