“Weekend in the Valley”
Review of Slumber Inn

Slumber Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Minas
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Slumber Inn in New Minas. The rooms are a great size, very clean and equiped with all that one needs. The Slumber Inn is well located with easy access to the New Minas and Kentville area. The staff are very friendly and do a great job! The beds are more than comfortable for a great nights sleep.The complimentary continental breakfast gives me the start I need for my day. I definately recommend the Slumber Inn!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
annieweedo, Manager at Slumber Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Dear MichaelAP:

Thanks for your comments! So glad you had a great sleep and you found our beds comfortable. We pride ourselves on the quality of the box spring and mattress sets we put in our guest rooms. They are all from Simmons Canada which have a very good reputation for their quality products. We strive very hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness in our property. Where Limited Service Hotels do not have optional features such as swimming pools, dining rooms, games area, etc.; it is very important that we try to deliver the best possible accommodation product we can! We hope that you will return soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

I recently stayed at the Slumber Inn, New Minas. It doesn’t have all the amenities of a full service hotel but they are very very clean and their beds are so comfortable! The housekeeping staff are wonderful and do a fantastic job! We forgot to bring a corkscrew and the housekeeper overheard our conversation and said she could get one for us. She left and was back instantly with a corkscrew and wine glasses! If you are looking for a friendly, super clean place to stay, I highly recommend the Slumber Inn!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank candice b

Thank you for your kind comments! We try very hard to think of the little things that are important to our guests such as having a corkscrew on hand when needed. Since we are a Limited Service hotel, the attention to detail is very important! We hope that you will return again soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2011

My work takes me on the road three weeks of each month, finding decent lodging in rural NS can be challenging.. the Slumber Inn in New Minas is my stop of choice.. the rooms are well appointed, comfortable, clean and quiet.. but more importantly.. the staff is what makes my stay the most enjoyable. I am always greeted with a smile, treated like a king, and always look forward to staying there. When I arrive, they say "your room is ready" which is no joke.. they've dubbed one room as "My room" so it kinda feels like I'm home.. and I appreciate that.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I am a frequent guest at Slumber Inn, New Minas, NS and highly recommend this property! The central location, great rates, and friendly staff keep me coming back. The size of the room is perfect and I always get a great nights rest (I have been told they have all new Simmons Beautyrest sets). The rooms are very clean and well appointed. They have all the modern amenities: mini fridge, microwave, hairdryer, coffee maker and excellent wireless internet service at no charge. The complimentary continental breakfast gives me the start I need to my day. A home away from home is what I can count on at Slumber Inn New Minas. Thank You!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2011

A typical wayside hotel. Nothing much wrong with it for this style of hotel, but nothing special either. Don't bother with their free breakfast go next door for a real breakfast.

Room Tip: Go for a rooms as far away from the road as possible.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank welshtraveller42
annieweedo, Manager at Slumber Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear Guest:

The Slumber Inn - New Minas is classified as a Limited Service Hotel which means that we do not offer the services or amenities of a full service property. The Slumber Inn does not have a kitchen so a full breakfast is not possible but we do hope that our guests will be able to make a nice selection for breakfast from the variety we offer: muffins, danish, toast & presesrves, bagels & cream cheese, hot and cold cereals, banannas, juice, coffee or team. But if a light breakfast is not preferred, we can recommend two outstanding hot breakfast choices: Smitty's which is within walking distance or CORA's which is a 5 min. drive from the hotel. Thank you for choosing the Slumber Inn and we hope to be of service again, should your travels bring you to the Annapolis Valley!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently stayed at the Slumber Inn – New Minas! I just want to say how great the rooms were. The rooms are spotless….very clean! The beds are especially comfortable! Their rooms have a microwave and fridge which meant that I did not have to eat out every night! They offer a great continental breakfast which is included in the rate. The service was second to none! The staff were very friendly and couldn’t do enough to make my stay enjoyable! I will definitely return to the Slumber Inn when business takes me back to the Annapolis Valley!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Melisa E
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Looked like the beds were plucked from a dorm room, they were so small. We had a room on the second floor. When i picked up my bag to leave it was covered with ants. When I mentioned this to the desk clerk, his response was, I guess we will have to get the exterminator back again. He did not even offer a discount. This will be my last stay at the New Minas Slumber Inn

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank PEI_Travellers
annieweedo, Manager at Slumber Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear Guest: Thank you for your comments! First let me say that we are very aware of our "ant" problem. We contract the services of Braemar Pest Control who start with a spray program in late March and continue until October. We couple this with our own efforts. We have posted a letter at the front desk for all the public to see and we have included a letter about the situation in our guest rooms. We are genuinely concerned and are doing everything possible to keep the issue under control and to make our valued guests aware.. One must rememeber that our hotel is situated in the heart of agricultural country. The soil, in itself is the big attraction especially when fertilized. With respect to the small beds, all our rooms with two beds are twin or single beds. Unfortunately, our rooms are not large enough to handle two double beds. Customer demand since the first day we opened in 1989 has dictated we have some room inventory available with two beds. Unfortunately we are not able to change the physical structure of the building. Rest assured our twin beds are all top quality beautyrest box spring and pillow top mattress sets from Simmons Canada. Last but certainly not least, if one were to check the prices of other limited service properties in Nova Scotia: Yarmouth, Bridgewater, Antigonish, Sydney, the results would be that the Slumber Inn - New Minas room rates are very similar to its competitors. Thank you for taking the time to comment as customer feedback is a critical step to improvement.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Minas
#1 of 1 in Grand Pre
Tattingstone Inn
Tattingstone Inn
#2 of 10 in Wolfville

Been to Slumber Inn? Share your experiences!