What is Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best?
This award is our highest recognition and is presented annually to those businesses that are the Best of the Best on Tripadvisor, those that earn excellent reviews from travelers and are ranked in the top 1% of properties worldwide.Learn more
Paris TourismParis HotelsParis Bed and BreakfastParis Vacation RentalsFlights to ParisParis RestaurantsThings to Do in ParisParis Travel ForumParis PhotosParis MapParis Travel GuideHotels
All Paris HotelsParis Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in ParisBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsTravel StoriesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor PlusMore
Paris MotelsParis HostelsParis CampgroundsRomantic Hotels in ParisParis Green HotelsParis ResortsParis Luxury HotelsParis Family HotelsParis Business HotelsParis Spa ResortsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Ibis Styles Hotels in ParisGolden Tulip Hotels in ParisHoliday Inns in ParisRelais & Châteaux Hotels in ParisCurio Collection by Hilton Hotels in ParisEsprit de France Hotels in ParisCitadines Apart Hotels in ParisInwood Hotels in ParisKyriad Hotels in ParisAdagio Hotels in Parisibis Hotels in ParisB&B Hotels in ParisMelia Hotels in ParisLouvre Hotels in ParisHilton Hotels in ParisPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighborhoods
Épinettes HotelsSaint Victor HotelsSaint-Germain-l'Auxerrois HotelsSaint-Fargeau HotelsSaint-Merri HotelsCharonne Hotels20th Arr. - Ménilmontant HotelsLes Halles HotelsPopular Paris Categories
Paris Apartment HotelsBoutique Hotels in ParisParis Cheap HotelsCheap Paris HostelsParis Hotels with BalconiesSuite Hotels in ParisBoutique Spa Hotels in ParisHotels With Babysitting in ParisParis Golf HotelsParis Hot Tub Suite HotelsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Eiffel TowerHotels near Louvre MuseumHotels near Cathédrale Notre-Dame de ParisHotels near Musée d'OrsayHotels near Arc de TriompheHotels near Basilique du Sacre-Coeur de MontmartreHotels near Luxembourg GardensHotels near Sainte-ChapelleHotels near Seine RiverHotels near Champs-ElyseesNear Train Stations
Hotels near Châtelet StationHotels near Cité StationHotels near Saint-Michel StationHotels near St-Michel – Notre-DameHotels near Saint-Michel – Notre-DameHotels near Saint-Michel Notre-Dame StationHotels near Hôtel de VilleHotels near Pont Marie StationHotels near Saint-Paul StationHotels near Cluny - La Sorbonne StationNear Airports
Hotels near Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG)Hotels near Orly Field (ORY)Hotels near Beauvais-Tille Airport (BVA)Motels near Orly Field (ORY)Motels near Beauvais-Tille Airport (BVA)Motels near Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG)Near Colleges
Hotels near Paris-Sorbonne UniversityHotels near Pantheon-Sorbonne UniversityHotels near Ecole Normale Superieure de ParisHotels near Centre de Formation et de Perfectionnement des JournalistesHotels near ESCP EuropeHotels near Catholic University of ParisHotels near Mines ParisTechHotels near American Graduate School in ParisHotels near Institut Superieure d'Electronique de ParisHotels near Paris Descartes UniversityPopular Hotel Categories
Paris Tourism: Best of Paris
Paris has a reputation for being the ultimate romantic getaway. But what visitors really swoon over is the city itself. Those grand stone and wrought-iron buildings, the sidewalks brimming with cozy cafés, and the Seine’s curving riverbanks are downright cinematic. But the city’s charms go beyond looks. The culinary scene creates an endless list of must-eat French dishes—rich and hearty coq au vin, golden buttery croissants. It’s also worth trying modern fusion and inventive international food here. (Trust us, the city’s falafel is outstanding.) And the spirit of Paris invites ducking down side streets, lingering in museums, and exploring mazes of shops. At the end of the day, head to the Champ-de-Mars to get uninterrupted views of the Eiffel Tower as it glitters into the night.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Paris.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Paris bistros, bars, and beyond.See all
Look beyond the Louvre! Under-the-radar museums
Paris is a city of delights, one of which is the proliferation of fascinating museums that fly under most tourists' radars. Here are a handful of gems - some big, some small, but all interesting and off the beaten path.
Neil N, New York City, NY
- Musee de la Chasse et de la Nature361A celebration of the hunt. Taxidermy, antique firearms, and more juxtaposed with rotating modern art exhibits. One of my favorite museums on Earth.
- Maison de Victor Hugo688Step into the home of a literary giant, and enjoy the picturesque square on which it sits.
- Musee De Cluny2,926Come for the Lady and the Unicorn. But take a minute to soak in the fact that in this museum you're literally walking through time. The amazing collection of Medieval artifacts sits atop Roman ruins. A very visceral sense of how deep Paris's history runs.
- National Museum of Natural History1,329The museum is great fun, and is situated adjacent to the zoo and a sprawling botanical park. Pro tip: Get lunch at La Mosquee de Paris - Aux Portes de l'Orient, across the street from the museum and adjacent to the mosque. Excellent Moroccan food, enchanting atmosphere.
- Musee de la Poupee89A treat for serious doll enthusiasts, sure - but also a genuinely interesting stop for those who are inspired by others' offbeat passions.
- Musée des Egouts40A museum about all things Parisian sewers. Pro tip? Prep for your visit by reading Hugo's Les Miserables, in which the sewers of Paris feature prominently!
- Musee des Arts et Metiers1,165The French have a long, proud heritage of engineering and scientific accomplishment. This museum is a delightful celebration of that legacy.
- Palais de Tokyo629Contemporary art that pushes boundaries ... if you're looking to be challenged and think differently, check it out.
- Albert Kahn Musee et Jardins611The gardens here highlight different garden styles -- French, English, Japanese, with many travelers remarking the Japanese feels like stepping into Tokyo. Viva Japonisme!
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Paris
Paris Is Known For...
Food halls, shops, and market streets for food lovers
Perfect Parisian pâtisseries
Splendid green spaces
Cocktail dens for after dark
Frequently Asked Questions about Paris
- We recommend staying at one of the most popular hotels in Paris, which include:
- Some of the most popular restaurants in Paris include:
- Paris is known for some of its popular attractions, which include:
- We recommend checking out these popular tours when looking for something to do in Paris:
- If you're a more budget-conscious traveler, then you may want to consider traveling to Paris between December and February, when hotel prices are generally the lowest. Peak hotel prices generally start between March and May.