“Lovely atmosphere”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Bromfield
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 15 En-suite bedrooms situated in period outbuildings tastefully converted to provide contemporary accommodation. Bedrooms are very well equipped and some suitable for families. With an emphasis on fresh local produce the Clive Restaurant is renowned for locally sourced food, two AA Rosettes and entries in the Good Food and Michelin Guide. The Bar offers less formal dining and lighter menu. Located in Bromfield just 2 miles north of Ludlow with ample parking.
Rhayader, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had lunch today at the Clive. Have been before but not eaten in their bar area. The food was good and the atmosphere warm and inviting with a lovely open log fire at the one end of the room. Plenty of choice on the menu was not overpriced.

I was surprised to see how busy it was for a Monday but thinking about this it may be because many of the restaurants in competition do not open on a Monday.

Birmingham
“An Enjoyable Experience”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was visiting the area with my wife and elderly parents and wanted lunch that was above normal pub fare - I was not disappointed and all of my party commented on the quality of the food provided and the attentive staff.
Our order covered four different main courses and sweets; all were well presented, the ingredients were carefully chosen, correctly prepared and the results were excellent.
The prices were in line with a quality restaurant and the relaxed atmosphere means I will be returning when I am next in the area.

Bewdley, United Kingdom
“Nice enough lunch”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I would rate this restaurant 3.5 stars. My other half and I had lunch here - attractive venue, good service, food was nice enough but nothing special - butternut squash risotto starter was below par - really under seasoned with large hard pieces of squash in it. Main course of beef with vegetables was much better though still under seasoned - beef was very good quality and tender. My desert of coffee trio was so rich and sickly that I couldn't even eat a third of it. My other half's apple tart was much better. The wine was good.

A pleasant enough lunch but would not rush back.

• Visited February 2013
“Overpriced mediocre food served up with the worst service we've ever had”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've never felt strong enough to write a review before...
We were sat in a room by ourselves by our waitress who didn't once look at us as she spoke to us but looked out of the window clearly disinterested and waiting to clock off. Couldn't be more evident than when she asked if there was anything else and we asked for the bill... Next thing we know she's got her coat on and is walking by the same window she's been staring out of.
They also cleared everything off of all of the tables in the restaurant around us as we finished off.
Steak was well done when I asked for medium rare. Not good enough for a £16+ steak
All in all a terrible experience

Ludlow, United Kingdom
“1st class food at it`s best!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Nothing to dislike as very very nice indeed !Great service and the food is very well presented and tastes just mmm mmmmmm!

Visited February 2013