The hotel (or restaurant with rooms) is well located, about 2 miles out of Ludlow, near to the ludlow food centre. The main feature are the superb sized rooms which are on offer. Compared to other hotels in Ludlow the price is reasonable and is good value for money. The best part is the walk into Ludlow on a well surfaced bridal path (easy walking even in ordinary shoes, a bit up and down but you get some great views), which takes about an hour or so and brings you out at Dinham close to the cafe. it is also very quiet another plus, though The Clive is also a pub so bear this in mind.
The downside - well not many we thought, but the full english breakfast (when we had it) had too much fat for our taste (it was in fact a good old fashioned fry-up with local ingredients - so from that point of view very good).. the next day we had poached eggs and an omelette - both very good. the breakfast room can also be a little airless, especially in warmer weather.
Definitely a great place to stay - this is probably our 5th visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 15 En-suite bedrooms situated in period outbuildings tastefully converted to provide contemporary accommodation. Bedrooms are very well equipped and some suitable for families. With an emphasis on fresh local produce the Clive Restaurant is renowned for locally sourced food, two AA Rosettes and entries in the Good Food and Michelin Guide. The Bar offers less formal dining and lighter menu. Located in Bromfield just 2 miles north of Ludlow with ample parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Clive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clive Restaurant With Rooms Hotel Bromfield
- The Clive Ludlow/Bromfield, England