“Stay clear if you want decent coffee!”

Maurizio Resto Cafe
Ranked #16 of 60 Restaurants in Kirkland
Reviewed May 2, 2019

We were in desperate need of a good coffee this morning, and where else would you go BUT an Italian restaurant for that?!

Boy were we wrong. The cappuccinos served were one of the worst we ever had, despite them having a separate grinder and an OK looking coffee maker.

The restaurant itself is OK and we can't comment on the food, but if an Italian restaurant serves crap coffee, I'm not sure that I want to come back to try the rest..

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed March 22, 2019

It is a shame that I do not live nearer this little gem of a restorant, for I would support them as often as I could. As it stands, I rarely am in the area but whenever I am, I try to stop by for some excellent eats!

I admit I have only been there a handful of times and always for breakfast... But what a breakfast indeed! Everything is home-cooked from scratch and you can tell just by their home fries. Anyone who goes through the trouble of making their own breakfast potatoes is a sign that they put care in their food.

Of course if you are used to chain restorants, then you may feel this place is somewhat lacking as the service is personnal, the coffe home brewed (you must indeed try their various assortment of coffees!) and the food different every time. They have a good selection of plates, all of which are top notch and perfectly prepared, and I suggest you try different things whenever you do there.

I can not sign the praises enough for this place, as it is always a highlight of my day everytime I am in the area and can visit this place.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

Quick lunch with a client.

Great salads. Great environment. Good value for money. Great service. Found a large selection of meat and fish dishes. The salad I ordered was a garden salad with a home made dressing. Was fantastic.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 29, 2018

I was looking for a soup and a sandwich. They don't serve sandwiches. What I had instead was a bowl of stratiachella (spelling, sorry!) and a bruschetta. Imagine my surprise that the bruschetta came with a small salad! It was perfect for lunch. The huge plates of food I saw coming out made me feel overwhelmed! So large for lunch.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 22, 2018

To remain brief; my wife and I wanted to try this place for a while since it was nearby where we had to run errands.

We went there for breakfast and it was hands down the best breakfast in a restaurant we have had in a long time.

Food was carefully arranged, cooked to perfection, home-made breakfast potatoes which are sublime, and the best breakfast sausages I myself have ever had.

They also have an impressive coffee selection which is also prepared with care.

Very friendly service, this place can not be recommended enough. We will deffinately return, and try their luch and dinner menu if we are in the area!

Date of visit: October 2018