“Great Food and Outstanding Service”

McGill's Cafe and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
McGill's Cafe and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in New Minas
Cuisines: International, British, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Tonight was our first visit to McGill's on a workmates recommendation and I'm glad we went. The food was all very good, hot and well presented and reasonably priced. The service was some of the best I have recieved anywhere. Our waitress was cheerful, prompt and very professional. After one of our appatizers was missed our server promptly retrieved another one for us and couldn't do enough. I have dined in fine restaraunts all over the globe that could learn from this establishment. Thankyou for the great experience and we are looking forward to many more great meals with you.

Robert S, General Manager at McGill's Cafe and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you so much for your thoughts regarding your experience with us. It is wonderful when everyone is on their game!!!!

See you soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We love McGill's, and have been there various times. The service and food are outstanding! Such fine cuisine at these prices is really unheard of in the valley. We had a lovely dinner there on Valentine's day-the homemade pasta is seriously to die for, and the desserts are decadent!! I love the comfort food as well-had a delicious slice of meat pie in the winter-nothing better! All the food is homemade, and spices so fresh-absolutely delicious! Can't finish without saying how enjoyable the brunch is-refreshing change to have real bacon, fresh organic eggs,and homemade bread & beans...yum!! Really love the theme weeks too, and can't wait to try Italian this week!!

Thank you for writing to report on your time spent at McGill's, Your comments were fabulous, we strive daily to create the experience that you had with us.

See you again soon!!!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I don't normally take the time to write reviews, but I felt compelled to write one after a visit to McGill's.

A group of friends and I have been been following the Ideal Protein program and have cut sugar and foods high in carbohydrates from our diet.
As you can imagine this has really limited our food choices and has made eating out a bit more of an undertaking.

It hasn't really stopped us from eating out, but if you have a food allergy or sensitivity you will know what I mean when I say you get to see the darker side of a restaurant when you start talking to your server about your food requirements...

McGill's staff turned what has often been a frustrating part of dining out into a great experience for us. When we explained what we needed, the server and the Kitchen staff bent over backwards to accommodate our needs. The chef even came out to clarify to be sure that what he had come up with to prepare for us would be suit able. They never rolled their eyes, or sighed or made excuses, they just did their best.

We had decided to try McGill's hoping they would be able to accommodate us because we had heard they make everything from scratch so we figured they would at least know what the ingredients were in everything and would have fresh produce to make great salad or something.

They really blew us away. They took our limitations and ran with them and our meals were so good we've been back again already. The portion was great, price was more than fair everything was full of flavour and the presentation was so attractive my friend took a picture.(I will try to see if we can post it.)

It was just really nice to be taken care of; not to be made to feel like we were putting them out with our requests; And not to have to cook my own meal, just so I could eat within my requirements. Thank you McGill's!!

2  Thank Carriekentville
Reviewed March 7, 2013

On Jan. 19, my husband and I had a wonderful dining experience at McGill's Cafe. We were warmly welcomed and seated immediately by friendly staff. A glass of delectable house wine followed with appetizers closely behind. Our order for entrees was taken promptly and served soon after with just the right proportion size so we could enjoy desert and Irish coffee after. The meal was healthily prepared and served decoratively. The scenic view was great in my eyes - he was sitting directly across from me. We ended the night with some dancing in the Junkyard feeling fabulous! If you're looking for greasy food and humungous proportions, perhaps this isn't the place for you--after all, 2013 is the year to change diet and lifestyle to be a healthier you. We will certainly be diners here again!

1  Thank suhaul
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We only dined here the one time. The service wasn't great and the food portions were very small for what you're paying. I want to get a better value and no leave hungry. There are certainly better options in the area.

2  Thank wingsfan10