Explore Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains TourismBlue Mountains HotelsBlue Mountains Bed and BreakfastBlue Mountains Vacation RentalsFlights to Blue MountainsBlue Mountains RestaurantsThings to Do in Blue MountainsBlue Mountains Travel ForumBlue Mountains PhotosBlue Mountains MapBlue Mountains Travel GuideHotels
All Blue Mountains HotelsBlue Mountains Hotel DealsBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsTravel StoriesCruisesRental CarsTripadvisor PlusMore
Blue Mountains MotelsBlue Mountains HostelsBlue Mountains CampgroundsRomantic Hotels in Blue MountainsBlue Mountains Business HotelsBlue Mountains Green HotelsBlue Mountains Luxury HotelsBlue Mountains Spa ResortsBlue Mountains ResortsBlue Mountains Family HotelsBy Hotel ClassPopular AmenitiesPopular Blue Mountains Categories
Boutique Hotels in Blue MountainsSpa Resorts in Blue MountainsSpa Hotels in Blue MountainsBlue Mountains Heritage HotelsBoutique Resorts in Blue MountainsThemed Hotels in Blue MountainsCouples Hotels in Blue MountainsRomantic Resorts in Blue MountainsBoutique Spa Hotels in Blue MountainsLuxury Spa Hotels in Blue MountainsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Scenic World Blue MountainsHotels near The Three SistersHotels near Blue MountainsHotels near Echo Point LookoutHotels near Wentworth Falls LookoutHotels near Govetts LeapHotels near The Giant StairwayHotels near The Blue Mountains Botanic GardenHotels near Leura CascadesHotels near Mayfield GardenNear Airports
Hotels near Sydney Airport (SYD)Hotels near Raglan Airport (BHS)Motels near Raglan Airport (BHS)Motels near Sydney Airport (SYD)Near Colleges
Blue Mountains Tourism: Best of Blue Mountains
About Blue Mountains
The Blue Mountains are named for the delicate azure haze that lingers along the region, which is actually a fine cloud of oil emitted by eucalyptus trees. The mystical mountains are a labyrinth of plateaus, gorges and gum trees. Check out the Katoomba Scenic Railway (the steepest railway in the world), the Jenolan Caves and the Giant Staircase nature walk.
Essential Blue Mountains
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.See all
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.See all
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.See all
A Blue Mountains Trip for First-Timers
Are you new to the bushwalking trails, waterfalls, and eucalyptus trees of Blue Mountains? Here's a quick guide on the must-see attractions that make this area so magical.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- Govetts Leap633Another sweeping lookout point. This one gives you a bird's-eye view of the valley and Bridal Veil Falls.
- Everglades House & Gardens397Not everything in Blue Mountains is wild, rambling countryside. This gorgeous property gives a genteel, manicured version of nature. Stroll the themed gardens and finish your visit with a trip to the property's tea house. Pinkies up!
- Echo Point Lookout1,688A scenic overview with the very best views of Katoomba. You'll also get a closeup of the "Three Sisters" rock formation here, perfect for a photo op.
- Grand Canyon track112A bucket-list walking trail, the Grand Canyon track passes waterfalls, creeks, and majestic sandstone walls. It's one of the most popular walks in the area and a great intro to everything Blue Mountains has to offer.
- Scenic World Blue Mountains4,876Kick off your adventure with this high-adrenaline spot. Chug down the steepest railway, walk over a suspended glass-floored walkway, and gaze out over clifftop views.
- Blue Mountains Chocolate Company248Refuel with a hot chocolate—or grab a few sweet treats as souvenirs for your loved ones back home.
Trending in the forums
- By dreamersball13 replies
- By sem2114 replies