“The Clive Restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Bromfield
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 15 En-suite bedrooms situated in period outbuildings tastefully converted to provide contemporary accommodation. Bedrooms are very well equipped and some suitable for families. With an emphasis on fresh local produce the Clive Restaurant is renowned for locally sourced food, two AA Rosettes and entries in the Good Food and Michelin Guide. The Bar offers less formal dining and lighter menu. Located in Bromfield just 2 miles north of Ludlow with ample parking.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Excellent fine dining venue - good size portions, reasonably priced good wine selection. Slightly lacking in atmosphere but worth a visit for the food.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Whilst on holiday in the area, we followed recommendations from previous visitors and booked for dinner at The Clive Restaurant. There is a bar menu as well but we didn't try that. The restaurant has a nice informal atmosphere. Staff were attentive and the food was excellent. My husband and I both opted for 3 courses! Two is probably enough but as we both have a sweet tooth we decided we just had to try the desserts. The food is beautifully presented, tasty and unless you have a huge appetite, just right in quantity and there is a reasonable choice for all courses. We enjoyed our evening so much, we returned a few days later for dinner, this time opting for the special offer menu (voucher received at the restaurant after the first dinner). The was very good value with 2 courses for £12 but I think it is for subsequent visits which worked for us. It was rather quiet on our second visit as it was a Sunday evening but still a comfortable and pleasant experience. We will definitely return if in the area again.

1  Thank JAM60
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The venue is very smart, if a little strange in that when you enter the main door, you have to walk through the restaurant to the bar for pre dinner drinks. There were 4 in our party and two sent main courses back as the duck and the monkfish was under cooked. It took some time to get a waiters attention but they did put it right in the end.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I met my parents here today having been to the cafe at the food centre and found is very over priced and disappointing so we though we would give the Clive a go!

The Sunday menu was a great mix of roasts and a good variety of other meals. I was pleased about this as I am not a massive fan of roasts. I opted for the fish and chips. The fish was a giant one! A little too big but was gorgeous. The batter was tasty and plenty of fresh white meat and the chips were home made and very tasty. There lovely surprise was the home made tartar sauce! Yummy!

My parents both had ham, egg and chips. My father said the ham was the nicest he has ever had and he likes his ham! He said it was perfect and not at all salty.

While we were there a gentleman had what seemed to be a heart attack. I thought he was going to die! His lady friend would not let us call an ambulance. I fear for his life and pray that he did not have another bigger one later.

The staff were very kind and attentive. Great service!

Worth a visit if you are passing Ludlow and hungry!

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

A nice evening with good food and a fair price for the standard of food served. Drinks were particularly well priced for a restaurant of this type. Only complaint was that the bar staff completely ignored us until the manager asked if we were being served and told one of the bar staff to serve us