Tenerife Tourism: Best of Tenerife
Trending in the forums
- By fpalmtree18 replies
- By cccccddddd44 replies
- By John E.21 replies
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Tenerife
Tenerife Is Great For
Getting out on the water
Scenic wineries and vineyards
Monumental architectural landmarks
Travelers' pro tips for experiencing Tenerife
In the words of those who've been there before ...
What is the best way to get there?
There are two airports on Tenerife, Tenerife South (Reina Sofia) near Los Cristianos and Tenerife North (Los Rodeos) by La Laguna. Buses connect the airports to the main cities.
Do I need a visa?
If you’re visiting Tenerife from overseas, check here to find out if you need a visa.
When is the best time to visit?
Spring. Tenerife’s warm climate makes it an attractive destination all year round. Easter and summer are the busiest times, due to families taking advantage of the school break, so if you want fewer crowds, aim for spring or fall. Spring temperatures are typically in the low and sit somewhere around 70 Fahrenheit (21.1 Celsius).
Having your own vehicle is ideal for getting to the more remote corners of the region. There are a number of rental companies on the island, or, for the best price, book before you leave home.
TITSA, the island’s public transport system is cheap and reliable. If you plan to make multiple trips, it's worth buying a plastic Ten+ Travel Card, which gives you discounted fares on almost all bus routes. You have to swipe your card when you board and when you get off. The same card can be used by several users.
More information here.
Taxis are plentiful, safe, and reliable. You can hail them on the street or call ahead.
Are there local customs I should know?
- We recommend staying at one of the most popular hotels in Tenerife, which include:
- Some of the most popular restaurants in Tenerife include:
- Tenerife is known for some of its popular attractions, which include:
- We recommend checking out these popular tours when looking for something to do in Tenerife:
- If you're a more budget-conscious traveler, then you may want to consider traveling to Tenerife between March and May, when hotel prices are generally the lowest. Peak hotel prices generally start between June and August.