“Great Spot”

McGill's Cafe and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
McGill's Cafe and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in New Minas
Cuisines: International, British, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Went here in July 2012. Great, clean, inviting cafe. Had the quiche and salad and it was awesome. My family had fish and chips and a wrap and fries. Everything was fantastic, definitely recommend. Nice patio too. Service was excellent. I will definitely be back.

3  Thank graywolfpack

Reviewed April 17, 2012

So a good friend of mine had been bugging me to go and try out McGill's Cafe. So today we did just that. The menu is fantastic, realistic and very cost efficient. I think there is something for everyone.... the wait staff is FAN FREAKIN' TASTIC. You can tell that everything is really made with care, and not second class.

For what you get, one would expect to pay a LOT more than what we did. The place is spotless, and interior is very nice. I think its a New Mindless secret spot, that everybody should experience and enjoy.

The only negative thing about the entire experience was the old battleaxe next to us that was rude, crude, and down right nasty to the waitress who was more than providing ABOVE AVERAGE service. Obviously the old bag thought she was all that and a bag of chips and the waitress handled her foolishness extremely well and professionally.

Tip your wait staff, they are EXCELLENT ! My meal was 12$ tax included, and I would have had no problem paying $20 for it.

Don't be afraid to try something new or different; the wait staff explains it all in extremely good detail prior to placing your order. But, if you do feel like the regular meal like fish n chips you do have that option, and you will be pleasantly surprised how well they are prepared and presented.

4  Thank FundyCoast
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I had been hoping to try McGill's Cafe for a while, but they were only open for breakfast and lunch service which didn't work well for my schedule. However, over the holidays, my wife and I had a day off and so we ventured in for lunch. We were very happy with our experience, I sampled the poutine, and my wife had the special of the day which was a quiche. We liked that much of the fare was locally sourced, and the food was well prepared.
While there we discovered they were starting to offer supper service on Thursday and Friday nights, with a different theme each week. So we went back the next evening with my sister and brother-in-law and enjoyed a delicious Italian meal.
We enjoyed both our experiences at McGill's and hope to enjoy more meals there in the future.

6  Thank Peter B
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Visited this Cafe several times for breakfast, lunch and supper, on each occasion my wife and I have found the food and service to be excellent.
Great value and the Taxes are included with menu prices
Would recommend strongly

3  Thank Berwickboy
Reviewed September 19, 2011

It's thats kind of entree you wake up thinking about. in the middle of the night, .just have to have it again..so good. Oh those brownies are to die for as well.
Thanks Chef Woodworth..it was sooooo delicious.

3  Thank Donna U