The Clive was recommended to me by a friend and I was really pleased that I listened to him. The room in the barn conversion was lovely - amazingly spacious and with a lovely bathroom - which had a powerful shower above the bath. If I have to gripe about anything then it would be that the large TV on the desk/dressing table area takes up a lot of space which was a problem when I was trying to use my laptop and have numerous files out at the same time. (A nice sleek flat screen on the wall above would be far cooler!). However, all is forgiven as there was free wireless connection. Although the place is really convenient for the main A49 road there was no traffic noise that I could hear.
And then the restaurant ....the food was absolutely fabulous - really, really good. I would recommend the venison with parsnip chunky chips to anyone! Restaurant staff were friendly and pleasant - and attentive without being a pain.
Next door to the site (across the car park) is the Ludlow Food Centre which is well worth a visit for any foodie wanting to stock up on good ingredients.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 15 En-suite bedrooms situated in period outbuildings tastefully converted to provide contemporary accommodation. Bedrooms are very well equipped and some suitable for families. With an emphasis on fresh local produce the Clive Restaurant is renowned for locally sourced food, two AA Rosettes and entries in the Good Food and Michelin Guide. The Bar offers less formal dining and lighter menu. Located in Bromfield just 2 miles north of Ludlow with ample parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The Clive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clive Restaurant With Rooms Hotel Bromfield
- The Clive Ludlow/Bromfield, England