“Great place for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just a quick coffee and muffin!”

McGill's Cafe and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
McGill's Cafe and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in New Minas
Cuisines: International, British, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great place! On a small street just off the main drag, so its not obvious if you don't know its there (which is too bad because I'm sure a lot of people are missing out on it). Definately worth trying out and has a little something for all tastes.

I've eaten there a few times over the last few months. Its fairly new and has been significantly improving its service and food over the last few months. I really like how there is a regular dinner menu, but also changing cultural themes so that you can try something different each week. Its also handy to drop by and grab a quick coffee and snack and the baked goods and desserts are excellent.

The times and hours it is open are a little inconsistant (and not posted on the door) so I have gone by a few times when it was not open before I figured out the hours. Its open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but unfortunately is only open for dinner thursday, friday, and saturday. Wish it was open all week for dinner because I would be able to go more.

2  Thank NSGIrl75
There are newer reviews for McGill's Cafe and Restaurant

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We ate there, but weren't very hungry so just had the spinach salads. It was fresh , crispy served with candied pecans, dried cranberries, marinated onions, a mild cheese and a sweet dressing. It was served with slices of fresh bread. Service was excellent and the waite staff was knowledgeable about the menu. It was Italian theme night and we wish we had been hungry as it all sounded good. We saved room for the dessert and chose the lemon tart with raspberries, it was tart and delicious in a homemade shortbread crust. This would be a favorite if we lived in this area.

2  Thank grandmazany
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This place is a little hidden, but easy to find. They have ample parking.
The restaurant has various dished, from burgers and smoked-meat sandwiches to spanakopitas and salads.
Everything we tried was absolutely delicious and the deserts scrumptious.
The service was delightful and the atmosphere very serene.

2  Thank melo_jp
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I have been here multiple times.

We have tried all the theme nights at least once. If you like different ethnic food this is a great place to try. Even if you do not like Indian, Mexican, Italian and Mediterranean themes you can always order from the regular menu - such as fish and chips, sandwiches etc

My favorite theme night is Mexican night I highly recommend it. We have tried many of the items off this menu and enjoyed chicken mole, tacos, tostadas to name a few.

The service is hit or miss. But service does not matter to me as much as the food.

This is defintely one of the best hidden gems in the Valley.

3  Thank NSFoodConnoisseur
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Went here in July 2012. Great, clean, inviting cafe. Had the quiche and salad and it was awesome. My family had fish and chips and a wrap and fries. Everything was fantastic, definitely recommend. Nice patio too. Service was excellent. I will definitely be back.

3  Thank graywolfpack