“Customer service leaves a lot to be desired.”

Restaurant grill select
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2019

This was not our first time here and we like the food, however the most recent experience was very disappointing.
Arrived early on a Sunday evening without a reservation and asked if there was space for our group of 5. We were told that as long as we could be done in about an hour as there was a reservation at 7 it would be OK. To be done within that time is never a problem for us. On arrival the restaurant was around half filled but it still took 15 minutes before our orders were taken and a group arriving after us was served first. The one starter we had thought of sharing was unavailable so we had main dishes only. Our dishes were fine and most of us had finished eating well before 7 when they started clearing the dishes away, even though one person was still finishing. By 6.50 we had already paid the bill (18.47 on my interac statement, with the tip that I now regret adding being recorded here too). We were just finishing our wine when we had the first of three less than subtle hints that it was time for us to leave. No booked guests had arrived and no one was waiting to be seated and there were even a few empty tables. When we raised this with the waitress who was the last to indicate it was time for us to leave, her response was simply that she needed to clear the table, and when we indicated that we had waited a considerable time to be served, given that they knew they wanted us out before 7, the response was that they were busy. If you cannot cope when only around 3/4 of your tables are occupied, that is not promising. We were out the door by 6.55 with there being still no guests awaiting seating, Rudeness does not even go half way to describing this. The food is OK but not so great or unique that with plenty of other choices in the West Island I have no desire to pay for this sort of treatment.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 16, 2019

This was the first time my wife and I visited this Persian restaurant which has been in business now for 6 years in Kirkland, Quebec. Although the restaurant is primarily Persian, it also serves the most delicious Greek food, and at very, very reasonable prices.

We both had the 2-for-one special consisting of extremely generous portions of tender chicken and veggies on pita with sour cream, yummy baked potatoes, rice, and house salad. The meal came with a large piece of Greek feta cheese. Our appetites were soon satiated, and of course we had to take the rest home for tomorrow evening's meal!

Services was impeccable, waiters were friendly, portions were gigantic, and the food - well, some of the best calamaris I have had (fresh, fresh and fresh) and the main course was just as good. Next time, we hope to try the Persian menu when we return.

I highly recommend this west island restaurant!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 4, 2019

We've been to Grill Select many times both to eat in and take out and have never been disappointed. The food is always good and only prepared once you order. Food is always served hot, again, for both eat in and take out. Staff is young and energetic. Always very friendly. The restaurant is small and almost always busy so a reservation is a good idea. We've tried many different dishes, appetizers and mains, and all are good. My only negative is the Ash soup. It looks beautiful when it arrives with all the different ingredients but I personally find it a bit bland. I've tried it a couple of times just to be sure but it has been the same each time. That's the only negative comment I have. On top of everything that's so good about Grill Select, you bring your own wine so dinner is VERY economical. They are open for both lunch and dinner.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 4, 2019

We had a nice business lunch with our souvlaki plate selections. Service was friendly and quick. It was quite busy during the weekday we were there. I plan on returning for dinner some time soon.....it is also a bring your own wine place.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed January 27, 2019

Not a fancy place but the food makes up for it...Make reservations since it gets busy fast...large portions and delicious.

Date of visit: January 2019