We arrived at The Clive in the pouring rain having been to a wedding rehearsal to be met with my very angry BM seething that her room had been cancelled without her permission. The staff were a little dismissive of the issue initially, scuttling to and from the Office and not really saying much and i was shocked at their lack of an apology as they apportioned blame to the wedding party having changed a few times however, they eventually rectified the issue by switching us all around - not ideal and would have liked the courtesy of an apology but never mind. I would argue that this is a faulton the part of the office staff and not the desk staff who bore the forfront of a very tired soggy gaggle of girls!
Myself, the Videogropher and a BM shared a family room following being switched round. It was spacious and contemporary with big beams in both rooms. There were lots of treats in the fridge though these were a little pricey and cheaper in the food Centre opposite. The bathroom had underfloor heating and there were two seperate rooms one twin and one double linked by the corridor to the bathroom. Althought the room was nice, boy was it hot, it was so hot on the night that it was unbearable and we were unable to sleep. The service was good, if you rang reception the lady who answered was prompt and polite. The breckfast menu was lovely and extensive making sure that all tastes were catered for and there were lots of the usual nice littel complimeentry touches such as broillies to use and shower gels etc. Overall. I would stay there again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 15 En-suite bedrooms situated in period outbuildings tastefully converted to provide contemporary accommodation. Bedrooms are very well equipped and some suitable for families. With an emphasis on fresh local produce the Clive Restaurant is renowned for locally sourced food, two AA Rosettes and entries in the Good Food and Michelin Guide. The Bar offers less formal dining and lighter menu. Located in Bromfield just 2 miles north of Ludlow with ample parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Clive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clive Restaurant With Rooms Hotel Bromfield
- The Clive Ludlow/Bromfield, England