“Wonderful engagement dinner!”

Maurizio Resto Cafe
Ranked #16 of 60 Restaurants in Kirkland
Reviewed January 2, 2018

Excellent attention to all details for a memorable evening for our son and future daughter in law Food was excellent especially the Portuguese piri piri chicken. Cannoli dessert very good. Went back for breakfast on another day. Very good menu choices and good portion. Very friendly service. We ordered take out piri piri chicken with fries for pre Christmas dinner. Delicious!!

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

Have passed by this spot a thousand times and finally decided to stop in. Service was friendly and attentive. Pizza was excellent Italian style crust. Piri piri chicken was good but could have been spicier. Salad was fresh and very well dressed. All around good bet and not crazy expensive. I’ll go back for sure and try some more items.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

This is a fantastic little restaurant in Kirkland. Great food and quality coffees. Our server was friendly and attentive. Would definitely go here again!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch today and was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the piri piri chicken from the table d'hote menu and it was excellent. The bruschetta starter was loaded with garlic - just the way I like it! Others at the table ordered pannini's, which also received very favourable reports. All serving sizes were larger than expected.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

This was my first time visit and probably my last.

This is advertised as an Italian eatery. As we sat waiting, the owners bragged about using only the best and freshest of ingredients, then served us a veal parmagiana with terrible and cheap powdered cheese loaded on top of a piece of veal. It was not even baked, broiled or melted. Not impressed and tasted like it looked. Insulting at 24$.

I had the veal limone, which was good. But when I was offered some parmagiana cheese they dumped the same crappy granular powdered cheese. Actually ruining the pasta portion of my dish. See cheese on top of penne pasta on attached picture.

I also had an antipasto plate as appetizer. Truly uninspired. 4 thin slices of some sausage, 1 1/2 slice of prosciutto and a single small ball of boconcchino cheese sliced in 4. No other decoration or inspired plating. If it was around 7 bucks it would have been ok, maybe. But at almost 14 bucks, that was insulting.

The house red wine was very good.

Nice, bigger than expected place but lacks true culinary discipline and techniques. If it had been half the price it would have met my expectation. But at those prices I expect, and should have expected, much more.

Hate to say it, but the best part was the dessert. But it comes from outside supplier.

Date of visit: October 2017