Bournemouth TourismBournemouth HotelsBournemouth Bed and BreakfastBournemouth Vacation RentalsBournemouth Vacation PackagesFlights to BournemouthBournemouth RestaurantsThings to Do in BournemouthBournemouth ShoppingBournemouth Travel ForumBournemouth PhotosBournemouth MapBournemouth Travel GuideHotels
All Bournemouth HotelsBournemouth Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in BournemouthBy Hotel TypeThings to doRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingVacation PackagesCruisesRental Cars
Bournemouth HostelsBournemouth Spa ResortsBournemouth Business HotelsBournemouth ResortsBournemouth Beach HotelsBournemouth Luxury HotelsBournemouth Family HotelsRomantic Hotels in BournemouthBournemouth Green HotelsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Britannia Hotels in BournemouthTravelodge Hotels Ltd in BournemouthPremier Inns in BournemouthHilton Hotels in BournemouthBest Western Hotels in BournemouthWyndham Hotels in BournemouthOYO Hotels in BournemouthPopular AmenitiesPopular NeighborhoodsPopular Bournemouth Categories
Budget Hotels in BournemouthDesign Hotels in BournemouthBournemouth Downtown HotelsBournemouth Hotels with Hot TubsBournemouth Hotels with BalconiesLuxury Spa Hotels in BournemouthBoutique Spa Hotels in BournemouthBournemouth Luxury Boutique HotelsHotels with Nightclubs in BournemouthHotels with Villas in BournemouthNear Landmarks
Hotels near Bournemouth BeachHotels near OceanariumHotels near Hengistbury Head BeachHotels near Bournemouth PierHotels near Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & MuseumHotels near Lower GardensHotels near Bournemouth International CentreHotels near Marvo Mysteries Escape Room BournemouthHotels near The SquareHotels near U-EscapeNear Train Stations
Hotels near Poole StationHotels near Parkstone StationHotels near Hamworthy StationHotels near Branksome StationHotels near Bournemouth StationHotels near Christchurch StationHotels near Hinton Admiral StationHotels near New Milton StationHotels near Holton Heath StationHotels near Harmans Cross StationNear Airports
Hotels near Eastleigh Airport (SOU)Hotels near Bournebouth Intl Airport (BOH)Motels near Bournebouth Intl Airport (BOH)Motels near Eastleigh Airport (SOU)Near Colleges
Bournemouth Tourism: Best of Bournemouth
Bournemouth’s seven miles of beach and exceptionally warm microclimate make it a favorite of U.K. travelers. There’s something for everyone here, whether you’re a watersports fanatic (try surfing lessons!) or just want to let your kids splash around in the calm waters. For a traditional Bournemouth vacation, rent a classic beach hut.
Start planning for Bournemouth
Create a Trip to save and organize all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.
From the Forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Bournemouth
A Beach-Lover's Guide to Bournemouth
This charming seaside town is every beach bum’s dream come true, with golden shores galore, crystal-clear waters and lots of activities to do in between. Here's my Bournemouth beach guide—from one beach-lover to another!
Ting, Singapore, Singapore
- Bournemouth Beach8,679 reviewsStart with the main star, Bournemouth Beach, where you can frolic in soft sand and splash in cool waters. If you fancy an icy treat, Giggi Gelateria is only a 10-min walk away!
- Alum Chine Beach405 reviewsThe Alum Chine Beach is a 20-minute walk away from Bournemouth Pier. It's quieter than buzzing Bournemouth Beach and also has a designated kid's play area, making it perfect for beach-loving families. Alum Chine and Alum Chine Tropical Gardens are also just a short walk away where you can get closer to nature and meet a new squirrel friend.
- Hengistbury Head Beach2,278 reviewsFeaturing pebble and stone sand, this beach is not for the sandcastle enthusiast but more for those who just wanna lay on a mat and lounge the day away. Tip: BYO cocktail and snacks!
- Southbourne Beach211 reviewsAnother beautiful Bournemouth beach which is generally quieter and less crowded. Grab a cuppa from one of the cafes nearby and stroll along the cliff promenade to enjoy the ocean view. You'll also find colourful beach huts for hire (or just as a cute photo backdrop!).
- Mudeford Sandbank Beach71 reviewsLocated a little further beyond Hengistbury Head Beach is a hidden gem—Mudeford Sandbank Beach. Enjoy a long walk by the shore lined with pretty little beach huts and stay to catch the sunset!
- Bournemouth Big Wheel58 reviewsMake postcard-perfect memories from 100 feet high on this giant Ferris wheel. You'll get a bird's eye view of the beach, pier and of course, a stunning panoramic view of the North Sea.
- The Coastal Activity Park47 reviewsFor those that consider themselves a part-time beach-lover, part-time adrenaline junkie, this activity zone lets you indulge in both with exercise areas, ball games and even spots to try bouldering.
- Boscombe Pier453 reviewsYou'll find Boscombe Pier just beside the coastal activity area. The pier is known to be a great fishing spot, so bring your gear!
- The Polar Bear on the Isle of Wight32 reviewsNot a beach, but visible from the beach... See if you can spot the famous polar bear optical illusion on the Isle of Wight from where you are at! PS: People say that it's best viewed from the cliff atop Southbourne beach!
- RockReef Adventure Activity Attraction1,019 reviewsFor a dose of exhilaration, head to Bournemouth Pier to try out RockReef, a colourful indoor rock climbing park. There's also the PierZip attraction, where you can zip-line from pier to shore.
Dig Into Bournemouth