Explore Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains TourismBlue Mountains HotelsBlue Mountains Bed and BreakfastBlue Mountains Vacation RentalsBlue Mountains Vacation PackagesFlights to Blue MountainsBlue Mountains RestaurantsThings to Do in Blue MountainsBlue Mountains ShoppingBlue Mountains Travel ForumBlue Mountains PhotosBlue Mountains MapBlue Mountains Travel GuideHotels
All Blue Mountains HotelsBlue Mountains Hotel DealsBy Hotel TypeThings to doRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingVacation PackagesCruisesRental Cars
Blue Mountains MotelsBlue Mountains CampgroundsBlue Mountains HostelsBlue Mountains ResortsBlue Mountains Business HotelsBlue Mountains Family HotelsRomantic Hotels in Blue MountainsBlue Mountains Beach HotelsBlue Mountains Ski-In / Ski-Out HotelsBlue Mountains Green HotelsBlue Mountains CasinosBlue Mountains Luxury HotelsBlue Mountains Spa ResortsBy Hotel ClassPopular Amenities
Blue Mountains Hotels with PoolsPet Friendly Hotels in Blue MountainsBlue Mountains Hotels with Free ParkingPopular Blue Mountains Categories
Boutique Hotels in Blue MountainsSpa Resorts in Blue MountainsSpa Hotels in Blue MountainsBlue Mountains Heritage HotelsBoutique Resorts in Blue MountainsThemed Hotels in Blue MountainsCouples Hotels in Blue MountainsRomantic Resorts in Blue MountainsBoutique Spa Hotels in Blue MountainsLuxury Spa Hotels in Blue MountainsNear LandmarksNear Train StationsNear Airports
Hotels near Sydney Airport (SYD)Hotels near Raglan Airport (BHS)Motels near Raglan Airport (BHS)Motels near Sydney Airport (SYD)Near Colleges
Blue Mountains Tourism: Best of Blue Mountains
About Blue Mountains
The Blue Mountains are named for the delicate azure haze that lingers along the region, which is actually a fine cloud of oil emitted by eucalyptus trees. The mystical mountains are a labyrinth of plateaus, gorges and gum trees. Check out the Katoomba Scenic Railway (the steepest railway in the world), the Jenolan Caves and the Giant Staircase nature walk.
Start planning for Blue Mountains
Create a Trip to save and organize all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Essential Blue Mountains
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.
From the Forums
A Blue Mountains Trip for First-Timers
Are you new to the bushwalking trails, waterfalls, and eucalyptus trees of Blue Mountains? Here's a quick guide on the must-see attractions that make this area so magical.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- Govetts Leap614 reviewsAnother sweeping lookout point. This one gives you a bird's-eye view of the valley and Bridal Veil Falls.
- Everglades Historic House and Gardens378 reviewsNot everything in Blue Mountains is wild, rambling countryside. This gorgeous property gives a genteel, manicured version of nature. Stroll the themed gardens and finish your visit with a trip to the property's tea house. Pinkies up!
- Jenolan CavesReady for an underground adventure? Jenolan Caves, a honeycomb of limestone caverns, shows another side to the area's natural beauty.
- Echo Point Lookout1,655 reviewsA scenic overview with the very best views of Katoomba. You'll also get a closeup of the "Three Sisters" rock formation here, perfect for a photo op.
- Grand Canyon track105 reviewsA bucket-list walking trail, the Grand Canyon track passes waterfalls, creeks, and majestic sandstone walls. It's one of the most popular walks in the area and a great intro to everything Blue Mountains has to offer.
- Scenic World Blue Mountains4,745 reviewsKick off your adventure with this high-adrenaline spot. Chug down the steepest railway, walk over a suspended glass-floored walkway, and gaze out over clifftop views.
- Blue Mountains Chocolate Company235 reviewsRefuel with a hot chocolate—or grab a few sweet treats as souvenirs for your loved ones back home.
Dig Into Blue Mountains