“Famiglia”

La Famiglia & co
Ranked #9 of 45 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bring your own wine.
Montreal
“Famiglia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

A good homestyle italian restaurant on Montreal's West Island. The diningroom isn't the biggest, but has a good atmosphere. They take reservations for groups big and small. The food is excellent; true italian flovors. My favorites are the sweetpotato gnocchi with gigi sauce, the peppers and sausages, the pizzas, and the penne arrabiata. The sushi is also very good, which is kind of odd, but there is an authentic Japanese inhouse sushi chef. The portions are all very large. This place has authentic italian cuisine. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Not to mention it's a bring your own wine restaurant which is good if you don't like to spend a lot on wines. All around a nice little place in a quiet location.

• Visited November 2012

Montreal, Quebec
“Good food & Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been to this restaurant 3 times and have found it very good. It is italian & Sushi, bring your own wine (or beer), Service is good and friendly and would recommend this to everyone.

• Visited February 2013
Montreal, Canada
“This is a unique restaurant combining Italian and Sushi.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I didn't try the sushi although the staff assured me it was quite good but I can honestly say I was thrown off by it even being offered on the menu. The restaurant is very open and the inside is comfortable although it was extremely loud (granted it is the holiday season with Christmas parties) A focaccia bread was presented which was both soft and fresh, always a nice beginning to a meal. We then started with the calamari, it was a little tough but still flavourful. I had the osso buco and was very pleased, it was extremely tender with a tasty tomato sauce and a lovely assortment of grilled veggies. The veggies were cooked perfectly although a bit cold. I was surprised that having pasta instead of the veggies would cost an additional $3.00 so I settled for what was offered. La Famiglia & Co. is a BYOB restaurant allowing you to bring what you want to drink and keep your meal affordable. 3 mmm's out of 5

• Visited December 2012
Montreal, Canada
“There's This Great Little Italian Restaurant.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently discovered an excellent little Italian restaurant located in a non-descript retail strip mall in a western suburb of Montreal. Excellent service, excellent home-made food. I particularly liked the potato gnocchi. I have been there 3 times and consider this restaurant one of my faves. This is a bring-your-own-wine/beer restaurant so don't forget to bring a good bottle. The place is always busy, even on a Tuesday or Wednesday night so it's a good idea to make a reservation.

• Visited October 2012
Beaconsfield, Canada
“A surprising Italian & Suchi restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I went for the first time on a Friday night and thanks to making a reservation the day before we were lucky to ge a table for two. The time was a little earlier than we had hoped for but as the evening went on it was easy to see how popular the restaurant is, as it was packed by 8.00pm.
We were seated on the side of the dining area near to the Sushi bar and could see the Suchi orders being prepared and served on a regular flow. We went for the Italian menu I had the Osso Buco ($30) and my wife had the Pasta with the Rosee sauce ($16) . The Osso Bucu was first class and a great sauce but the grilled vegetables were a bit "limp" the pasta dish was excellent and perfectly "al dente". The deserts were homemade Tiramisu which were a delightful end to our meal.
This is a "bring your own wine" restaurant and as such makes the overall cost of the evening very reasonable.
The waiter war very attentive even thought it was a "full house". We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will return soon.

• Visited November 2012